Stamats update from Alumni magazine

I don’t know if any of this is news or anything, but there is a letter from Dr. Phil in the latest alumni magazine and the main subject was branding.

Says, “By the time you read this, UNC Charlotte will be working in earnest to unveil and launch a fresh ‘brand position’.”

The STAMATS branding study will result in two major initiatives:

- A brand promise or position- what we want UNC Charotte to stand for in the mind of the public

- A new identity system that will provide a unified consistent format for marketing materials of all kinds.  We will have a slogan and a revised UNC Charlotte logo.

Most of this has already been talked about, but I guess all this will be unveiled soon.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17394&highlight=Stamats

as long as we are UNC Charlotte, not a thing will matter. You can spend a billion dollars on branding, but if our website is a name that we don’t even recognize anymore then you can’t even leave the batters box to see if you could knock one out of the park.

Quick someone tell me the slogan is for 3 other universities? You can’t without looking it up. I doubt many can tell you 1.

I don't know if any of this is news or anything, but there is a letter from Dr. Phil in the latest alumni magazine and the main subject was branding.

Says, “By the time you read this, UNC Charlotte will be working in earnest to unveil and launch a fresh ‘brand position’.”

The STAMATS branding study will result in two major initiatives:

• A brand promise or position- what we want UNC Charotte to stand for in the mind of the public

• A new identity system that will provide a unified consistent format for marketing materials of all kinds. We will have a slogan and a revised UNC Charlotte logo.

Most of this has already been talked about, but I guess all this will be unveiled soon.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17394&highlight=Stamats

Yeah, I can’t wait for the fantastic slogan. “WE R CHARLOTTE”

UNCP’s is “Where Learning Gets Personal.” They have a NEW sign next to Grey’s that implies that those who accept the position of their mascot could go on to become…uh…“money managers.” That’s all I’ve got.

as long as we are UNC Charlotte, not a thing will matter. You can spend a billion dollars on branding, but if our website is a name that we don't even recognize anymore then you can't even leave the batters box to see if you could knock one out of the park.

Quick someone tell me the slogan is for 3 other universities? You can’t without looking it up. I doubt many can tell you 1.

1. We Are Marshall
  2. We Are Virginia Tech
  3. We Are The Ohio State University
1. We Are Marshall 2. We Are Virginia Tech 3. We Are The Ohio State University
I am going to guess all 3 of those are wrong, and if any of them are right, we need our money back.

Little research:
Marshall’s is “We are Your Future”
Virginia Tech is “Invent the Future”

Don’t know Ohio State’s yet.

I am going to guess all 3 of those are wrong, and if any of them are right, we need our money back.

Little research:
Marshall’s is “We are Your Future”
Virginia Tech is “Invent the Future”

Don’t know Ohio State’s yet.

You didn’t sense my sarcasm about the We R Charlotte and how every college uses that in commercials.

You didn't sense my sarcasm about the [B]We R Charlotte[/B] and how every college uses that in commercials.
sorry didn't sense it.

I would have loved to have seen David Dunn’s face when they got that, or Phil Dubois when Dunn had to tell him that.

:huh:

West Virginia “We’re open for business”

no wait… maybe that was just the state…

Marquette uses “We Are Marquette” I saw it on their shuttles around their campus a few weeks ago. I have a picture of it, but haave to find it.

Also I saw one of those UNC Pembroke billboards on the NJ Turnpike somewhere between exit 11 and 14. Weird.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;280245]Also I saw one of those UNC Pembroke billboards on the NJ Turnpike somewhere between exit 11 and 14. Weird.[/QUOTE] That’s a good way for them to attract out-of-state students.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;280249]That’s a good way for them to attract out-of-state students.[/QUOTE]

Put this on a billboard, and we’re sure to attract 30,000 students by 2020:

[ATTACH]1403[/ATTACH]

It would actually be worth the price for the stamats study, too. Better than any slogans they came up with, that’s for sure.

:lmao:

[QUOTE=ninerID;280237]I would have loved to have seen David Dunn’s face when they got that, or Phil Dubois when Dunn had to tell him that. [/QUOTE]
:lmao:

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;280242]West Virginia “We’re open for business”

no wait… maybe that was just the state…[/QUOTE]

That slogan was always hilarious to me. You’d see it when you cross the border and then you’d see [B]nothing[/B] for the next several hours. [B]Nothing.[/B]

[QUOTE=Submarley734;280229]3. We Are [B][I][U][SIZE=7]The [/SIZE][/U][/I][/B]Ohio State University[/QUOTE]

You forgot to emphasize the “THE”. :wink:

So when is all this being released?

I heard a rumor that the entire Stamats study had been tossed out, the administration didn’t like what they got (which of course, was the truth).

Back to square one. :unhappy:

Maybe they tossed it because tehy decided a new logo didnt need to be made until they renamed us the University of Charlotte

…yeah right

Just wait until the Chancellor says “No” to football.