So. Miss. post game

“We’re going to the NCAA tournament. That’s where we’re going. I don’t care anything about winning a lot of games. I care about one thing. I care about playing in the NCAA tournament.”

And with that statement, Doc Sadler began his tenure as the 20th head coach in Southern Miss history.

…from Doc Sadler’s bio on Southern Miss page lol

From what I could tell it seemed like we played a pretty normal game for us. But USM was too limited to make us pay for our usual defensive lapses.

With that said, the team did what they needed to against such a poor opponent, and I’m glad to see them get the win. Thorne continues to play pretty well overall and had some nice scores. Williams had a better game. Wish Benkovic could hit a few more of those 3’s given his extended minutes tonight.

The announcers said Henry got the assists record tonight. Congrats to Henry on another achievement.

“We’re going to the NCAA tournament. That’s where we’re going. I don’t care anything about winning a lot of games. I care about one thing. I care about playing in the NCAA tournament.”

And with that statement, Doc Sadler began his tenure as the 20th head coach in Southern Miss history.

…from Doc Sadler’s bio on Southern Miss page lol[/quote]

Have you ever heard our coach clue us in on what he cares about?

…from Doc Sadler’s bio on Southern Miss page lol[/quote]

Have you ever heard our coach clue us in on what he cares about?[/quote]

4 min battles

Isn’t that what half this board wants in a head coach?

I was just seriously taken aback by how sloppy he looked. This isn’t a pleated pants jokes… He seriously looked like he woke up in a dumpster 15 minutes before the game and was mad because he couldn’t find his booze.

Hilarious to hear these comments considering I was thinking the exact same thing from section 221. From my perspective he looked and moved like a cartoon. Like how you’d expect a frustrated coach of the worst basketball team on an SNES video game to look. Enjoyed that imagery.

Isn’t that what half this board wants in a head coach?[/quote] Hey, now. Bobby was always very well dressed.

Their coach might have looked sloppy, but at least the dude was out there showing the desperation of someone coaching a terrible team. I wish someone on our staff had that kind of intensity or passion. Major and Odom both look like they would be just as happy taking a nap at the park on a Sunday afternoon then coaching a basketball game when they are on the sidelines or doing press conferences. USM might be in the bottom 10 of D-1 programs so this win means absolutely nothing. But it was a win, and at least we got to see some highlights.

Picture Boss Hog…without the cowboy hat. That was Doc Sadler.

Actually I have seen this from Alan Major…when we got blown out at Southern Miss last season and Major got a double tech and ejected.

Actually I have seen this from Alan Major…when we got blown out at Southern Miss last season and Major got a double tech and ejected.[/quote]
Well there you go letting the facts ruin things

For the record, I agree with him. There isn’t a lot of emotion shown from Major or Odom. However, to say that Major never showed this kind of emotion would be false.

If we win, I don’t care what they wear or how they act. Same if we lose.

I was thinking more…Danny Devito. Especially all his mannerisms.

I was thinking more…Danny Devito. Especially all his mannerisms.[/quote]

I can see the Danny Devito (from Sunny in Philadelphia) likeness. Maybe, Archie Bunker too?

and oh…he should shave his head, don’tuthink? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“cjmorgan1986, post:21, topic:29428”]“We’re going to the NCAA tournament. That’s where we’re going. I don’t care anything about winning a lot of games. I care about one thing. I care about playing in the NCAA tournament.”

And with that statement, Doc Sadler began his tenure as the 20th head coach in Southern Miss history.[/quote]Coming from a guy whose only NCAA appearance was with a UTEP team he inherited from Billy Gillispie in 2005! ::slight_smile:

If he cared about winning, then he might still be coaching in the Big Ten in a new state-of-the-art arena instead of the obscurity of Hattiesburg and C-USA.

I’d love for our coach to have had a tournament appearance anywhere. Especially with us. We don’t even have that.

[quote=“NLP49, post:39, topic:29428”]I’d love for our coach to have had a tournament appearance anywhere. Especially with us. We don’t even have that.[/quote]Not sure too many of us would want to hire a new coach who:

1. failed at a P5 school with no NCAA appearences
  2. spent one year out of coaching entirely after being fired
  3. followed by a stint as a low-level assistant the next
  4. is introduced at obscure Southern Miss as one of the great coaches in America 2 years after being fired and 10 years after one trip to the Big Dance at a WAC school with players recruited by his predecessor
  5. and at his introduction, announces he doesn’t care a lot about winning!

Just saying…