STADIUM RENDERINGS!!!!!!

Too bad its not OUR stadium!

This would sell 10,000 FSLā€™s by the end of the month!

:pout:

[QUOTE]11 stories high. All of the raised seating areas, both along the sidelines and in the end zone, will be concrete not metal. It will not have the metal bleachers like several of the recently erected stadiums around the country. There will be metal girders beneath the elevated end zone section, but they will be painted green and HKS designed them to give the stadium a nostalgic feel.

1.Stadium is slightly over 30K expandable to 50K. That puts us where many big boys are, and quoted some other stadiums in the Pac 10, and Big ten that werenā€™t that size like Washington St. and Iowa State.

2.SOW would face the other way since that is where the cameras will be

3.That sloping structure you see on the left while behind the visiting stands is for an amphitheater that can be used for other events.

4.Going for LEEDS Gold certification. Would be the first stadium to have that in college and he thinks in the US. Minnesota is trying for Silver with their new stadium coming up.

5.Yes you are seeing some wind turbines, that goes with the LEEDS certification.

6.Filed will be turf. We will have new turf. The turf from Fouts will not be put in the new stadium as the field, but might be used elsewhere.

7.Changing the outside ā€œwhiteā€ part to a different color to help with wear and tear, but this is pretty much the finished design.

8.The structure under the end zone seats is not aluminum poles like Fouts. Mentioned it was similar to what they have at Fenway by the Green Monster and will be impressive. Also, said they could put ads here since it faces I35.

9.Scoreboard will be completely LED. Meaning we could fill up the whole thing for advertising or replays etc. Makes for easier changes if a sponsor changes as well.

10.For expansion, they will add a second deck to the visitor side. They would need to move the lights back a bit to do this but that was taken into consideration in the design.

11.Tons of ticket booths and entrances. I donā€™t remember the number, but people shouldnā€™t be waiting an hour to get in.

12.Club level suites are really nice with with club level seats that you can walk out onto. If you look at the top section of the Press box side you can see a few rows of overhanging seats. Thatā€™s the club level.

13.There will be two visiting dressing rooms. We want to host high school football games here and when that happens how do you decide which team gets the home dressing room? What if one school has the top rated QB and the other the top rated DL? Well, having them in equal locker rooms works that out.

14.TXDOT will have a walkway over 35 from FOUTS field ready for the 2011 season so you can park there and walk.

15.Looking North (towards the end zone seats), the visiting team entrance to the field is around the 20 yard line on the visiting side of the field. You can kind of see the tunnel there.

16.Looking for a perhaps fan inspired tradition for the team coming onto the field, such as Clemsonā€™s rub the rock.

17.Looking at using Grass-Crete for parking near the stadium. This substance uses crushed shells, and allows grass to grow through it. So, it will be green space but also drivable.

18.Field will be large enough to accommodate soccer if we can get something such as NCAA tournament games.

19.The field is sunken a bit, part of the lower bowl.

20.Itā€™s hard to see it on these pictures, but the area where you walk out through the tunnel, you then walk to the left or right and go up stairs before going to your seat. He mentioned this means no obstructed views.

21.Plans to have students sitting in the same place they do now at Fouts.[/QUOTE]

Made you look! :tongue:

renderings, of their future stadium? Why would you want to release those :unhappy:

that thing is BA

[QUOTE=ninerID;422579]that thing is BA[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about the ā€œflying Vā€ endzone upper deck but the rest is great. If UNT can pull this shiite off out in the fricken prairie we should damn well be ashamed of our FSL ā€œcommitmentsā€ and the Uā€™s ā€œcommitmentā€ to football. The 10th best football program in Texas? Probably ranked 10th in the state system for academic funding too!

Made you look! :tongue:

I hate you :weep:

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;422583]I hate you :weep:[/QUOTE]

Your Welcome! :biggrin:

Whats with the big ass V?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;422593]Whats with the big ass V?[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s a spoiler to give the stadium downforce, and comes in handy for pulling off big upsets. :thumbsup:

NOT cool.

I donā€™t care too much for the big ass V either. A big ass C would be cool tho haha.

A member of NN.N has renderings of a new stadium as well as a refurbished track & field stadium. However, if the firm that did the work isnā€™t selected, there is no need to ever show them.

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/l6f74o]http://tinyurl.com/l6f74o[/URL]

[QUOTE=HP49er;422604]A member of NN.N has renderings of a new stadium as well as a refurbished track & field stadium. However, if the firm that did the work isnā€™t selected, there is no need to ever show them.

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/l6f74o]http://tinyurl.com/l6f74o[/URL][/QUOTE]

We will disagree here HP. I say there is AN URGENT NEED to show them and ALL the other proposals NOW. The U could make great FSL strides with a design decision being in the public eye.

I agree. The fans that are on the ā€œfench,ā€ something like this could push them to pull the trigger and get their FSLā€™s.

What does it hurt to show renderings?

seriously, how far out from renderings are we?

[QUOTE=ninerID;422626]seriously, how far out from renderings are we?[/QUOTE]

Not far from what Ive heard.

Not far from what Ive heard.
is "not far" middle of September or next monday?

[QUOTE=ninerID;422629]is ā€œnot farā€ middle of September or next monday?[/QUOTE]

I would say closer to next Monday

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;422615]We will disagree here HP. I say there is AN URGENT NEED to show them and ALL the other proposals NOW. The U could make great FSL strides with a design decision being in the public eye.[/QUOTE]
I agree that they need to be shown. But since ā€œweā€ have no say in the decision of the firm, the drawings of non-selected firms should not be shown to the public.

I agree that they need to be shown. But since "we" have no say in the decision of the firm, the drawings of non-selected firms should not be shown to the public.
Why not? Perhaps public outcry for a certain design could get them to see the light about it; and at least the mere mention and visualization of a stadium would help cause more talk and make the team seem more real and definite to potential buyers.

What possible negative effect is there of showing them?

Why not? Perhaps public outcry for a certain design could get them to see the light about it; and at least the mere mention and visualization of a stadium would help cause more talk and make the team seem more real and definite to potential buyers.

What possible negative effect is there of showing them?

people then get the ā€œI thought we were getting this, or I was really excited about thisā€.

If the U is selecting, it should be for their eyes only.

people then get the "I thought we were getting this, or I was really excited about this".

If the U is selecting, it should be for their eyes only.

If the renderings always had some kind of note or disclaimer saying it was only a proposed option and not what we actually are doing, I think Iā€™d know that it is not actually a finalized plan, but I guess I have too much faith in the public.