Soccer/Futbol thread ⚽

1 Like
1 Like

France came alive when Argentina let up the pressure. Amazing how momentum can change in just two minutes. Argentina had a hard time holding a lead this WC but glad to see the goat get what lots of people said he was missing.

1 Like

Thank god this travesty of a World Cup in Qatar is over. It produced some good games but it’s always going to be remembered for the corruptions and human rights issues.

Now to have it in North America which will break all attendance records.

And now to scheme how I can get a ticket to a decent game.

3 Likes

There should be at least one game in Atlanta right?

As for Goat talk, isn’t Pele still the all time goal scorer leader? Surprised we don’t hear more about him, is it another Jordan/Lebron thing where it depends on what generation you are from… I don’t know much about soccer… or football I should say :slight_smile:

Pretty sure DC and Atlanta have games so take your pick.

maybe I am a jaded American but I can’t think of anything that the USA could do to create this atmosphere. And this isn’t the official “parade” which is tomorrow, national holiday etc…

The cities officially selected to host World Cup matches in the U.S. are: New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium); Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium); Dallas (AT&T Stadium); San Francisco Bay Area (Levi’s Stadium); Miami (Hard Rock Stadium); Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium); Seattle (Lumen Field); Houston (NRG Stadium); Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field); Kansas City, Missouri (Arrowhead Stadium); and Boston (Gillette Stadium).

Yes.

Ah no DC. Thanks!

We couldn’t create that atmosphere in the US, not in my lifetime at least. Soccer is basically a religion in Argentina.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I never have seen Pele play, but the accounts I heard today were that he originated the bicycle kick and would sometimes dribble the ball off a defender’s shins. Scored at a rate of more than 1 per match.

2 Likes

He was the :goat:. Plain and simple.

1 Like

thank you for posting, I am a typical American and really don’t know much about soccer/futball and it’s history. I follow/watch MLS CLT and of course CLT Niners when it matters. I plan on attending both this year live to get the experience. If after that world cup final and if american’s won’t embrace soccer now it will never.

2 Likes