so much trash talk......

i went to “the wolf web” like on of our topics said, and found they were a little two sided…

some guys there, maybe 25% were decent and credited our team as at least being their equal, however the rest of them were trashing the NINERS (which doens’t mean anything because those kind of pack fans don’t know anything besides ACC anyway) and therefore they’re opinion is stupid and irrelevent, but…

it’s ridiculuous for so many reasons 1st i’m first and foremost a NINER fan!!! but, i’ll be honest i’m a state fan too, went to a couple of their games this year (been to EVERY one of our home games!!! but originally was going to go to state (cut me some slack guys they were not my “first choice” they had my major, and i “grew up” pack,) that’s not true now FORTY-NINERS all the way, it just pisses me off as a a sports fan, a charlotte fan, and secondly a state fan because they don’t realize how good we are!! all my friends at state are like “why the hell is Charlotte even in the NCAA?” are they serious? do they not realize we earned our bid more than a month ago, and they slipped in after a horrible season, (i don’t give a d*mn what conference they are in) (CUSA is pretty strong!) and they wouldn’t have gotten a bid at all if they hadn’t beaten Wake in the ACC tourney!!

all they talk about is our loss to ECU, whatever, everyone has at least one fluke a season, and do NCSU fans not remember west virginia and virginia both losses at HOME!!! then they bring up the last three games, yes we lost, to louisville AWAY on SENIOR NIGHT, then to USF, AWAY on SENIOR NIGHT (plus remember they beat cinci in the tourney!!) then a L to memphis, in MEMPHIS to them when they HAD to win to get in the NCAA and they should have won the game against louisville, our last three losses aren’t that bad, we shoulc always win, but they weren’t horrible losses like they think…

anyway none of this matters, it matters how we play friday and i hope our guys want to beat the wolfpack as much as i do, (even as a fan, i want to rub their faces in it and make them realize again!!! (95-78 in raliegh, hehe) that we are just as good!!! and hopefully BETTER on friday!!! FORTY NINERS lets go get them, BEAT the WOLFPACK!!! teach the ACC and all their little ignorant and blind sheep fans that the CHARLOTTE FORTY-NINERS are here and we’re GOOD!!

[i]Originally posted by unccnick84[/i]@Mar 15 2005, 12:20 AM [b] i went to "the wolf web" like on of our topics said, and found they were a little two sided.....

some guys there, maybe 25% were decent and credited our team as at least being their equal, however the rest of them were trashing the NINERS (which doens’t mean anything because those kind of pack fans don’t know anything besides ACC anyway) and therefore they’re opinion is stupid and irrelevent, but…

it’s ridiculuous for so many reasons 1st i’m first and foremost a NINER fan!!! but, i’ll be honest i’m a state fan too, went to a couple of their games this year (been to EVERY one of our home games!!! but originally was going to go to state (cut me some slack guys they were not my “first choice” they had my major, and i “grew up” pack,) that’s not true now FORTY-NINERS all the way, it just pisses me off as a a sports fan, a charlotte fan, and secondly a state fan because they don’t realize how good we are!! all my friends at state are like “why the hell is Charlotte even in the NCAA?” are they serious? do they not realize we earned our bid more than a month ago, and they slipped in after a horrible season, (i don’t give a d*mn what conference they are in) (CUSA is pretty strong!) and they wouldn’t have gotten a bid at all if they hadn’t beaten Wake in the ACC tourney!!

all they talk about is our loss to ECU, whatever, everyone has at least one fluke a season, and do NCSU fans not remember west virginia and virginia both losses at HOME!!! then they bring up the last three games, yes we lost, to louisville AWAY on SENIOR NIGHT, then to USF, AWAY on SENIOR NIGHT (plus remember they beat cinci in the tourney!!) then a L to memphis, in MEMPHIS to them when they HAD to win to get in the NCAA and they should have won the game against louisville, our last three losses aren’t that bad, we shoulc always win, but they weren’t horrible losses like they think…

anyway none of this matters, it matters how we play friday and i hope our guys want to beat the wolfpack as much as i do, (even as a fan, i want to rub their faces in it and make them realize again!!! (95-78 in raliegh, hehe) that we are just as good!!! and hopefully BETTER on friday!!! FORTY NINERS lets go get them, BEAT the WOLFPACK!!! teach the ACC and all their little ignorant and blind sheep fans that the CHARLOTTE FORTY-NINERS are here and we’re GOOD!! [/b]

Okay, calm down, step away from the edge… It’s going to be alright. Fans are fans, and there’s nothing like an ACC fan. Let them say what they will and let our boys show them how it’s done Friday night. And just avoid reading their boards if it gets you this worked up. I attended State before I transferred to Charlotte to be with my husband, and I can’t even stand to read their boards. Let them have their fun, we’ll have ours all weekend!!!

Go Niners, Beat the every living shnit out of the Pack! :smiley:

I notice that the Wolfpack beat the Pirates 100 to 66. We are not in for a cake walk. I feel we can beat the wolfpack if we play our game. It would be sad to drop the ball on this one. If we play great defense the rest will fall into place.

[b]If we play great defense the rest will fall into place.[/b]

Don’t get your hopes up. A better strategy would be to hope that Plavich shoots 10-17 from 3-pt range and Curt has a double double.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Mar 15 2005, 08:05 AM [b] A better strategy would be to hope that Plavich shoots 10-17 from 3-pt range and Curt has a double double. [/b]
And win the rebound battle, shoot at least 70% from the free throw line, have no more than 12 turnovers and get great guard play from Mitch. Add those to what you said about Plav and Curt and we should be facing UCONN on Sunday. :)
[i]Originally posted by unccnick84[/i]@Mar 15 2005, 12:20 AM [b] i went to "the wolf web" like on of our topics said, and found they were a little two sided.....

[/b]

folks, I wouldn’t recommend the Wolf Web. That is a “student” based website and does no where near have the same type fans as the majority of NCSU fans. Yes there are bad apples, but every crowd has them. http://www.northcarolinastate.theinsiders.com is a MUCH better board, and it is more complete sports talk, and not constant trashing. Everyone I have talked to about Friday’s game is very interested and feel it should be a great game, Not many Pack fans are looking past Friday, we know it’ll be a fight. Looking forward to a great game! Go Pack!

Add to that stop Evtimov from beyond the arc, hope that Hodge has fewer than ten assists, and keep the pace of the game up. If Evtimov or Cameron Bennerman are lighting it up, Charlotte is in trouble. They will have to extend their defense and then the NCSU “Princeton-style” will leave lots of open back-door cuts and easy baskets.

It would help Charlotte is Collins and Bethel are ineffective; both will probably play at less than 100%. If Bethel is close to healthy, he will be a thorn in Plavich’s side. NCSU loss to Duke Saturday was largely due to Reddick scoring 35, Reddick scored so much because Tony Bethel did not see the court. Bethel is one of those underrated players because he is a true PG and plays withering defense, but off of the drive he is money.

Further, Jordan Collins is closer to healthy than Bethel, and he is the closest to a true center on the NCSU team. However, beware Jordan Collins – he has been taking it outside of late, and he is pretty good from the top of the arc. Most of his 3-point attempts that miss are from the side of the key. Collins also is a good shot blocker, and in the last regular season game pretty much stopped Wake’s Eric Williams in Raleigh. He fouled out of that game and separated a shoulder – and played only two minutes in the ACC Tournament.

This game will come down to defense. NCSU beat Wake Forest soundly without two starters Friday night, albeit without Chris Paul on the floor.

Stay away from the Wolf Web. That is the worst college site on the internet.

The WW is a horrible site that is embarasing to true Pack fans. Take 0 stock in it.

The key to this game, the UConn game, the UNC, whoever we play is rebounding and turnovers. If you force TOs and/or outrebound us we will struggle. If we hit the boards and take care of the ball, we will win. Their players can have career nights, but if we’re attacking and taking care of the ball, we will score and we will force TOs. We haven’t played a team this year that we haven’t forced to turnover the ball.

Curt has been solid all year, you can count on him for his points and rebounds. Eddie is going to do everything except maybe score. BP is a wildcard, if he’s hot let him keep shooting, if not we should look to Leemire or EJ.

I’d like to see EJ start this game and Nance start against UConn.

[i]Originally posted by R49er[/i]@Mar 15 2005, 07:34 AM [b] I notice that the Wolfpack beat the Pirates 100 to 66. We are not in for a cake walk. I feel we can beat the wolfpack if we play our game. It would be sad to drop the ball on this one. If we play great defense the rest will fall into place. [/b]
A young, inexperienced ECU team lost 66-100 to State. It was their third game in three days, and they just got done upsetting Oregon State and Pepperdine. ECU was exhausted. I'm not saying we are in for a cake walk either, but these ECU games mean so little in judging both teams.

Go Niners!

Stay away from the WW! Most of those cats either:
A. are in High School
B. flunked out of State
C. are in the process of flunking out of State
D. never went to college of any kind
E. never went to High School.

They are the kids who posted Pauls IM address and proceeded to verbally assault the kid. They are truly an embarassment. I’m sure that every school has its share of punks. If you want to check out a good Wolfpack forum, www.packpride.com is the best.

[b]Add to that stop Evtimov from beyond the arc, hope that Hodge has fewer than ten assists, and keep the pace of the game up. If Evtimov or Cameron Bennerman are lighting it up, Charlotte is in trouble. They will have to extend their defense and then the NCSU "Princeton-style" will leave lots of open back-door cuts and easy baskets.

It would help Charlotte is Collins and Bethel are ineffective; both will probably play at less than 100%. If Bethel is close to healthy, he will be a thorn in Plavich’s side. NCSU loss to Duke Saturday was largely due to Reddick scoring 35, Reddick scored so much because Tony Bethel did not see the court. Bethel is one of those underrated players because he is a true PG and plays withering defense, but off of the drive he is money.

Further, Jordan Collins is closer to healthy than Bethel, and he is the closest to a true center on the NCSU team. However, beware Jordan Collins – he has been taking it outside of late, and he is pretty good from the top of the arc. Most of his 3-point attempts that miss are from the side of the key. Collins also is a good shot blocker, and in the last regular season game pretty much stopped Wake’s Eric Williams in Raleigh. He fouled out of that game and separated a shoulder – and played only two minutes in the ACC Tournament.

This game will come down to defense. NCSU beat Wake Forest soundly without two starters Friday night, albeit without Chris Paul on the floor. [/b]

Damn, guys, sounds like to me, the ‘Pack’ have no weaknesses.

Let’s go ahead and forfeit the game–why are we going to Worcester again?

DEFENSE…DEFENSE…DEFENSE!!!

[i]Originally posted by Pack_Attack_03[/i]@Mar 15 2005, 10:23 AM [b] The WW is a horrible site that is embarasing to true Pack fans. Take 0 stock in it. [/b]
jeez get over yourself

The Wolf Web is a student body message board, made and run by students.

Of course there are going to be hardcore fans that think their school is gonna roll over everyone. However, if you would bother to pay any attention, you will find a LOT of us over there can give very unbiased comments on nc state sports.

PackPride is a JOKE of a message board. It is full of nothing but old ass alumni who have nothing better to do that bitch and whine about the coaching ‘problem’ at NCSU. These are people who were AT state when they were good for those 5 years in the early 80s and because of that think they are owed a national championship every year. Its pathetic. REAL pack fans are embarrased about all those grumpy old fools over there making it seem like all pack fans want a new coach.

pathetic.

It’s cool that we can have a smack down of Pack fans on our site. What a unified group they are.

yeah I thought you guys might enjoy that :smiley:

Guys…calm down…it will be ok. How about you go and rip each other on your own board.

Let them stay, it’s free entertainment. :popcorn: :toast:

Our fan base is similar… We both have to fight for the love and we both have major chips on our shoulder. They are our brothers in the fight gainst the basketball world.