Steve Smith for MVP?

As of right now he would be the man. Four straight wins with him in the lineup. Pretty impressive. He makes that entire team better and takes so much pressure off the running game and the other WR’s. Im a Cowboys fan but i love watching that guy bust his ass up and down the sidelines spliting the seams and punishing DB’s like no other. Whats the thought on him as MVP through 6 weeks or any others deserving of a vote?

he should’ve got it last year

Peppers is NFL Defensive MVP to this point, would be something if one team had both the Defensive and Offensive MVP’s in same season.

if O-Line holds up the Offense is very good. 3 great receivers.

I would go McNabb or Brees at the moment. It’s hard to think there isn’t a stud on the Bears, true definition of a team.

[QUOTE=ninerID;192623]I would go McNabb or Brees at the moment. It’s hard to think there isn’t a stud on the Bears, true definition of a team.[/QUOTE]

At this time, it’s a toss-up between Drew Brees OR Steve Smith. Can’t stand the Saints, but gotta give’em their due…so far.

Are the Panthers a Super Bowl caliber team?? Sure. But, as of 2:39pm on Ocotber 16, 2006, I’d rather have the Bears team than a couple of League MVP’s.

If you want to get excited about MVP’s, go for it.

But just remember, Barry Sanders won an MVP award, but he never sniffed a Championship.

He’s more than made up for missed time

McNabb would be MVP if the season stopped today. Tomlinson could probably make a case. Smitty would be in the top 5 for sure though. No one will challenge Peppers for defensive MVP.

I liked Baltimore’s coach’s response to how to handle Peppers. He said, don’t tell the officials, but I’m putting an extra man on the field. That is how awesome JP is! He is an animal and deserves every cent he makes out there!

Remember the year whn JP was at our Midnight Madness?..any ideas if we are having a couple of celebrities this year?

there has to be a PR person for bobcats, panthers or nascar teams that somebody can talk to about getting a celebrity. if we could we should give them a charlotte49nerfootball.com shirt to wear.

so much for all that hype around the dolphins this year. they looked good on paper.

I think John Kasay should be seriously considered. This team relies on him for victories. How many wins would we have with just a decent kicker? Kasay is one of the best, has been here since the beginning, and doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.

As of right now my short list for MVP

Drew Brees (The difference in the Saints, not Reggie Bush)
Steve Smith (4-0 with, 0-2 without)
Donovan McNabb (Big numbers without a big name receiver)
Peyton Manning (Numbers aren’t great, but tops in the AFC and undefeated with no RB)
Rex Grossman (Seems funny until he lights up your team)

In no particular order.

My Defensive MVPs

Julius Peppers (Shouldn’t be close)
Champ Bailey (Doesn’t have great numbers, but nobody throws at him)
Lito Sheppard (If he continues playing like he has anyways)
Zach Thomas (Tops in Tackles and Assists)

At this time, it's a toss-up between Drew Brees OR Steve Smith. Can't stand the Saints, but gotta give'em their due.......................so far.

Are the Panthers a Super Bowl caliber team?? Sure. But, as of 2:39pm on Ocotber 16, 2006, I’d rather have the Bears team than a couple of League MVP’s.

If you want to get excited about MVP’s, go for it.

But just remember, Barry Sanders won an MVP award, but he never sniffed a Championship.

you’d rather have the bears team that drafted 3847384 CBs this year because steve smith ran all OVER their TEAM?

What are yall smokin?? I’m a huge Panther fan and love watching Steve Smith, but he’s not a top 5 vote getter for MVP. Top 10, yes…WR’s don’t win MVP’s. Last year was his year to get it, if any, and what happned…Shaun Alexander. You guys are thinking with your heart.

Shaun Alexander also had a ridiculous year, no other player is having a year like that so far.

D. McNabb
D. Brees
S. Smith
P. Manning
R. Grossman
S. Jackson

I’m partial but L. Coles…

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

THROUGH 4 GAMES (NOT 6 BECAUSE HE DIDN’T PLAY 2)
31 receptions
450 Yards
Avg 112.5 Per game
2 TD’s
Avg 7.0 Yards per catch

[QUOTE=ninerball49;192691]you’d rather have the bears team that drafted 3847384 CBs this year because steve smith ran all OVER their TEAM?
't’t
[/QUOTE]

2 things

1. You are exaggerating. It was 3847380 CBs. : )

2. Yep, Steve Smith ran all OVER their TEAM. I don’t like their team, but they have kicked ass so far this season. Of course, I’m watching hockey tonight and not the NFL…so the Bears may really suck tonite.

i take what i said about the bears back, Urlacher is a stud, he was everywhere

i take what i said about the bears back, Urlacher is a stud, he was everywhere

i think we have a new leader in the race for defensive player of the year

Negative… Julius Peppers gets double teamed every time and still leads the league is Sacks. Peppers > Urlacher.

I think smith should get some run…but WR don’t get MVP…if he keeps putting up these numbers though…I dont see how you overlook him again.

Brees is probably the frontrunner…You could give it to Peyton every year so he doesnt count…

Peppers is hands down the Def POY…not even close with a number 2