St Patty's Parade w/ The Normbulance

So it looks like The Normbulance will be joining the Charlotte St Patrick’s Day Parade. Green Roots is sponsoring the rig. I am going to check with the school and see if they want to participate or hand us anything to throw out. My question is do any of you want to ride/walk with The Normbulance?

FYI St Bonnies sponsor a HUGE float every year. Why our AD hasn’t jumped on this is beyond me.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:27562”]So it looks like The Normbulance will be joining the Charlotte St Patrick’s Day Parade. Green Roots is sponsoring the rig. I am going to check with the school and see if they want to participate or hand us anything to throw out. My question is do any of you want to ride/walk with The Normbulance?

FYI St Bonnies sponsor a HUGE float every year. Why our AD hasn’t jumped on this is beyond me.[/quote]

Sweet! Way to go man! What time does the parade start?

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:2, topic:27562”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:27562”]So it looks like The Normbulance will be joining the Charlotte St Patrick’s Day Parade. Green Roots is sponsoring the rig. I am going to check with the school and see if they want to participate or hand us anything to throw out. My question is do any of you want to ride/walk with The Normbulance?

FYI St Bonnies sponsor a HUGE float every year. Why our AD hasn’t jumped on this is beyond me.[/quote]

Sweet! Way to go man! What time does the parade start?[/quote]

Still waiting on paperwork - it was all submitted today.

You know I’m in!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:27562”]So it looks like The Normbulance will be joining the Charlotte St Patrick’s Day Parade. Green Roots is sponsoring the rig. I am going to check with the school and see if they want to participate or hand us anything to throw out. My question is do any of you want to ride/walk with The Normbulance?

Awesome!! Thanks for marketing our program. Someone needs to do it.

Wonder if it has something to do with us being public and them being private / religious?

There is a big time Irish Catholic presence at Bonaventure. They have a large alumni base in Charlotte. In fact, the Franciscan Friars (the reason the Bonnies are brown) run a few local Catholic Parishes in Charlotte. The Catholic Church closest to the UNC Charlotte was run by the Franciscan Friars until recently. Only natural they show up in numbers for a Saint Patrick’s Day event. I’m sure it’s an infinitely better recruiting tool for them in the Charlotte area than it would be for us.

I’m totally excited to show them up in this parade though. Andrew Nicholson who?

There is a big time Irish Catholic presence at Bonaventure. They have a large alumni base in Charlotte. In fact, the Franciscan Friars (the reason the Bonnies are brown) run a few local Catholic Parishes in Charlotte. The Catholic Church closest to the UNC Charlotte was run by the Franciscan Friars until recently. Only natural they show up in numbers for a Saint Patrick’s Day event. I’m sure it’s an infinitely better recruiting tool for them in the Charlotte area than it would be for us.

I’m totally excited to show them up in this parade though. Andrew Nicholson who?[/quote]

Once i get more info I will let you guys know. I am thinking if we can just have a few folks riding in the Normbulance a long with some more folks just walking with us it would be awesome. I thought about a trailer - but I don’t have a hitch on the ambulance yet.

I also have given Nick and Mike a heads up with the AD to see if they want to participate - maybe throw a few Dusters our way.

That’s awesome! Good work Wup!

Big thumbs up

[quote=“VA49er, post:5, topic:27562”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:27562”]So it looks like The Normbulance will be joining the Charlotte St Patrick’s Day Parade. Green Roots is sponsoring the rig. I am going to check with the school and see if they want to participate or hand us anything to throw out. My question is do any of you want to ride/walk with The Normbulance?

Awesome!! Thanks for marketing our program. Someone needs to do it.[/quote]

This made me LOL… so sad but true.

ALL IN!!

http://www.charlottestpatsday.com/

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:13, topic:27562”]ALL IN!!

http://www.charlottestpatsday.com/[/quote]

Good deal - I think we will have a good group.

Make sure to get that one with the huge cans.

Just got news from the AD looks like Norm and some of the Dusters will be joining us! Oh and they are giving us stuff to throw to the crowd!

clt says to wear green.

That is a solid idea. NWA says clt should make sure everyone knows to wear green on this holiday.

Nice work, Green Roots at it’s best!

Bumping back to front - weather for St Patty’s parade looks like sunny and 67!