Shows You Liked as a Kid

Another thread got me thinking, what shows did you watch as a kid?

My favorites were:

GI Joe (obviously)
Transformers
Silver Hawks
He-Man.

You remember, the cartoons that were just one big toy commerical?

Voltron ruled, however I got really ticked in the early 90’s when the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ripped them off.

I was in NJ this past weekend and they have a channel up there called “Nickelodon GAS” which shows nothing but old Nickelodeon game shows from the 80’s and early 90’s. Did anyone ever watch/like “Legends of the Hidden Temple,” “GUTS,” or “Double Dare.” It was one big nostalgia trip for me - I was in elementary school when those shows were big.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:27 PM [b] I was in NJ this past weekend and they have a channel up there called "Nickelodon GAS" which shows nothing but old Nickelodeon game shows from the 80's and early 90's. Did anyone ever watch/like "Legends of the Hidden Temple," "GUTS," or "Double Dare." It was one big nostalgia trip for me - I was in elementary school when those shows were big. [/b]
Double Dare was solid, though I always got mad because the kids didn't know the questions which were soooo freakin easy.

What age group we talking here?

If I go by what I’m labeling as kid (14 and under) years, then I watched:

Diff’rent Strokes
Land of the Lost (loved the Sleastacks)
Happy Days
Mr. Wizard (loved that show)
Dukes Of Hazzard
Facts of Life (if you can admit Kid’s Incorporated, I can admit that one :stuck_out_tongue: )
Jetsons
Flintstones
Fraggle Rock (catchy singing in that one)
My Two Dads
Double Trouble (with the twins)

Double Dare was cool… I always thought I could have done better than those kids on the physical challenges and that last obstacle course thingy. They always put nerdy kids on there. How hard can it be to find a little orange flag in a big pile of slime?

Other than that…
G.I. Joe
He-Man
Super Friends

A-Team
MacGyver
Alf
American Gladiators :ph34r:

EDIT: Add Mr. Wizzard to my list… I had forgotten about him. Bill Nye has nothing on that guy.

I liked GI Joe, Transformers, Silverhawks, Scooby Doo, Masters of the Universe (Still have my castle Greyskull) and stuff like that. Thundercats was another classic.

Captain Planet was another Voltron rip off. I watched MMPR before I went to school, I just remember thinking how hot the girls were, I loved the first season.

Dang…forgot about A-Team. Definitely one of my all-time favs.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:31 PM [b] What age group we talking here?

If I go by what I’m labeling as kid (14 and under) years, then I watched:

Diff’rent Strokes
Land of the Lost (loved the Sleastacks)
Happy Days
Mr. Wizard (loved that show)
Dukes Of Hazzard
Facts of Life (if you can admit Kid’s Incorporated, I can admit that one :stuck_out_tongue: )
Jetsons
Flintstones
Fraggle Rock (catchy singing in that one)
My Two Dads
Double Trouble (with the twins) [/b]

All quality shows.

I never got “My Two Dads”. Did you ever catch on to how mean it was? They actually didn’t know which one was her dad?

“Hey little girl, your mom’s dead. Oh, and by the way she was a slut.”

EDIT - Fraggle Rock was terrific as well. That was only if you had HBO though.

Fraggle Rock is awesome. The puppets were way better than the cartoon.

I remember My Two Dads, my mom was always pissed when I watched that show because it had a bad message.

I too liked Fraggle Rock, except Mokey. She was the moss eating tree hugger of the group. Alway protesting something.

Uncle Matt’s letters about the real world were hilarious.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:39 PM [b] Fraggle Rock is awesome. The puppets were way better than the cartoon. [/b]
I never knew they made that into a cartoon.

My favorite was the orange guy that always went and explored the real world. He cracked me up.

Wow, forgot all about Mokey. That show was the greatest.

Never really gave that much thought to My Two Dads but I guess it did send a bit of a warped message…lol. Wasn’t that where Paul got his big break or did he do any known work before that?

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:44 PM [b] My favorite was the orange guy that always went and explored the real world. He cracked me up. [/b]
[img]http://www.fragglerocker.com/media/pics/matt/matt1.jpg[/img]

Uncle Matt ruled.

Anyone remember what he called real people?

some of my favorites were:

3’s company
wonder years
a-team

do you guys remember:

Greatest american hero
sledgehammer
V
What’s happening
Good times

I’ll have to give this topic more thought

as for cartoons one of you guys already brought up land of the lost. I couldn’t remember the name earlier. That always came on with Sigmon the Seamonster if I recall correctly. Does anyone remember the cartoon that had some blond Conan looking guy, some girl, some mindless strong guy/thing with his f’up looking horse. That was pretty cool too.

Old school TV rules, better than half the crap out today.

Transformers, G.I. Joe, Voltron (only the lion version, hated the vehicles), Dungeons & Dragons (great cartoon, I liked the Ranger with the bow, he was cool), Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team, Blue Thunder, Street Hawk, and of course the Incredible Hulk. Pee Wee’s Playhouse (Phil Hartman was on the show and I think Lawerence Fishburn as well), Mask (another good cartoon), He-Man.

I’m glad I kept my old Transformers. They make good bookends. :cool:

how can this thread have gone on this long and Thundercats only get mentioned once. One of the best. Voltron also rocked (power rangers totally ripped this to shreds).

Did anyone ever see the PacMan cartoon that used to come on USA Saturday Morning Cartoon Express?? I thought it was cool. Or the Snorkles? I think it came on NBC (or one of the major networks).

Original Scooby-Doos are hard to beat as well.

My favorite was the Jeff Mullins Show

Anborn, I think that was the Snorks, not the Snorkles.

Snorks: Smurfs underwater. It’s still on Cartoon Network or Boomerang.

Actually, I think most of the cartoons mentioned herein are on Cartoon Network or Boomerang. That network caters to the aging Gen X-ers who grew up on that stuff and pine for the good old days.

where’s the love for Gobo?

I wish the Cartoon Network would show more original Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc.

A few other shows I thought of, BJ and the Bear, The Fall Guy, TJ Hooker, Airwolf (although I thought Blue Thunder was better).