Starting five in '07-08

Yeah I’m bored. So who will be the starting five when the Niners take the court en route to a blowout win over the Deac’s downtown at the arena…

Ill go with:

pg - Ca Williams (obvious)
sg - Leemire (obvious)
sf - Phaler (I think he will be sick nasty as a senior. He has a sweet midrange game that no one ever talks about. Dewhurst was a close second)
pf - Booker (will be Demarco-esque)
c - some 6’8 JUCO that we sign at the last second to fill space and grab a few rebounds.

Annnnnd, GO!..

[QUOTE=Chisox17;180773]c - some 6’8 JUCO that we sign at the last second to fill space and grab a few rebounds.[/QUOTE]
Quoted for (anticipated) truth. We’ve got to get better at getting solid big men in here.

I agree with the rest of your lineup - I’m looking forward to seeing Booker.

Agreed. That lineup doesn’t really blow my socks off. The lineup for the year after will be solid though. Booker, Wilderness, Harmon, Dewhurst, Anderson and hopefully Jeff Jones and others

I’ll go for the optimist POV…

Carlos
Lee
Dewhurst/Wilderness
Booker
Hickson

With Jeff Jones, Stitt, Harmon, Andersen and Phaler forming the nastiest 2nd team in the A10.

Unless we want a SF/PF getting playing time at the 5, we’ll need a 6’8" last minute JUCO backup as well and a rabbit’s foot to ward off injuries.

I’m suspecting that Tyrell Lynch will be handed the starting job the moment he sets foot on campus as a freshman - if we get him. It would be his job to lose for the next 4 years. I think he has the potential to be a good player by his Junior year, but it would be a bit bumpy watching him start as a freshman. Sadly, this fan base can be pretty rough on a struggling big man (i.e. Iti, Butter)

JJ Hickson already has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida St., Georgetown, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan St., New Mexico St., Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest. I’m not as optomistic. Hopefully he’ll choose the school that offers the most playing time.

looks like my orginal prediction is still holding true… which isnt necessarily a good thing… :unhappy:

Unless we want a SF/PF getting playing time at the 5, we'll need a 6'8" last minute JUCO backup as well and a rabbit's foot to ward off injuries.

I’m suspecting that Tyrell Lynch will be handed the starting job the moment he sets foot on campus as a freshman - if we get him. It would be his job to lose for the next 4 years. I think he has the potential to be a good player by his Junior year, but it would be a bit bumpy watching him start as a freshman. Sadly, this fan base can be pretty rough on a struggling big man (i.e. Iti, Butter)

JJ Hickson already has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida St., Georgetown, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan St., New Mexico St., Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest. I’m not as optomistic. Hopefully he’ll choose the school that offers the most playing time.

Butter was a big man? If I’m not mistaken, he was a small forward. We gave him a hard time because he would take contested 3’s. But I think most people will agree that Butter was liked overall. Throughout this board’s history, almost every player has his own flame threads, worthy or not. I also think Butter made alot of fans when he stuck to being committed as being the 6th man.

As for Iti, he deserved it. His attention span wasn’t even long enough to flush the ball through the hoop. Would have taken 3 point bricks by Butter than watching Iti clang dunks. He was trying to make a higlight reel instead of concentrating on the game he sucked at fundamentally. And for him to leave after the first year, find out he’s not wanted elsewhere, stay another year, then try to make the NBA just shows he was full of himself, or lazy. Can’t respect a guy who doesn’t respect the team. He should have found an individual sport, because didn’t see much team play out of him.

But I think most people will agree that Butter was liked overall.

How could we not like the shake and bake travel move?:rolleyes:

How could we not like the shake and bake travel move?:rolleyes:

I forgot about that. I do remember if the shake and bake wasn’t called, the ball would sometimes fly out of his hands from the move.

But you can never fault a guy for fighting through the season that shall not be named.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;185869]I forgot about that. I do remember if the shake and bake wasn’t called, the ball would sometimes fly out of his hands from the move.

But you can never fault a guy for fighting through the season that shall not be named.[/QUOTE]

I respect Butter. He was booed at home some (justifiably due to some of his bonehead plays), but he came back after being kicked down and was an impt part of our NCAA team. Took his role and played it well his Sr. season when he nearly packed it up and quit. I can respect that.

i gained a lot of respect for butter too during his senior season. he could have packed up and left town but he hung around and stuck it out and had a very productive season.

Bringin it back…Wow how horrible would this have been!

Yeah I'm bored. So who will be the starting five when the Niners take the court en route to a blowout win over the Deac's downtown at the arena..

Ill go with:

pg - Ca Williams (obvious)
sg - Leemire (obvious)
sf - Phaler (I think he will be sick nasty as a senior. He has a sweet midrange game that no one ever talks about. Dewhurst was a close second)
c - some 6’8 JUCO that we sign at the last second to fill space and grab a few rebounds.

Annnnnd, GO!..

[QUOTE=Chisox17;180773]

[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ.

That may have gone down as one of the worst niner teams in history…

Awesome thread.

this is proof of how much changes in 1 year. Only one of those is actually starting… or playing for that matter.