Since 2005

[quote=“N1NER, post:17, topic:29382”]Didn’t Dubois take over the same day as our NC State loss? Maybe it is him.[/quote] Let’s go with that.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:20, topic:29382”][quote=“NLP49, post:19, topic:29382”]Over 200 schools have made the NCAA tournament since our last appearance.

Our students who bear the brunt of the cost of athletics deserve better.[/quote]

The last students that got anything close to their money’s worth start turning 30 this year.[/quote] :frowning:

[quote=“J Felt, post:22, topic:29382”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:20, topic:29382”][quote=“NLP49, post:19, topic:29382”]Over 200 schools have made the NCAA tournament since our last appearance.

Our students who bear the brunt of the cost of athletics deserve better.[/quote]

The last students that got anything close to their money’s worth start turning 30 this year.[/quote] :([/quote]

clt says in 05, it was a simpler times.

The Cincy stat surprised me too. I went back and checked and they were in the Big Dance in 2011 (32), 2012 (16), 2013 ([font=verdana]2nd round[/font]), and 2014 (2nd round).

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:23, topic:29382”][quote=“J Felt, post:22, topic:29382”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:20, topic:29382”][quote=“NLP49, post:19, topic:29382”]Over 200 schools have made the NCAA tournament since our last appearance.

The last students that got anything close to their money’s worth start turning 30 this year.[/quote] :([/quote]

[/quote]

I turn 30 this year :-[

While looking at Cincy I saw that they went to the NCAAs in 1977, and then not again until Huggins 3rd year. He took a [font=verdana]team that was [/font]15-12 the year before he got there and went to the NIT his first two years, then the NCAAs 14 years in a row. Then they fired him. It took Cincy six years to get back to the Dance. He is a drunk b@st@rd, but he sure can coach.

We became a football school so its ok that our basketball team sucks :slight_smile:

I’d argue that we’re a soccer school, but hey…

Guys… I am a 1990 graduate and have enjoyed many years of success while supporting our athletic program. I’m #139 in priority and I am now tired of what this program has become over the past 5 years. I am not versed in debate, hence I will not pen a message to our Chancellor nor the Athletic Director as I’m sure they’ve heard an earful by now.

I WILL vote with my checkbook though. I have just cut my annual contribution to the Athletic Foundation by 70% until SOMETHING is done about the state of Men’s Basketball at Charlotte. I don’t consider this a sellout…I consider it a STAND and I urge others to STAND WITH ME and send a message to this administration that we demand BETTER THAN THIS. Our Alma Mater and our student athletes demand BETTER THAN THIS. I’m hoping that a number of large donors read this message and, If ENOUGH OF US do this, it WILL BE HEARD.

[quote=“MEGRNiner, post:30, topic:29382”]Guys… I am a 1990 graduate and have enjoyed many years of success while supporting our athletic program. I’m #139 in priority and I am now tired of what this program has become over the past 5 years. I am not versed in debate, hence I will not pen a message to our Chancellor nor the Athletic Director as I’m sure they’ve heard an earful by now.

I WILL vote with my checkbook though. I have just cut my annual contribution to the Athletic Foundation by 70% until SOMETHING is done about the state of Men’s Basketball at Charlotte. I don’t consider this a sellout…I consider it a STAND and I urge others to STAND WITH ME and send a message to this administration that we demand BETTER THAN THIS. Our Alma Mater and our student athletes demand BETTER THAN THIS. I’m hoping that a number of large donors read this message and, If ENOUGH OF US do this, it WILL BE HEARD.[/quote]I’m finally in a position to be able to do a little more, I’ll be staying put at the minimum to keep my football season tickets locked in their current location.

[quote=“moss2k, post:31, topic:29382”][quote=“MEGRNiner, post:30, topic:29382”]Guys… I am a 1990 graduate and have enjoyed many years of success while supporting our athletic program. I’m #139 in priority and I am now tired of what this program has become over the past 5 years. I am not versed in debate, hence I will not pen a message to our Chancellor nor the Athletic Director as I’m sure they’ve heard an earful by now.

I WILL vote with my checkbook though. I have just cut my annual contribution to the Athletic Foundation by 70% until SOMETHING is done about the state of Men’s Basketball at Charlotte. I don’t consider this a sellout…I consider it a STAND and I urge others to STAND WITH ME and send a message to this administration that we demand BETTER THAN THIS. Our Alma Mater and our student athletes demand BETTER THAN THIS. I’m hoping that a number of large donors read this message and, If ENOUGH OF US do this, it WILL BE HEARD.[/quote]I’m finally in a position to be able to do a little more, I’ll be staying put at the minimum to keep my football season tickets locked in their current location.[/quote]

C’mon. Do you “really” believe your FB season tix will slide based on the giving up till this point? Hell, if you do the same, I’ll bet your priority gets better.

Last home BB game, the downstairs pregame hospitality was like a ghost town. I doubt seriously that those who chose NOT to attend are moving up in priority.

LET’S MAKE A STAND!!

[quote=“MEGRNiner, post:32, topic:29382”][quote=“moss2k, post:31, topic:29382”][quote=“MEGRNiner, post:30, topic:29382”]Guys… I am a 1990 graduate and have enjoyed many years of success while supporting our athletic program. I’m #139 in priority and I am now tired of what this program has become over the past 5 years. I am not versed in debate, hence I will not pen a message to our Chancellor nor the Athletic Director as I’m sure they’ve heard an earful by now.

I WILL vote with my checkbook though. I have just cut my annual contribution to the Athletic Foundation by 70% until SOMETHING is done about the state of Men’s Basketball at Charlotte. I don’t consider this a sellout…I consider it a STAND and I urge others to STAND WITH ME and send a message to this administration that we demand BETTER THAN THIS. Our Alma Mater and our student athletes demand BETTER THAN THIS. I’m hoping that a number of large donors read this message and, If ENOUGH OF US do this, it WILL BE HEARD.[/quote]I’m finally in a position to be able to do a little more, I’ll be staying put at the minimum to keep my football season tickets locked in their current location.[/quote]

C’mon. Do you “really” believe your FB season tix will slide based on the giving up till this point? Hell, if you do the same, I’ll bet your priority gets better.

Last home BB game, the downstairs pregame hospitality was like a ghost town. I doubt seriously that those who chose NOT to attend are moving up in priority.

LET’S MAKE A STAND!![/quote]

If major comes back I too will cut back my donor level but there is a floor. Maintaining my exact football seat location and my tailgate lot are very important to me.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:33, topic:29382”][quote=“MEGRNiner, post:32, topic:29382”][quote=“moss2k, post:31, topic:29382”][quote=“MEGRNiner, post:30, topic:29382”]Guys… I am a 1990 graduate and have enjoyed many years of success while supporting our athletic program. I’m #139 in priority and I am now tired of what this program has become over the past 5 years. I am not versed in debate, hence I will not pen a message to our Chancellor nor the Athletic Director as I’m sure they’ve heard an earful by now.

If major comes back I too will cut back my donor level but there is a floor. Maintaining my exact football seat location and my tailgate lot are very important to me.[/quote]

I was planning on trying to move up to Green Jacket status next year but not until this basketball mess is turned around.

[quote=“trickynbc, post:34, topic:29382”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:33, topic:29382”][quote=“MEGRNiner, post:32, topic:29382”][quote=“moss2k, post:31, topic:29382”][quote=“MEGRNiner, post:30, topic:29382”]Guys… I am a 1990 graduate and have enjoyed many years of success while supporting our athletic program. I’m #139 in priority and I am now tired of what this program has become over the past 5 years. I am not versed in debate, hence I will not pen a message to our Chancellor nor the Athletic Director as I’m sure they’ve heard an earful by now.

If major comes back I too will cut back my donor level but there is a floor. Maintaining my exact football seat location and my tailgate lot are very important to me.[/quote]

I was planning on trying to move up to Green Jacket status next year but not until this basketball mess is turned around.[/quote]

My point in all of this is, “How does anyone in the A.D. know your serious intentions unless you make the first move?”

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:1, topic:29382”]The last time we made the dance, “Candy Shop” by 50 cent was the #1 song. Hurricane Katrina happened that year.

Since 2005 we started football, Billy Ray Cyrus’ daughter became a pop star, and America elected an African American president.

It’s been a while.[/quote]

Had to throw an obama reference in there…way to keep politics off of a sports board…

[quote=“bckicker3, post:36, topic:29382”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:1, topic:29382”]The last time we made the dance, “Candy Shop” by 50 cent was the #1 song. Hurricane Katrina happened that year.

Since 2005 we started football, Billy Ray Cyrus’ daughter became a pop star, and America elected an African American president.

Had to throw an obama reference in there…way to keep politics off of a sports board…[/quote]

You did more to politicize his statement of fact (re: things that have happened in the world since we made the NCAA Tournament) than he did.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:37, topic:29382”][quote=“bckicker3, post:36, topic:29382”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:1, topic:29382”]The last time we made the dance, “Candy Shop” by 50 cent was the #1 song. Hurricane Katrina happened that year.

Had to throw an obama reference in there…way to keep politics off of a sports board…[/quote]

You did more to politicize his statement of fact (re: things that have happened in the world since we made the NCAA Tournament) than he did.[/quote]

Disagree.

[quote=“bckicker3, post:38, topic:29382”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:37, topic:29382”][quote=“bckicker3, post:36, topic:29382”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:1, topic:29382”]The last time we made the dance, “Candy Shop” by 50 cent was the #1 song. Hurricane Katrina happened that year.

You did more to politicize his statement of fact (re: things that have happened in the world since we made the NCAA Tournament) than he did.[/quote]

Disagree.[/quote]
No, he’s right. That post was buried until you bumped it. Doesn’t really matter anyway since it was political, just stating fact.