Spears hopes to point 49ers toward success

[URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/860259.html]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/860259.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]Does Spears offer any predictions for Charlotte fans anxious for a return to basketball success?

“Not right now. I want people to think about it,” he said. “We need to keep the speculation going, keep it behind closed doors until the season starts.

“Then,” he added with a smile, “Look out.”[/QUOTE]

It has been a long time since I have been this excited to see a new player. I hope Spears eats people alive for us this year.

Great article Jim.:49ers:

He’s gonna be like a firecracker ready to explode at the Asheville game.Watching him agonize and cheer on the bench last year you could tell he really suffered along with the players.I think he’s not only going to be an excellent player but also a vocal team leader…Like he said…“look out!”

He's gonna be like a firecracker ready to explode at the Asheville game.Watching him agonize and cheer on the bench last year you could tell he really suffered along with the players.I think he's not only going to be an excellent player but also a vocal team leader...Like he said..."look out!"

Bowden was the same way.

You could tell being on the bench was killin’ them both.

Between Harris and Spears, nobody on this team will go unmotivated.

God have mercy on the souls he demolishes in whoever our exhibition game is against.

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;421928]God have mercy on the souls he demolishes in whoever our exhibition game is against.[/QUOTE]

J.C. Smith

I don’t know who I am anymore. I am feeling very uncomfortable in my own skin…

Oh wait…it’s just a little optimism…

Man that feels good!

Whats a nickname for the Jones, Spears, Braswell Trio?

gonna be fun watching them bump chest and hollarin and gettin crazy after an awesome play is made.

Spears kinda seems like he may get a few technicals this season.

Spears kinda seems like he may get a few technicals this season.

after watching him practice, i’d say you can count on this.

wow, big picture on the front of the sports page, Jim you did us well.

Utter for El Presidente of the 49ers Banana Republic!!

[QUOTE=49erAlumnus;421930]J.C. Smith[/QUOTE]

are we playing them for sure? if so that makes me happy. i think a team like jc smith will get us more well prepared for the regular season than one of those canadian teams and will bring some local rivalry that will make the game more fun.

For some reason I am optimistic about this season and actually very excited. Not saying we will win anything but I am very hopeful we will make a giant step in the right direction.

Hope Spears is as good as everyone says, I think he will be. It should be a good year. Well at least I hope it will be.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;421960]are we playing them for sure? if so that makes me happy. i think a team like jc smith will get us more well prepared for the regular season than one of those canadian teams and will bring some local rivalry that will make the game more fun.[/QUOTE]

This is what I have heard.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;421960]are we playing them for sure? if so that makes me happy. i think a team like jc smith will get us more well prepared for the regular season than one of those canadian teams and will bring some local rivalry that will make the game more fun.[/QUOTE]
As long as they don’t try to end our point guard’s season, I don’t give a sh!t who we play.

Whats a nickname for the Jones, Spears, Braswell Trio?
Downtown Charlotte or I guess it would be Uptown Charlotte...

Charlotte Skyline

The Gold Curtain

Oh man… I wanna call them “S.W.A.T.”
2:42 - 3:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLf7JRUlMBQ&feature=PlayList&p=6D0890EC7249F76A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

The Three Boundsketeers (or Blocksketeers)
(Forget Xavier…)

Alright I’m done. I’m just saying what pops in my head lol

All I know is. I’m more hyped about this article than any article about “ol’ roy”.

Cant’ wait to see Spears in person!!

I think he will bring an certain attitude to this team.

Yes, and we are missing attitude. It is a big key in basketball.

He kind of reminds me of Antwon Coleman.

But better. And tougher. And meaner. And better.

Maybe it’s just the fact that he’s chunky.