Southern Miss basketball under investigation

A source close to the program told Bleacher Report that the NCAA's investigation centers on how tuition, living expenses and other fees were paid for "Prop 48" recruits who signed with the Golden Eagles but were academically ineligible out of high school or junior college.

Let me guess, USM will be found guilty in under 2 weeks, and the NCAA will drop the hammer like a vengeful God.

Meanwhile, the cheating pieces of crap 2 hours NE of us will skate.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:2, topic:29113”]Let me guess, USM will be found guilty in under 2 weeks, and the NCAA will drop the hammer like a vengeful God.

Meanwhile, the cheating pieces of crap 2 hours NE of us will skate.[/quote]

Pieces of crap? You know damn well they are the best thing to ever happen to the city of Charlotte. Don’t you read the O?

And stop getting off topic.

RT @RaymondEReeves: ESPN basketball analyst Andy Katz said any violations found should follow Tyndall to Tennessee & not stick to USM. http://t.co/ckuPlDJQla

haven’t watched it, but I think more severe penalties should follow Tyndall, however it happened at USM, so there has to be something that impacts them as well.

[quote=“moss2k, post:4, topic:29113”]RT @RaymondEReeves: ESPN basketball analyst Andy Katz said any violations found should follow Tyndall to Tennessee & not stick to USM. http://t.co/ckuPlDJQla

haven’t watched it, but I think more severe penalties should follow Tyndall, however it happened at USM, so there has to be something that impacts them as well.[/quote]Well, it should follow Tyndall. UT shouldn’t be punished for it in any way.

We should know soon how severe the problem is. If we see UT part ways with Tyndall in the coming weeks, we know he (and possibly USM) are fucked.

Let’s wait and see what actually happened before we say only Tyndall and not USM should be punished.

I agree that Tyndall should take the brunt, but USM has compliance staff on hand who obviously werent doing their jobs. AD should take a hit too.

Some of that logic about the coach’s responsibility being to know what is going on can be applied to our ugly sister school in Orange County.

Latest…

SI.com: Southern Miss basketball self-imposes postseason ban

[quote=“Run49er, post:10, topic:29113”]Latest…

SI.com: Southern Miss basketball self-imposes postseason ban[/quote]

clt says we have also self imposed a post season ban, amirite?

[quote=“cltniners, post:11, topic:29113”][quote=“Run49er, post:10, topic:29113”]Latest…

clt says we have also self imposed a post season ban, amirite?[/quote]
There is always the CIT

[quote=“Nugget, post:12, topic:29113”][quote=“cltniners, post:11, topic:29113”][quote=“Run49er, post:10, topic:29113”]Latest…

There is always the CIT[/quote]

Did somebody say #postseason??

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:13, topic:29113”][quote=“Nugget, post:12, topic:29113”][quote=“cltniners, post:11, topic:29113”][quote=“Run49er, post:10, topic:29113”]Latest…

There is always the CIT[/quote]

Did somebody say #postseason??

[/quote]

Success!!!

http://www.sunherald.com/2015/01/21/6030039_patrick-magee-usm-tennessee-wait.html?rh=1

USM can’t catch a break and UT sucks at hiring bball coaches.

USM can’t catch a break and UT sucks at hiring bball coaches.[/quote]Well, Tyndall had a prior run in with with NCAA before getting to Hattiesburg, so I don’t feel too bad for them.

LMAO If this can follow Tyndall to Knoxville, will be tooo funny! And after Donnie just got a collection of orange ties and learned the words to ‘Rocky Top’

Two starters gone…

CBSSports.com: Southern Miss’ players Rasham Suarez and Jeremiah Eason ineligible

Clarionledger.com: Without key starters, Southern Miss struggles continue

CBSSports.com: Southern Miss expected to receive NCAA notice of allegations soon