Williams
Phaler
Anderson
Dewhurst
Wilderness?

Class of 2006 link:
http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7481

Wilderness!! Wilderness!!

dear God PLEASE let us find a true BIG MAN for next year. this whole wing player frezy is really getting out of hand. dont get me wrong, i love it when we sign a highly touted wing who can take it to the rack, but when we are getting MURDERED on the boards and getting posted up and abused on every possesion next year, we are going to wish we were able to snag a 6ā€™8 or 6ā€™9 240lb+ banger of a centerā€¦:unhappy:

to add to chisox, no Juco either. Thats what got us into this mess.

Please Lord donā€™t make me wish we had Iti with senior experience.

[QUOTE=ninerID;138547]Please Lord donā€™t make me wish we had Iti with senior experience.[/QUOTE]
I honestly donā€™t think anything could make me wish that. :confused:

Iā€™ve been whining about the lack of a big man in the ā€˜06 recruiting class for quite some time. Did you look at the exhibition last week? Williams and Coleman (only 2 guys taller than 6ā€™-6" for '06/07) are it. 6-9 190 lbs Phaler is not a biggie. Pray for no injuries. Unless we snag another couple of Cam Stephens type guys from Juco, weā€™re in deep doo-doo next year. If you thought the '2002/2003 (13w-16L) team was badā€¦

I must say that while I donā€™t think we would be final four bound or anything, I do believe we would be a most exciting team to watch if we consisted of only guards. And if we did have such a roster, we could pull out a lot of wins in the slower paced A10 if we could dictate the tempo.

[QUOTE=max;138554]Iā€™ve been whining about the lack of a big man in the ā€˜06 recruiting class for quite some time. Did you look at the exhibition last week? Williams and Coleman (only 2 guys taller than 6ā€™-6" for '06/07) are it. 6-9 190 lbs Phaler is not a biggie. Pray for no injuries. Unless we snag another couple of Cam Stephens type guys from Juco, weā€™re in deep doo-doo next year. If you thought the '2002/2003 (13w-16L) team was badā€¦[/QUOTE]

Phaler will play as a PF for us. He will probably get banged around by bigger forwards a lot, but how many teams in the A10 will actually have two productive big men to take advantage of us on that area(heck, other than Withers our team wasnā€™t able to take advantage of Pfieffer, tallest player 6ā€™5")? I would count on us signing a JUCO as well, I say we go into the season with 4 big men, 2 of them will be experienced. Yes, itā€™s a far cry from having the luxary of Curtis Withers we have enjoyed for a few years now, but it will have to do.

And a difference between us next year(potentially) and us in 02-03 is that we will be going in with two big men with a year of experience with us. In 02/03 we went in with Withers as a freshman, Clemmons coming in as a transfer and an inconsistent Tory Reed. If Coleman and Courtney Williams play well this year(as is expected) we will have two very solid big men returning for next year.

But you are right, one injury or if Williams or Coleman turn out to be worse than advertised, and we are going to be in trouble without signing another big man.

Carlos Williams will give us a new dimension at PG. He can cause problems defensively and really get others involved.Also can shoot it.

Phaler is at least 200 now. He should be here for the summer like Coleman was. I think we can ad another 10-15 lbs to him. Should be a nice 2 year player.

Tatum will be a star. NICE size at the 2.

Courtney Williams averaged 15 and 12 in JUCO. He can get the job done. Coleman should be what we need inside.

Regarding Phaler: Two of his coaches (current and former), who both know him well, say ā€œheā€™s as big as heā€™s gonna get.ā€ ā€œHeā€™s a wirey kind of a guyā€. ā€œNot a bangerā€. I wouldnā€™t count on him for much more than three point bombs. We will definitely need that. I hope you guys are right about Twon and DC.

Dewhurst is official. Welcome to Niner Nation!

[QUOTE=max;138614]Regarding Phaler: Two of his coaches (current and former), who both know him well, say ā€œheā€™s as big as heā€™s gonna get.ā€ ā€œHeā€™s a wirey kind of a guyā€. ā€œNot a bangerā€. I wouldnā€™t count on him for much more than three point bombs. We will definitely need that. I hope you guys are right about Twon and DC.[/QUOTE]

Until he meets Preston Greeneā€¦ :biggrin:

2 down 4 to go

A LOT of late MAJOR interest in Carlos Williamsā€¦BUT he is a NINER!!! :thumbsup:

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;138641]A LOT of late MAJOR interest in Carlos Williamsā€¦BUT he is a NINER!!! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
SWEET!!! :clap: :clap:

Phaler signed today as well.

http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110905aaa.html

Guess we are done for the dayā€¦whereā€™s Tatum?

Iā€™m going to sign on with the bank. LOL.

Where is andersen? I think tatum would wait a day. If all 5 signed in one day. Then it would take away from each of them. Its better to split.

[QUOTE=CMack124;138688]http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110905aaa.html

Guess we are done for the dayā€¦whereā€™s Tatum?[/QUOTE]

Good player descriptions in that story. It sounds like Lutz is very high on Williams. Tatum is solid but may not sign right away.