SPEEDING TICKET

Howdy NNN, I got a speeding ticket yesterday in the Rock Hill area coming back from vacation. Does anyone know of a good lawyer that can do magic!? lol the kind of magic that makes things like this disappear? PM me please if so.

Go Niners!

if it’s a usual speeding ticket, any lawyer should be fine. Now if it’s 20+ over and you have 11 points on your record, then I’d be doing some researching. Yep, I know… I’m not much of a help.

But tell us nosey posters the details… how much over, where at, are u innocent, did you try to flee, etc…

lol, I did not try to flee. I was in the 20+ category. It was 83 in a 60. As always, I honestly didn’t feel like I was going that fast. In fact, we weren’t even in the fast lane. We were being passed by a Camry in the fast lane when we saw the flashing lights, for some reason he chose me instead of the guy passing me. It was somewhere right outside of rock hill heading N back to Charlotte. We were coming back from Charleston. The speed limit changes from 70 to 60 quite often throughout that trip. I normally go about 5 to 10 over…i guess it slipped to 23 lol.

Is this your first ticket or have there been others? I went the prayer for judgement route last time and the DA just lowered the speed to 10mph under the speed limit. Paid court costs and that was it.

this is my 2nd. I used the prayer of judgement on my other one which was a yr and a half ago. It completely erassed my other one. So its clear im going to have to pay to have a lawyer help lower this one. I just need to find a good lawyer.

I got a 77 in a 55 last year (bastard was sitting right next to the sign where it dropped from 70 to 55). 22 over is a manditory court date, my lawyer got the charge dropped for “improper equpiment”, I hade to pay the fine and court costs- it was worth it, 22 over is an insurance killer.

[QUOTE=dvsws;321508]this is my 2nd. I used the prayer of judgement on my other one which was a yr and a half ago. It completely erassed my other one. So its clear im going to have to pay to have a lawyer help lower this one. I just need to find a good lawyer.[/QUOTE]

i thought if you used your prayer of judgement that if you got another speeding ticket in the three years following the incident that both tickets resurface?

If you need more time, you can request a jury trial. Took 18 months to schedule my jury trial for the last speeding ticket I got.

I just heard from someone in my office that if you get a 2nd within 3 yrs that the other one resurfaces as well. Looks like I’m screwed. Did the lawyer of yours get the 22 over completely dropped or just reduced? It’s all one big racket between the courts and the cops!

I 77 from the stateline to Rock Hill is an awesome road for 7 miles or so. Its like the autoban, 8 lanes and perfect smooth new road. I have to contain myself everyday and put the cruise button on.

[QUOTE=dvsws;321526]I just heard from someone in my office that if you get a 2nd within 3 yrs that the other one resurfaces as well. Looks like I’m screwed. Did the lawyer of yours get the 22 over completely dropped or just reduced? It’s all one big racket between the courts and the cops![/QUOTE]

The speeding charge was dropped but I still had to pay the fine and court costs. Apparently you can only use this trick once as well. I was hoping to have it reduced but my lawyer said this was the way to go.

Get a continuance and hope the cop doesn’t show.

Don’t worry, you’ll have your pick of lawyers (via USPS) within a week.

Worst case scenario, we’ll get kait to bring you a cake to the jail every Sunday.

[QUOTE=dvsws;321526]I just heard from someone in my office that if you get a 2nd within 3 yrs that the other one resurfaces as well. Looks like I’m screwed. Did the lawyer of yours get the 22 over completely dropped or just reduced? It’s all one big racket between the courts and the cops![/QUOTE]

If that’s the case then I’d get a lawyer. Dr. Miller, who used to teach Biz Law at Charlotte, is a lawyer. Not sure if he still is at the school but he was a cool guy.

Out of state… won’t touch your insurance…

I was VA on my way home and got pulled for 20 over… I paid it off by phone and my insurance never even flinched at it…

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;321533]Out of state… won’t touch your insurance…

I was VA on my way home and got pulled for 20 over… I paid it off by phone and my insurance never even flinched at it…[/QUOTE]

Even if the states have reciprocation agreements?

If you need more time, you can request a jury trial. Took 18 months to schedule my jury trial for the last speeding ticket I got.
so how did it turn out??? You use the Chewbacka defense?
Even if the states have reciprocation agreements?

Well, you just have to reciprocate them if you know what I mean.

so how did it turn out??? You use the Chewbacka defense?

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef’s attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote “Stinky Britches” ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookie from the planet Kashyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! […] Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I’m a lawyer defending a major record company, and I’m talkin’ about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you’re in that jury room deliberatin’ and conjugatin’ the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Ansg8BFbxc&feature=related

So being that the ticket was out of state means it wont matter as much to my insurance?

I dunno man… Maybe I’m wrong, but I know my insurance didn’t even question it… Nor did my insurance for work. I’m a delivery driver and I use a company van; my boss would’ve had a ****-fit if it hit the buisness insurance even the slightest…