Sportsline's Doyel "goes off" on Withers

Sportsline.com: Charlotte might benefit if ‘role’ Withers plays is ‘star’

clt elaborates that withers has gots to go back to the headband.

Thats the problem in a nutshell. “Point-Forward” ain’t working. The guy is our only legitimate post player and either he cannot get on the blocks or the O we run doesn’t require it. If you want balanced scoring, get it to him on the blocks, let him work with it or, once double-teamed, kick it out for an open 3. I cannot fathom why this is so difficult for us.

Lucky57 agrees vociferously with the previous post! Maybe lucky57 adopting the clt 3rd person will bring the niners much luck.Great article…from a neutral observer.

i agree with this article. i understand that withers can cause mismatches at point-forward but he needs to play in the low post.

[i]Originally posted by ninerfan55[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 04:57 PM [b] i agree with this article. i understand that withers can cause mismatches at point-forward but he needs to play in the low post. [/b]
How many times have we seen Curt take his man off the dribble at the top of the key? I don't think it happens a lot. He usually dumps it off to Eddie on the left and then walks into the lane to start his post positioning.

Valid points by Doyel. Have no problems with that article at all.

maybe he will listen to the article

doubtfull still trying to play on the perimeter so he can have a chance at the nba also doubtful the way its going

bring back the old curt rebound, post up 500 times and get it maybe 20 but still thats better than what we got right now

To me, it has looked like Withers has not had his legs this year. He does not seem to have the explosiveness he has had in the past. He always was the quickest one to a rebound, or could power his way to the basket. I think many times this year he has not been very aggressive because he feels it too.

Why is this artilcle under “NHL Hockey”?

Anyway, nice article.

Withers is a point forward with those hands?

It is strange how Curtis can make Larry Bird touch passes on the fast break then can’t catch the ball.

Incredibly fantastic article!!!

Now let’s follow through and turn Curt loose in the paint again!!!

I want us to go to Curtis in the paint more. However he has to catch the ball and then do something with it over then turn it over.

I don’t know what it is…but I just really have a feeling theres something going on with Curtis this year…and we’re gonna find out later. Whether its unhappiness with Lutz,some kinda minor injury…personal issues…I don’t know,but he just doesn’t seem to be enjoying the whole gig.Maybe its just my imagination!