Silver Lining

In all honesty…our HUGE fall from grace in the basketball world will actually be the best thing to happen here since 1977.

Because of our dropping into the A10 and our subsequent fall…our students and alums finally put some pressure on improving the University thru adding Football. And trust me…the administration sees it now crystal clearly. If we would have gone to the Big East or stayed in CUSA or even were able to stay strong in the A10, the admin would never feel like they needed to improve on anything.

Now they see what we were afraid of. Our meal ticket (basketball) is gone…because we don’t have football…which is leverage in prestige and which is instrumental in building stronger alumni/student/community support.

Yes…be thankful for our move to the A10 and our fall from basketball grace…it is why we WILL get football.

that’s fine with me. SOCON here we come. Bring on Football!!!

socon, no no… back to conf USA!

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;221895]that’s fine with me. SOCON here we come. Bring on Football!!![/QUOTE]

No. No. No. No SoCon for basketball. Talk about sliding backwards. We’ve discussed basketball in the SoCon about a hundred times now. Not a good move and MOST people do not want it.

SoCon is usually down around 20 or 21 in conference ratings (out of 23). A10 is usually around 9 or 10.

socon? gag me

i personally think we should stick with the a10 for basketball until we can move up - i dont feel like cusa would be much different with the exception of memphis as far as basketball is concerned

I agree about the Socon for bball. But I’m not sure they would take us solely for football. I’m not sure what we would do.

Here’s a reality check about the SoCo:

If we were in it this season, we still wouldn’t be playing in the NCAA Tournament. We’re not good enough to win the conference tournament this year and the conference sucks too much to allow for an at-large bid. I’d rather be pathetic in the A-10 than be great in the SoCo. I’d hate to know that every year when the season starts, the goal is to win our conference tournament at the end of the year because an at-large is 90% out of the question. No thanks on that situation. Though the A-10 really doesn’t have much room to talk this year, it at least has a history of sending multiple teams to the Big Dance.

I agree about the Socon for bball. But I'm not sure they would take us solely for football. I'm not sure what we would do.

independent, independent, independent.

Why do we have to start out in a conference that might ruin everything else? The A10 will put no eviction pressure on our other programs and we can play who we want. 6 or 7 away games against bigger name schools that’ll provide a pay day and the remainder of the schedule against smaller regional schools that locals have heard of.

I agree about the Socon for bball. But I'm not sure they would take us solely for football. I'm not sure what we would do.

HELL NO! We need to stop the freefall WAY before we get to that point! Halton would be empty if that happened…We could go to the CAA football only, if they’ll take us.