So. Miss. post game

We won. :slight_smile: I missed the game for a family education affair. :slight_smile:

Southern Miss is a disaster.

Just said this in shout box but will say again. The building was super dead. No electricity or emotion. Might have been the quietest player intros I have ever heard. No 40-9er chant during their into and not much clapping or excitement during ours. We played a solid game but man usm is terrible. Glad we did exactly what we should do to a bad team, beat the snot out of them.

Yes they look really really bad but watching their coach was pretty entertaining.

Also. The refs must ref down to the level of competition too. That was brutal.

Student sections were pretty empty early on, but the end to end hurts the chant most of the time. Is it just me or do they change the sound levels and music for some games and not others. Thursday the sound system was definitely louder and they played more energetic music. The music also went right up to the point where it shouldn’t like right to the tip or inbounds. Today the music and sound decibel level was back down. This makes a huge difference for me and it seems that way for the rest of the crowd. Good team win, but it was against a really bad team.

Their coach beat the crap out of us when we went to Nebraska in the NIT with Lee and co.

Looks like he has a lot of work to do. As do we.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:6, topic:29428”]Their coach beat the crap out of us when we went to Nebraska in the NIT with Lee and co.

Looks like he has a lot of work to do. As do we.[/quote]

With the impending sanctions I wouldn’t blame him if he cut out. I can’t imagine this is what he signed up for.

[quote=“mightymitchfan, post:7, topic:29428”][quote=“Iron9er, post:6, topic:29428”]Their coach beat the crap out of us when we went to Nebraska in the NIT with Lee and co.

Looks like he has a lot of work to do. As do we.[/quote]

With the impending sanctions I wouldn’t blame him if he cut out. I can’t imagine this is what he signed up for.[/quote]He looked pretty frustrated and miserable.

He looked like a slob that runs a pawn shop.

[quote=“NLP49, post:9, topic:29428”]He looked like a slob that runs a pawn shop.[/quote] A very animated slob early in the game when he got the technical.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:10, topic:29428”][quote=“NLP49, post:9, topic:29428”]He looked like a slob that runs a pawn shop.[/quote] A very animated slob early in the game when he got the technical.[/quote]He was grasping at straws to keep his team motivated early on.

It appeared he was waving his arms up and down after the technical as if to “pump up” our crowd. From where I was sitting, it appeared his shirt tails were hanging out and he had mustard stains on his shirt. Slob indeed. Forget NC A&T…I wonder how much this game dropped our RPI.

We won. That is always good. So. Miss is terrible. At least we won one we should have. Also, more Niner games on TV this year than I can remember. Too bad we haven’t won most of them.

What was the game length? Seems it went by really fast.

Only…

25 combined fouls

14 combined FT attempts

[quote=“cibik02, post:14, topic:29428”]What was the game length? Seems it went by really fast.

Only…

25 combined fouls

14 combined FT attempts[/quote]

2 twenty minute halfs

[quote=“cibik02, post:14, topic:29428”]What was the game length? Seems it went by really fast.

Only…

25 combined fouls

14 combined FT attempts[/quote]I was back in my car by 7:20, so the game was less than 2 hours.

[quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:15, topic:29428”][quote=“cibik02, post:14, topic:29428”]What was the game length? Seems it went by really fast.

Only…

25 combined fouls

14 combined FT attempts[/quote]

2 twenty minute halfs[/quote]

This made me laugh, thanks!

[quote=“cjmorgan1986, post:12, topic:29428”]It appeared he was waving his arms up and down after the technical as if to “pump up” our crowd. From where I was sitting, it appeared his shirt tails were hanging out and he had mustard stains on his shirt. Slob indeed. Forget NC A&T…I wonder how much this game dropped our RPI.[/quote]I was sitting 3rd row in 104 near the USM bench.

He was yelling thanks over and over to the ref then said “I didn’t even cuss”

decent win. well played. I like that everyone got in to the stat line.

We’re a decent basketball team that has had a lot go wrong. Something went right tonight.

on to Texas.