Splinter = NC State Fan...

“congrats on a big win v. Cincy. Heard a rumor today that Lutz may go to NC State…anyone heard this? anyway, i bet Matt Doherty would be considered for the vacancy at Charlotte if so.”

[B][FONT=Courier]

Give me a break…just joining today trying to raz us about our coach going to the 5th best program in the state. Lutz isn’t going to State!! That job is not very desirable considering all of the crap that Sendek is catching after resurrecting a faltering program that hadn’t sniffed the tourney in many years until his arrival.

Les Robinson will coach again before Lutz would head there. Go back to Hillsborough Street. I hate to start board wars, but you are an obvoius toolbag State fanboy.

[i]Originally posted by jbpfeen[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 09:08 PM [b] Give me a break...just joining today trying to raz us about our coach going to the 5th best program in the state....... [/b]
According to their rpi, they are worse than the fifth best program in the state........AGAIN.

B)

sorry to disappoint…but i am not an NC State fan. i heard the Lutz rumor on the radio here in Greensboro today and thought that it was something new, so I decided to see what you guys were saying about it. I then watched Davidson on C-Set and saw that Matt Doherty was doing the game…and thought that he was a potential replacement if Lutz did leave.

I’m sorry if my original post came across as critical of Charlotte…I know you guys have a much better program than State.

Splinter, that makes sense if you heard it in Greensboro. It always takes a little longer for the news there to filter its way through all the unc-chapel hill propaganda in Greensboro.

Be careful of Shredder.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 09:59 PM [b] Be careful of Shredder. [/b]
Donatello will protect him.

Leonardo was always my favorite.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 09:44 PM [b] According to their rpi, they are worse than the fifth best program in the state........AGAIN.

[/b]

According to the RPI, NCSU is the 7th best program in the state this year. :lol:

[i]Originally posted by Splinter[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 09:48 PM [b]

I’m sorry if my original post came across as critical of Charlotte…I know you guys have a much better program than State. [/b]

It would have been original if it hadnt already been beaten to death by numerous posts already. I know you just joined, but just read some of our past threads, then post.

I think NC State offering to Lutz is a real possibility if State continues on its slippery slope. As much as I hate to admit, that would be a great opportunity for any coach. High profile league, storied program just waiting to reemerge, in hotbed of basketball country, huge contract… :frowning:

Lutz might leave for greener pastures (insert MOO sound) but get over the idea of Doherty becoming coach of the 49ers. He was turned down by Judy Rose before and the same would happen again.

My worry… that there is a deeper meaning to Bobby’s comment Saturday, “If we had this every game, no telling how good we’d be at home.”

We need to fill up halton arena these last few home games of the season so lutz will be pumped and not leave.

Let’s organize a grassroots effort to get people to the game.