So, where's the FIRE LOREN HIBBS thread?

Thought there would be one by now. Just wanted to look in on it, since we have such a well-informed, intelligent, rational, fair, alma mater-loving fan base, I just KNEW there would be a well-reasoned campaign for his head/job by now. I’ll wait.

This is a “Down year” but we all need to remember that last year we were close to another NCAA. It will take awhile since last year’s squad was the last of the 2011 Roster. We are in a tougher conference so we have to play much better than we have in the past years. You guys might think I’m crazy just saying all of this but Loren is a good coach.

Didn’t we just go to the NCAA post season in a horrible baseball league a few years ago?

If Major could get the basketball team to a NCAA post season in a horrible basketball league it wouldn’t be a problem…

I wish we had fans that cared enough about baseball to have an opinion on the subject, but we don’t. Nice try though.

After Hibbs failed to get the Wichita State job, he must have lost interest in being here.

At least Hibbs understands that winning helps bring fans into the stadium and that Yes, that is his responsibility.

You know, I did see him wearing a black and gold tie one day earlier this year…

Anyone willing to share popcorn? This looks like a useless discussion

Hibbs first 3 years-
Won metro tourny
Won metro regular season title
Won metro refular season title

Fwiw - inherited losing team. Killer conference.

Alan Major would be King if had done so

Is this really happening?

The basketball ball boys are useless. Are they there to look “cute” or to dry the damn wet floor.

Are there bat/ball boys in college baseball? Are they useless too? Can they successfully and efficiently retrieve the bat?

Fire all the useless volunteers and hire semi-useful minimum wage paid workers.

[quote=“cibik02, post:12, topic:28724”]The basketball ball boys are useless. Are they there to look “cute” or to dry the damn wet floor.

Are there bat/ball boys in college baseball? Are they useless too? Can they successfully and efficiently retrieve the bat?

Fire all the useless volunteers and hire semi-useful minimum wage paid workers.[/quote] LOL. I haven’t noticed any actual boys acting as batboys. I think the players retrieve the bats. I have noticed that our ball boys seem clueless most of the time.

49er1 needs to spend a few months in the Gulag for starting this thread.

This year makes you realize how bad A10 baseball is. The fact that we weren’t representing A10 in the tournament every single year make me feel even worse.

3 times in 8 years.

Not really accurate. This years team would be struggling in the A10 as well (starting more freshmen than ever before) , and remember our struggles have been just about as bad in the non-con schedule which has not been noticeably stronger or weaker than in past years when we had great success/records.

3 times in 8 years.[/quote]

Won the regular season title 5 of 8 years in a 1 bid league. Finished 2nd and lost in the Championship game in a 6th season.

Could we have done more? Yes.
Was it dissapointing being a 1 seed and getting knocked out of the tourney twice? Yes.
Was our time in the A-10 a success? I would say so.
If there was an NIT for baseball, we probably would have been in “post season” 6 of 8 seasons and our AD would have been ecstatic.

Time to move on and figure out how to get it done in C-USA. Hibbs will get a few years to get us there. If we are not showing positive progress, I expect to see some rumblings.

His track record here has been spotty at best.

Failed to qualify for the conference tournament 4 times, including once in the A-10. 5 NCAA appearances in 22 years. Not a fantastic resume and this season is dreadful.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:19, topic:28724”]His track record here has been spotty at best.

Failed to qualify for the conference tournament 4 times, including once in the A-10. 5 NCAA appearances in 22 years. Not a fantastic resume and this season is dreadful.[/quote]

His track record is better than most in our Athletic Department.

7 Regular season Titles
4 Conference Tournament Titles
5 NCAA Appearances
3 Times Conference Coach of the Year

This season was an expected down year, with the conference change and losing the majority of the staring line-up to the draft and graduation. Hibbs will get time to get us where we need to be. If we are not moving in the right direction, I hope we take the necessary actions and make the investment to be a successful baseball program.