Special Board of Trustees conference call on August 14th

Just feels a bit like another Twitter outrage, which is happening more and more often. I just don’t get how people say “how mad it makes them” when they know hardly any details.

3 Likes

Are people more upset with what supposedly Richardson did while he own the Panthers or that Charlotte only got $10M for the naming rights to the stadium? If it is the $10M, then people do not remember how excited they were when he stepped up and gave us money to help the program to get started.

2 Likes

Exactly

Bingo

Paying people vs going to court is common in these situations, even if the company/person feels they are innocent because if it goes to court and the court does rule against them the judgement could exceed the cash payout and bring extensive bad press. It’s just a business decision no more no less.

Technically for it to be harassment the action has to be unwelcomed and generally speaking you have six months to complain about the action that made it a hostile environment. So I can see if his actions were actually inintially welcomed, then she and others threatened to go public, why Jerry would pay the NDA even if he didn’t feel like they had a case.

What Jerry is guilty of here more than anything is that once it came out he should have immediately manned up admitted what he did and asked forgiveness. He’s being judged guilty because he hasn’t defended his actions and he hasn’t apologized. That’s totally on him.

He’s also being judged as guilty because the investigation said those things happened.

IYes, but the NFL isn’t the legal system nor are they bound by the same rules as the legal system with application of harassment standards and rules. Just explaining why he might not want to go to court even if he felt like his actions were ok.

Not siding with Jerry here, just reviewing the in and outs of harassment and how it works with the EEOC, DOL and courts.

If the women entertained his advances initially or for a time the court system wouldn’t classify that as harassment, but the NFL certainly could view it differently. If the women didn’t complain or say anything for more than 6 months the court system would likely conclude it wasn’t a hostile environment even though the actions certainly occurred and may have violated NFL-policies.

I’m saying he didn’t pay people off because he was innocent and didn’t want trouble. He paid people off because he was guilty and didn’t want trouble.

There isn’t any debate, IMO, whether or not he did these things. He’s guilty.

I think we all agree he did the things no argument there. There was just discussion above of why he didn’t go to court etc - I was just providing some additional insights on how the court system views some of the actions.

How would you feel if Lambert is fired this year and we we’re to hire Ur ban Myer as head coach

Would we need to beg Jerry Richardson for more donations in order to be able to pay Coach Myer? Hypothetically?

Urban Meyer can fuck himself.

1 Like

Are you statng that coach meyer has some special sexual abilities that we needed to know about? Does this tie into the screw $10Million for life comment? These might confuse CLT

Guilty can have a broad meaning. Most people feel he did something as described in the article. What we don’t know is what the other parties did or didn’t do.

1 Like

We trying to victim blame now? This is why so many women dont report sexual harrassment.

What Jerry did isnt a heinous crime, but it is still inexcusable to make lewd, sexual, or suggestive comments or actions towards your employees.

2 Likes

Put me squarely in the camp of wanting what’s best for the University, and this deal is unequivocally not that.

I’m in the camp of hating where we’re at on this because it was a bad deal…not so much because of what Jerry did or didn’t do. He’s a creepy old man…but our leadership doubled down on being idiots yet again for giving away lifetime rights for a measly $10Million with no morality clause.

We wouldn’t be in this situation if Hill were here earlier and/or if Dubois would mind his business and stick to academics only.

First I am not trying to stir the pot. As I posted App has their own history on stadium names that many here was not aware of until I brought the subject up myself.

I am a bit surprised by this announcement from a political standpoint. From a monetary standpoint I understand as much as I can as an outsider what is happening.

Either was I am not pointing fingers.

Does UNCC have a strong women’s rights movement on campus that might make this is into a situation once students are back on campus and have settled in? There were also some racial part to his actions. Is there an active BSA organiztion on campus that may play a part?

I think you do intend to stir the pot with most of you comments. We have hope now for the future of 49er athletics & l hate to see this be another distraction for the athletic department like the last few years of Judy have been. I’m somewhat surprised with the current climate of over the top political correctness that they did not choose to remove the name from the stadium. Honestly the rest of the world has not given a shit about 49er athletics for years so in my worthless opinion the biggest threat this poses is if we fight amongst ourselves & don’t support the new Judyless direction. Just support our teams & quit paying attention to app fans & looking for every little opportunity to get our panties in a wad about something. In five years the general public won’t remember who’s name is on our stadium or what the dirty old man did unless we make a big deal about it. I do agree that it was a bad naming rights deal but if we can’t get out of it we can’t get out of it. That is my only issue with his name on the stadium & it sounds like we are pretty much stuck with it so our athletic department will have to come up with other creative ways to raise money. Go Niners!!!

1 Like

I call bullshit on your claim not to stir the pot on this. That’s exactly your intention. Your fake taking the high road here and your fake diplomatic air is also bullshit. I know an app fan knows what bullshit looks and smells like, right? This “UNCC “ fan does and your posts are IT.