Spears staying or going?

Can’t believe no thread on this…so supposedly yesterday his Facebook status says “not sure if I am returning next year”

I hope someone of authority puts their arm around him and settles that situation down.

[quote=“metro, post:1, topic:22867”]Can’t believe no thread on this…so supposedly yesterday his Facebook status says “not sure if I am returning next year”

I hope someone of authority puts their arm around him and settles that situation down.[/quote]

It would be stupid for him to leave. He would have no more eligibility so his career would be done. He’s not an NBA talent. Maybe he thinks he can go overseas and make money.

I hope he doesn’t go, next year could be really good if we get the right coach.

[quote=“metro, post:1, topic:22867”]Can’t believe no thread on this…so supposedly yesterday his Facebook status says “not sure if I am returning next year”

I hope someone of authority puts their arm around him and settles that situation down.[/quote]

Thats why we need a coach ASAP. As soon as Xavier loses, Kelsey needs to be on a plane here, and the decision needs to be made. The new coach needs to get in here and calm all of these guys down.

If he’s stupid enough to go, let him.

i can confirm this.

Shamari Spears is thinkin bout not returning next year…Yesterday at 3:38pm · Comment · Like

if we bring a disciplinarian in here, he’s gone. I personally witnessed him getting ejected from practice last year, and have heard from multiple people that it has happened on more than 2-3 occasions. We need the scoring, but we dont need the ball hogging.

Like someone said above, we need to hire a coach soon and get him in here settling things down.

[quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:22867”]i can confirm this.

Shamari Spears is thinkin bout not returning next year…Yesterday at 3:38pm · Comment · Like

if we bring a disciplinarian in here, he’s gone. I personally witnessed him getting ejected from practice last year, and have heard from multiple people that it has happened on more than 2-3 occasions. We need the scoring, but we dont need the ball hogging.

Like someone said above, we need to hire a coach soon and get him in here settling things down.[/quote]
What the heck did he do to get ejected from practice by Lutz?

[quote=“eason49, post:6, topic:22867”][quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:22867”]i can confirm this.

Like someone said above, we need to hire a coach soon and get him in here settling things down.[/quote]
What the heck did he do to get ejected from practice by Lutz?[/quote]

Passed up an open 3…

[quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:22867”]i can confirm this.

well I can tell ya this…Lutz was not a disciplinarian IMO. I thought Lutz was very passive with the guys over time, and have heard from tons of people how easy his practices are compared to other programs. I gotta feeling Xavier doesn’t run easy practices.

personally, I don’t want Spears here if a “disciplinarian” is gonna make him sulk. If we are gonna reboot, lets reboot.

whoa ball hogging??? are you serious?? if anyone is ball-hogging it is not spears. Have you EVER watched this team play? If anyone is ball hogging it is the guards, what is spear shooting percentage compared to green? or Ian? He should be taking more shots not less, if thats what you are saying.

What the heck did he do to get ejected from practice by Lutz?

As Major Payne once said…

“It looks like you need a little attitudinal adjustment!”

have I ever watched this team play? :o

DUDE

Spears is a black hole. Never passes out of the double, or triple. Shoots about 20 fade aways on the baseline a game. I can count the number of times on one hand I’ve seen spears EVER pass to someone other than Braswell.

That’s not to say I get upset when those fade-ahhhs go in…like I said: we need the scoring. But Spears takes it up strong in a double and doesn’t get the call most of the time, so he resorts to jumpers, with a nice touch. He just needs to pass out of the double to the guards more often…two or three players on him, one of our guys HAS to be open.

Spears was a blackhole on offense. Once he got it, it was a TO or a shot.

If Spear’s chooses to leave, that’s really too bad and frankly a poor decision on his part as well.

I have no idea what his attitude is. But if he has a problem with a little discipline, then he can leave.

Spears is a solid talent but his attitude sucks. He’s a big baby on the court when things aren’t going well and pouts when he’s not playing.

If he’s going to be a child about the coach we bring in and not be a team guy let him go. Just means more time for KJ and more develoment for Braz.

Doesn’t pass?.. are you serious?

There were plenty of fade away passes off the back of the rim…

I don’t agree. I’ve seen several times where an opposing player guarded 2 of our players at once. Have you not seen a SG set up shop in the corner and wait the whole 35 seconds to maybe get passed the ball? only for our other 3 point threat to run a screen to his side.

have I ever watched this team play? :o

DUDE

Spears is a black hole. Never passes out of the double, or triple. Shoots about 20 fade aways on the baseline a game. I can count the number of times on one hand I’ve seen spears EVER pass to someone other than Braswell.[/quote]

To be fair, I wouldn’t have passed it to anyone other than Braswell either considering their shooting abilities outside of Green (who was ice cold the 2nd half of the season)…

I don’t agree. I’ve seen several times where an opposing player guarded 2 of our players at once. Have you not seen a SG set up shot in the corner and wait the whole 35 seconds to maybe get passed the ball? only for our other 3 point threat to run a screen to his side.[/quote]
Spot on. Our lack of movement on offense and lazy sets made it easy to guard two guys at once…

[quote=“upperdeck, post:16, topic:22867”]Doesn’t pass?.. are you serious?

There were plenty of fade away passes off the back of the rim…[/quote]
Also, there were A LOT more air-balls this year than years past I think… I’m just not sure if these were shots or our players were actually disguising their passes VERY well to look like shots. They fooled me a lot!