Spangler foundation hand delivers $10 million to UNC

[URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1335863.html][COLOR=#551a8b][B]Spangler foundation hand delivers $10 million to UNC[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

“My family and I feel there has never been a time when the benefits of the University of North Carolina and all 16 of our campuses were needed more by the people of our state than is so at this time," Spangler said in a statement released today. "A prime strength of these universities is their faculties. Our hope is in these troubled time that the importance of the academic efforts of the University of North Carolina will continue to be recognized by all who are in a position to help make a difference by their voices and otherwise.”

Very nice of him. I hope some of that money makes it’s way to Charlotte.

Very nice of him. I hope some of that money makes it's way to Charlotte.

It will. 9.5 million to UNC-CH and 500,000 to the rest of us to split.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;370617]Very nice of him. I hope some of that money makes it’s way to Charlotte.[/QUOTE]

If you could find a way to drop “H” off after the hyphen. I’m sure it’ll be plenty for a good start with the football program.:smile:

[QUOTE=gotLutz;370596][URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1335863.html][COLOR=#551a8b][B]Spangler foundation hand delivers $10 million to UNC[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/QUOTE]

clt points out that he didn’t read that article initially, because he assumed the money was going to chapel hill…so once again the name confusion strikes

clt points out that he didn't read that article initially, because he assumed the money was going to chapel hill.....so once again the name confusion strikes

Ditto for Sparty.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;370617]Very nice of him. I hope some of that money makes it’s way to Charlotte.[/QUOTE]

Sally Struthers couldn’t feed an African kid for 1 day on our cut.

[QUOTE=s9er;370750]Sally Struthers couldn’t feed an African kid for 1 day on our cut.[/QUOTE]

Evidently she was to busy eating the food herself.

clt points out that he didn't read that article initially, because he assumed the money was going to chapel hill.....so once again the name confusion strikes

Same here. It’s uncommon to see “UNC” in the headlines when referring to the system. I bet 99%+ of readers saw the headline and assumed it was a donation to UNC-CH.

i’m sure it will go for a new coat of paint at UNC-CH, don’t want that Baby blue looking shabby on one of their 1,476 buildings.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;370851]Same here. It’s uncommon to see “UNC” in the headlines when referring to the system. I bet 99%+ of readers saw the headline and assumed it was a donation to UNC-CH.[/QUOTE]The Raleigh paper uses “UNC” to refer to the entire UNC system. I think the Charlotte paper does too except for the sports section. I’ll be very surprised if we get our fair share of this donation.