Sports Marketing Association Survey

Hey Niner Nation,

49er’s Sports Marketing Association is conducting a quick 5 question survey in order to help raise attendance for next year’s games.

Could you please take the survey located at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/MyCollector_Detail.aspx?sm=vwJxVnZJhttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V57S5LM

Thanks!

[quote=“adampeeler311, post:1, topic:22940”]Hey Niner Nation,

49er’s Sports Marketing Association is conducting a quick 5 question survey in order to help raise attendance for next year’s games.

Could you please take the survey located at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/MyCollector_Detail.aspx?sm=vwJxVnZJhttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V57S5LM

Thanks![/quote]

Raise attendance? How about WIN SOME DAMN GAMES AND NOT BLOW THE ONES WE SHOULD WIN! Thanks.

I don’t think there is anything you can do to raise attendance to any of the teams listed. Baseball maybe, but we could be ranked top 10 in the other sports and attendance would still be poor.

Well of course the goal is to not sell out the arena. I dont think even Uconn’s women’s bball team sells out their student section.

But there is always room for improvement. And if there is some correlation between attendance and other factors then I think it’s important to explore it. Or else, why have a sports marketing association?

Thanks for taking the survey guys! We appreciate it!

I know this isn’t he place to ask this question, but I don’t find anyHELP that helps… I used to be able to SEARCH the forum, but now I amnot permitted to do a search… What am I doing wrong, or whathappened? I get “You are not allowed to search for posts in this forum” HELP would be appreciated!

yo adam - I’d love to help out but you have nothing for Grad students! We exist too!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually SMA is open to Graduate and Undergraduate students. But typical Graduate students who are interested in sports marketing join the Sports MBA association.

what kind of survey was that? you assumed only students went to the games. you also seemed to be missing a primary option about why fans went to the game. maybe you should have added the option “to see the niners play -----enter sport here----” as another option. just my opionion.

DOBA.

I didn’t get past the first questions because the options were totally N/A for me. I go to the games because I love my university and I enjoy watching our sports teams play. I don’t go because its trendy, something to do, to get free shit (although that’s a perk) and most certainly not because we are playing ANOTHER team…I go to watch OUR team.

I assume the SMA is a student led, voluntary organization. If that is the case, I applaud you and appreciate you for you efforts. However, the survey is a bit shallow and narrowly focused. It needs to be more probative to really answer what you are wanting to know. PM me sometime and I’ll be happy to discuss this with you. Lets work together to create a better Niner experience!

DOBA.

I didn’t get past the first questions because the options were totally N/A for me. I go to the games because I love my university and I enjoy watching our sports teams play. I don’t go because its trendy, something to do, to get free s*** (although that’s a perk) and most certainly not because we are playing ANOTHER team…I go to watch OUR team.[/quote]

QFT.

Not a student, but if I was given this questionaire during that time… I would have been offended.

:twocents:

DOBA.

I didn’t get past the first questions because the options were totally N/A for me. I go to the games because I love my university and I enjoy watching our sports teams play. I don’t go because its trendy, something to do, to get free s*** (although that’s a perk) and most certainly not because we are playing ANOTHER team…I go to watch OUR team.[/quote]

Agree.

And where’s the love for the Alums like Lake said? Don’t see how it could be bad or hamper the project to collect data from alums too.

Why DO we go to games?

I asked myself that after the UMass game, why do we even bother being fans when that involves paying money?

[quote=“adampeeler311, post:4, topic:22940”]Well of course the goal is to not sell out the arena. I dont think even Uconn’s women’s bball team sells out their student section.

But there is always room for improvement. And if there is some correlation between attendance and other factors then I think it’s important to explore it. Or else, why have a sports marketing association?

Thanks for taking the survey guys! We appreciate it![/quote]
???

[quote=“J Felt, post:13, topic:22940”]Why DO we go to games?

I asked myself that after the UMass game, why do we even bother being fans when that involves paying money?[/quote]

I think it might be similar to drinking alcohol. It’s pretty expensive, makes you feel pretty good for a while, but a lot of times leaves you feeling like crap. Yet, we keep doing it.

[quote=“C49er, post:15, topic:22940”][quote=“J Felt, post:13, topic:22940”]Why DO we go to games?

I asked myself that after the UMass game, why do we even bother being fans when that involves paying money?[/quote]
I think it might be similar to drinking alcohol. It’s pretty expensive, makes you feel pretty good for a while, but a lot of times leaves you feeling like crap. Yet, we keep doing it.[/quote]

The difference is that when I drink my beer, I know what to expect. Beer = alcohol = drunk. You know what you’re getting.

With sports, you spend money on season tickets and have no idea what to expect.

Dayum! It’s an awesome Friday, on a holiday weekend. The guy seems to be trying to get more students involved with athletic events and all we do is bitch.

Lighten up! Hope this helps.

[quote=“Normmm, post:17, topic:22940”]Dayum! It’s an awesome Friday, on a holiday weekend. The guy seems to be trying to get more students involved with athletic events and all we do is b****.

Lighten up! Hope this helps.

[/quote]

1. I’m bitching because this survey looks like it was created by a bunch of ACC loving n00bs who think kids only attend basketball games because we are playing a BCS school, or to get free stuff. Why on earth would we want to attend games because we enjoy watching Charlotte play?

2. thank you for sharing that picture with us.

Looks like maybe they changed the survey. I don’t see any mention of the ACC. If that was originally in there, I agree with you.