Start Nance over Withers

Nance played well tonight; Withers hasn’t played up to his hype all year. I say Nance starts next and Withers has to earn his spot back.

that might be just what is needed to wake Sleepy up… :huh:

Right on. And get the man a new narcolepsy prescription. Whatever he’s taking now isn’t working.

Over withers? No. Over Iti.

Yeah, or Iti.

Matter of fact, just start E Bad, Mitch, Plav, and Nance. We don’t need a 5th guy. That’s how badass the Niners are.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 11:43 PM [b] Over withers? No. Over Iti. [/b]
Yes.

We’re getting good production from the combo of Iti and Nance. 13 pts 9 rebounds combined and Lutz is doing a nice job of utilizing them both. He’s not sticking to any one guy this year. Plavich would be the only exception to this but we’re not deep at the 2. The reserves Drayton, Goldwire, Nance have all stepped up!!!

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 11:43 PM [b] Over withers? No. Over Iti. [/b]
I agree... Iti has had a few good games this year, but Nance hustles more and has a better shot.

Big game out of Nance (16 points, 6 rebounds, 2 turnovers, 1 steal, 5 fouls in 18 minutes). Iti not so much (2 points, 1 rebound, 1 turnover, 1 block, 4 fouls in 13 minutes). I think Nance has earned a start vs. St. Louis… Maybe Iti will be a little more motivated coming off the bench. I don’t think it will happen though.

When we put Withers on the bench last night late in the 2nd half, we went from trailing by a point to building a 7 point lead. We brought Withers back in and we quickly found ourselves down by a point again. Not saying it was solely because of him but I did notice a better flow when he was on the bench. But I agree that you start Nance over Iti and not over Curt. Chris has earned it in my opinion.

7 turnovers never helps

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 11:55 AM [b] 7 turnovers never helps [/b]
7 turnovers is unexceptible. That must be bad coaching <_< , can't they teach him how to hold on to the ball???? I do like that he was perfect from the line, at least they are teaching him something.

I think Nance should start over Curt as well, at least against St. Louis. Give Curt something to play for and get him pumped up. Nance wants to win and you can tell that by how intense he is.

I’m not sure Curt has been intense all year.

Withers was going after rebounds like a madman last night.

And what happens if you bench Curt and his confidence gets shot and you lose him for the season. Bring Nance off the bench for his energy.

I really like Nance too! Just needs to cut down on the fouls…

Is his confidence there to begin with?

I love Curt as a player. I just don’t seem him living up to where he was last year. He carried this team much of the year last year and I’m not seeing that this year. Maybe that’s cause Eddie has been doing that.

I want to see the Curt from last year. Maybe if he had to play back to his position it would motivate him.

I don’t know if his confidence is there or not but benching him might not make him more confident.

Curt will be fine. I think people expected him to average 20 pts and 12 rebs. Guess what, he has to share rebounds with Iti, Nance, and Basden and we have guys like Baldwin, Goldwire, Basden, Plavich, Nance, Iti, and Drayton who are scoring. We have a balanced team and that is a good thing.

[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 11:59 AM [b] And what happens if you bench Curt and his confidence gets shot and you lose him for the season. Bring Nance off the bench for his energy. [/b]
Agree. I'm not for benching Curtis. He's still averaging 14 points per game and around 8 rebounds. He's a scoring threat and it forces teams to respect him.

Nance can clean up the boards, work hard and do the dirty work but he’s not a go to scoring threat.

Bottom line, if we can somehow get the Withers we had last season we’ll be a major force in the tournament.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Jan 13 2005, 11:07 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Jan 13 2005, 11:07 AM)