Stadium to start with 15k seats, and.....

Per the University twitter account, UNCClt_News:

49ers football stadium to start with 15K seats, [b]plus hospitality suites[/b]

Also tweeted:

Archts unveil design/ images for football stadium expanded to 40K seats!

Football stadium archts are Jenkins Peer + DLR Group

Will the hospitality suites have fold down chairs?

bench seating…just for 49rFN

I don’t think that is enough seats. Football will be more popular than they are anticipating. I hope there is a plan for additional temporary seating, if needed.

let’s do some math. 15k seats, roughly 1/2 that for students (right?), 5k for FSLs (we hope), not that many available for Joe public. Also the losing team will be given an advancement of tix as well.

Ha ha! I like it!

by kickoff, i’ll be shocked if we aren’t at 7500 FSL’s.

I would love for that to be the case ID.

Not enough seats? Good.

Higher demand means we expand sooner, expanding sooner means we can move up sooner.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/UNCC-reviews-football-stadium-design-plans-103703594.html

I think 18k would have been a great number for us, but it’s a on campus stadium, no bitching from me.

How many mistakes can they have in one short article…

Incorrect: 14,000 seats and 2300 FSLs sold.

Should be: 15,000 seats and ~3300 FSLs sold (as of a couple months ago)

Students have 5000 seats last I heard so closer to 1/3rd than half. Renderings don’t appear to be much different so far than what we’ve already seen but perhaps there’s more that will be put out. Plenty of room for temporary bleachers when they’re needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re needed at the Campbell game.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:13, topic:23959”]Students have 5000 seats last I heard so closer to 1/3rd than half. Renderings don’t appear to be much different so far than what we’ve already seen but perhaps there’s more that will be put out. Plenty of room for temporary bleachers when they’re needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re needed at the Campbell game.
[/quote]
I agree. I hope they do some advance sale of these tickets that is more than just a price of a ticket, maybe $149 donation that would count towards an FSL.

Going to be interesting, increase ticket sales but you don’t want to hurt the FSL sales.

How many mistakes can they have in one short article…

Incorrect: 14,000 seats and 2300 FSLs sold.

Should be: 15,000 seats and ~3300 FSLs sold (as of a couple months ago)[/quote]

Added a comment, maybe they’ll correct it.

I hope we don’t have enough seats to begin with. Just imagine the headlines “Charlotte 49ers football team sells out all 6 home games.”
That would sound good for us and maybe get more people interested in coming.

I hope we don’t have enough seats to begin with. Just imagine the headlines “Charlotte 49ers football team sells out all 6 home games.”
That would sound good for us and maybe get more people interested in coming.[/quote]
This. I want the games to be a tough ticket. We need to create value in the team, and that should lead to increased funding, expansion, etc.

We’ll sellout the entire first season before the first game is played. If we finish with a decent record, second season will be the same.

I agree. Just look at ODU.

Somebody bring their kid or niece/nephew to do a publicity cry for the cameras that they couldn’t get a sold-out ticket.