Spring Game 2018 Post Game

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article209556184.html

• Perfect day for Spring football

• Our tailgating is in mid-season form. What a fun time!

• C Pick helmets put me in an even better mood after a good tailgate

• Better than anticipated crowd

• Camp is going to be difficult to keep off the field

• Reynolds looked good, even if neither of the QBs that arrive in the Fall are able to unseat him we should have much better production at QB than last year

• Both the O and D looked crisp

• I may be showing my age but am very happy to see us go under center

• All PATs and FGs were hit

I usually am a sucker for contracting the optimism of Spring, but we looked good yesterday and had a decent turnout. Iā€™ve got a little more hope now than I did before.

3 Likes

I wish I had the means to afford to tailgate in that motorsports lot, what a choice location.

I thought we looked better offensively than last year, but itā€™s always hard to really know from a spring game. For all we know, the defense could be that much worse.

Turnout wasnā€™t bad for a team that finished 1-11 last year and retained the same head coach.

Those Gold Standard T shirts they gave out were awesome too, hope we see them on shelves in the bookstore soon!

You are adorableā€¦ On the shelves in the bookstore! Thatā€™s funny.

1 Like

I just read in his bio that Campā€™s uncle isā€¦Austin Duke.

Easiest place I can get it at least until May when I graduate lol

The C-pick helmets were tremendous.

6 Likes

YESā€¦ SO much cleanerā€¦ The best way I can describe the other one is looking at it from more than 20 feet away it looks like a fully engorged seagull took a shit on the side of the helmet.

Hate I missed it. Everyone in my wifeā€™s family seems to be getting married right now.

Love the C-pick. Only wish it was two-tone only and slightly larger, but definitely a move in the right direction.

I think the 2-tone logo would look cheap, especially on a white helmet. The multi colored logo looks good since we have green, gold, and black on the white unis. I think we have a really good look now and Iā€™d love to see those green helmets with that same logo on it. The clarity of the C-pick makes a huge difference. It is amazing how much cleaner our look is now. Youā€™ve got to think that we will be seeing some gold #goldstandard jerseys this seasonā€¦

I completely agree with what Mr Bojangles said. That C pick logo is NOT too busy as presented and would look good on both the green and black helmets.

We should have been using it for years. I love the look and hope it sticks. Itā€™s very distinctive, and dare I say it, creates a brand for the program.

https://twitter.com/UlrickEdmonds/status/988424830058946561

Football putting it out there.

That is an absolutely horrendous image

2 Likes

I wonder if we could make the C Pick say 20% bigger?

Its the look we need to go withā€¦ I do love the gold chrome face-masks on the white helmetā€¦

I 2nd the gold face mask on the white helmets. Adds some additional dimension instead of just plain white.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/20180423/former-shelby-high-standout-shines-for-charlotte-49ers-in-spring-football-game?template=ampart&__twitter_impression=true

Yeah I thought the exact same thing. Funny how they put a nugget of gold in Charlotte yet they havent gotten a really solid recruit of Charlotte since Washington

Was there a depth chart released for the spring game?

Not really. They did have a Green roster that was supposed to be the starters and a White roster that was supposed to be reserves. Iā€™ll scan it and post here when I get a chance if itā€™s not somewhere online.

I donā€™t see it online anywhere at charlotte49ers.com