SoCal "vacates" fictional national championship

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/06/06/2356762/usc-stripped-of-2004-bcs-national.html

How does an institution “vacate” a fake national championship? :))

So does this mean undeafeated Auburn & Utah can now share the title from '04?

And I hope in a week their football coach has had his abilities to coach a bowl game for the next 5 years taken away. Jerk.

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:3, topic:25464”]And I hope in a week their football coach has had his abilities to coach a bowl game for the next 5 years taken away. Jerk.[/quote] Isn’t he coaching in the NFL?

eh, Auburn maybe, but Oklahoma’s now technically undefeated as well. So, maybe Oklahoma and Auburn should share it. Utah is not in a big six conference, so they should not be able to share a title.

eh, Auburn maybe, but Oklahoma’s now technically undefeated as well. So, maybe Oklahoma and Auburn should share it. Utah is not in a big six conference, so they should not be able to share a title.[/quote]

Looks like the Champion will just stay vacant according to the BCS. Is the other poll doing anything or keeping status quo?

I believe the AP said there poll would stay as it is.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:4, topic:25464”][quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:3, topic:25464”]And I hope in a week their football coach has had his abilities to coach a bowl game for the next 5 years taken away. Jerk.[/quote] Isn’t he coaching in the NFL?[/quote]Pretty sure the Seattle Seahawks are only eligible for the Super Bowl.

I’m talking about their current coach, Lane Kiffin. The NCAA will rule on Tennessee this Saturday. That includes Lane since all of our football problems stem from his tenure. Thus, it could be a very long week for USC.

The O reports Gene Chizik’s new contract pays him even if there are possible major rules violations.

Haha, Auburn is already planning on getting stripped of their nat’l title for paying their QB. :)) :stuck_out_tongue: