So who do we want to play on Thursday?

I think UMASS presents more of a challenge than Xavier right now but Xavier is sleeping in their own beds. I’m pulling for the Muskateers today.

Id rather play UMass, we DID go on a 25-0 run on them.

Give me Xavier. They’re injured and playing really bad ball. And despite the home crowd, it’s not their home court. I don’t see Xavier rising to the occasion at this point and UMASS can give us some problems. I also don’t like the idea of beating the same team twice in a short time span. Personally, I think we should be able to handle either one but I just like the matchups better with Xavier right now. We play very well on the road so a big Xavier crowd shouldn’t bother us.

Temple was up by almost double digits last I saw. They could be a dangerous team in this tournament if they click right.

Xavier. We were playing poorly the first time and revenge is always a great motivator. We couldn’t get anything inside vs UMASS and shot lights-out to win.

Xavier, but it is close. They didn’t need Thorton to beat us in January, most of his points came in the 2nd half with the game out of hand. We have no one to guard Burrell if he is hitting his shots, and Doleman would certainly get at least 29 open 3’s.

UMass will have the motivation of that 25-0 run we had at their place, if they even scored once in that time, they would have won. Plus, if it is UMass, the crowd will be neutral, probably more UMass fans, but it won’t be a true road game, which is what we need to.

Xavier preferably…even though we’ve been ousted the last couple tournys playing the home team. I don’t think Xavier compares to those squads though.

Pick your poison. I pick Xavier because they are a shell of what they were when they beat us down on our own court. UMass’ size (i.e. height) gave, and will give us fits if we play them again. If Xavier gets some momentum though, watch out.

It doesn’t matter at this point. The team should be motivated enough and confident enough to handle anyone in the conference, regardless of the crowd. Bring on the winner, we’re only going to crush their hope.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;159864]It doesn’t matter at this point. The team should be motivated enough and confident enough to handle anyone in the conference, regardless of the crowd. Bring on the winner, we’re only going to crush their hope.[/QUOTE]

This team “should” have been motivated lots of times this season. That said, I would prefer the weaker of the two teams…Xavier. But you are right, gotta play who you gotta play.

I want the winner of UMass vs. Eggsavier.

I’m hoping UMass & Xavier play about 7 or 8 OTs and none of their starters foul out. Then, it shouldn’t make much difference which one we play.

I'm hoping UMass & Xavier play about 7 or 8 OTs and none of their starters foul out. Then, it shouldn't make much difference which one we play.

Maybe even have a few vicious elbows thrown that are not seen by the refs, because they are good at missing things. This way they will be good and beat up so we can run over whoever we play.

I wanna play X so we can crush them on their homecourt.

So many agendas, but one common goal: To win.

Well, you guys wanted Xavier, and you got them.