Straight from Section 104 - Judy Rose Interview

Listening right now, GREAT interview so far!

Just finished, GREAT interview!

interesting stuff

good job

Notice the different stance on when to move to D1-A. Feasibility study, former AD and Athletic dept - move up as fast as you can. Chancellor - play D1-AA with no date set for moving up, build fanbase by playing local schools and joining a conference.

Chancellor’s plan is great for selling 15k seats and building student, alumni and community support.

Big money contributors to make up the other 20 million will want to know we’ll be BCS and when. 40k seat stadium playing an ACC/SEC team on ESPN on Thursday night has to be a reality.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;344652]Notice the different stance on when to move to D1-A. Feasibility study, former AD and Athletic dept - move up as fast as you can. Chancellor - play D1-AA with no date set for moving up, build fanbase by playing local schools and joining a conference.

Chancellor’s plan is great for selling 15k seats and building student, alumni and community support.

Big money contributors to make up the other 20 million will want to know we’ll be BCS and when. 40k seat stadium playing an ACC/SEC team on ESPN on Thursday night has to be a reality.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the different stance as well. All of his email replies to me have always stated that he wasn’t in favor of D1-AA. He said that D1-AA doesn’t make money and that there would be limited fan interest.

Perhaps, he’s just concerned that the Southern Conference wouldn’t want us around if they thought that we wouldn’t be with them long term.

Perhaps, he's just concerned that [B][I]any confernce[/I][/B] wouldn't want us around if they thought that we wouldn't be with them long term.
slightly fixed, but Bingo!

It was also stated/stressed in the interview with Judy that “we followed the USF model”

[QUOTE=ninerID;344662]slightly fixed, but Bingo!

It was also stated/stressed in the interview with Judy that “we followed the USF model”[/QUOTE]

The Chancellor is not following the USF model.

The Chancellor is not following the USF model.
Yeah and he kept the athletics program out of the loop the whole time too. . . . . give Dubois some credit, he is a pretty sneaky guy.

The fastest we could move up to FBS is after 2 seasons, so if we planned to take 3 years you could say “we won’t try to do it as fast as we can”.

Yeah and he kept the athletics program out of the loop the whole time too. . . . . give Dubois some credit, he is a pretty sneaky guy.

The fastest we could move up to FBS is after 2 seasons, so if we planned to take 3 years you could say “we won’t try to do it as fast as we can”.

The fastest you can move up to FBS is actually 4 years and I am not REALLY too concerned over CHP’s comments. I think he wants us to play the “move up” close to the vest as it will help us to get into a 1AA conference at the outset, which I believe is important. What decent football league will take us in for football if they KNOW we will be leaving in 4-5 years? There is a BIG difference in a league thinking we MIGHT leave in a few years vs. KNOWING we will leave in a few years and if we tried to go independent we would have a tough time scheduling quality opponents, especially at home. I think the plan is still to move up within 4-5 years, but we just can’t take that public stance until we can first find a FCS home (conference)…Just my opinion!

The fastest you can move up to FBS is actually [B]4 [/B]years and I am not REALLY too concerned over CHP's comments.
its actually 2, then you can "transition" the second 2 years.

Like south alabama

http://www.usajaguars.com/fls/8300/Football/Timeline.pdf

We can play it “close to the vest” but I doubt we fool anyone by trying to move up as soon as possible. My guess is most conferences will expect us to do so. I agree conferernce affiliation will be a huge hurdle. There is also the option of playing with fellow A10 members in the CAA. I think we can get what we need by making some deals along the way.

its actually 2, then you can "transition" the second 2 years.

Like south alabama

http://www.usajaguars.com/fls/8300/Football/Timeline.pdf

yes, but "officially"its 4 years before you can become FBS. This has been widely documented.

Just got a chance to listen to it. Awesome job guys, great info!! Loved the comment about Spangler at the end!! :biggrin: