Student Section Postgame - URI

Positives: Energy was really good… we were hopping. Getting on “Daddy’s Little Angel” was fun. MVF goes to SteauA. Major points to whoever yelled to Martell “Hey 32, your jersey is bigger than your state!” while the arena was silent.

Negatives: Brace yourselves:
What has happened to us? The energy was pretty good, but looking around… our student section was an embarrassment.

I saw one guy wearing yellow… 3rd row in 104. Another guy was wearing a fairy blue and red polo shirt, also in 104… I think 5th row. Another fatass was wearing a white sweater over a fairy blue dress shirt… then some kid in 105 was wearing a damn plaid shirt and a Tar Hole hat. Thank God he took it off. There really needs to be rules against this. If you’re not wearing Niner gear then sit in the UPPER DECK. Can’t we get the AD to pass this on to event staff and enforce this? It really is embarrassing.

Students showing up ten minutes into the game… at least they showed.

Grade: D-
We had a lot of energy, and that’s the only reason I didn’t give us an F.

I hope we’re better for Dayton.

Im sitting up in the upper level of GA everygame, standing up and being loud(trying to get everyone around me to do the same)…someone volunteer to get me 2 student tickets and Ill be right down there with you guys!!!

On another note, SteauA and I tried to get the back-and-forth rock going during the pre-game Metallica… but we just knocked each other over.

I think the trick is to spread your feet out and keep your knees bent.

If we can get everybody doing it (rather than just standing there waiting for “time to get loud”) I think it would be freaking sweet.

Let’s definitely get this going. Everybody that reads this… link up with the people around you and start it.

Positives: Energy was really good... we were hopping. Getting on "Daddy's Little Angel" was fun. MVF goes to SteauA. Major points to whoever yelled to Martell "Hey 32, your jersey is bigger than your state!" while the arena was silent.

Negatives: Brace yourselves:
What has happened to us? The energy was pretty good, but looking around… our student section was an embarrassment.

I saw one guy wearing yellow… 3rd row in 104. Another guy was wearing a fairy blue and red polo shirt, also in 104… I think 5th row. Another fatass was wearing a white sweater over a fairy blue dress shirt… then some kid in 105 was wearing a damn plaid shirt and a Tar Hole hat. Thank God he took it off. There really needs to be rules against this. If you’re not wearing Niner gear then sit in the UPPER DECK. Can’t we get the AD to pass this on to event staff and enforce this? It really is embarrassing.

I hope we’re better for Dayton.

yellow is pretty darn close to gold and should be acceptable as one of our school colors. They used to toss bright yellow shirts with the charlotte logo on the front (UPS text on the back) during games. :twocents:

On another note, SteauA and I tried to get the back-and-forth rock going during the pre-game Metallica... but we just knocked each other over.

I think the trick is to spread your feet out and keep your knees bent.

If we can get everybody doing it (rather than just standing there waiting for “time to get loud”) I think it would be freaking sweet.

Let’s definitely get this going. Everybody that reads this… link up with the people around you and start it.

What is that metallica song called?

[QUOTE=Anborn;383295]yellow is pretty darn close to gold and should be acceptable as one of our school colors. They used to toss bright yellow shirts with the charlotte logo on the front (UPS text on the back) during games. :twocents:[/QUOTE]

When it’s a bright yellow t-shirt with white and red writing on it, it’s not acceptable.

Personally, I think we should all have MATCHING shirts, rather than the hodge podge of shirts you see there. Student sections with matching shirts look a lot better.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;383297]What is that metallica song called?[/QUOTE]

Wherever I May Roam

Wherever I May Roam

Thank you.

When it's a bright yellow t-shirt with white and red writing on it, it's not acceptable.

Personally, I think we should all have MATCHING shirts, rather than the hodge podge of shirts you see there. Student sections with matching shirts look a lot better.

I think it doesnt matter as bad as we suck right now, the fact that students are still attending games is good enough.

Major points to whoever yelled to Martell "Hey 32, your jersey is bigger than your state!" while the arena was silent.

That was a friend of mine. He’s not on here but I’ll try and get him to register.

Opinion from across the court: Some of you keep trying… but the overall volume continues to fall. I blame most of that on the dwindling number of students at the games.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;383302]

[/QUOTE]

Good idea but will never happen.

Good idea but will never happen.

The AD/NNG/Marketing should advertise every game as a “Green Out.” I know it sounds like common knowledge, but it might do some good.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;383195]

I saw one guy wearing yellow… 3rd row in 104. Another guy was wearing a fairy blue and red polo shirt, also in 104… I think 5th row. Another fatass was wearing a white sweater over a fairy blue dress shirt… then some kid in 105 was wearing a damn plaid shirt and a Tar Hole hat. Thank God he took it off. There really needs to be rules against this. [B]If you’re not wearing Niner gear then sit in the UPPER DECK.[/B] Can’t we get the AD to pass this on to event staff and enforce this? It really is embarrassing.

I hope we’re better for Dayton.[/QUOTE]

If you wear other school’s gear you should never be allowed to sit in the student section, even in upper row. Just be glad people came, we are 7-14 and getting worse, I really don’t blame people for not coming right now. Don’t have high hopes for Dayton, there will prbly be less people there. I just hope we can get up for the Xavier game.

I think it’s progressively gone down hill since MeAngelo’s Sr. season.

If you wear other school's gear you should never be allowed to sit in the student section, even in upper row. Just be glad people came, we are 7-14 and getting worse,[B] I really don't blame people for not coming right now[/B]. Don't have high hopes for Dayton, there will prbly be less people there. I just hope we can get up for the Xavier game.

Well, you should. Anybody can come to see a “winning team”, but true fans come regardless. I have posted before that it is “difficult” to do that this year, but me and most other old timers are still getting there. That is the biggest part of being a true fan (of any team)! IMO

Well, you should. Anybody can come to see a "winning team", but true fans come regardless. I have posted before that it is "difficult" to do that this year, but me and most other old timers are still getting there. That is the biggest part of being a true fan (of any team)! IMO
Sports marketing's #1 fan right here.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;383335]I think it’s progressively gone down hill since MeAngelo’s Sr. season.[/QUOTE]

What? Student section has gotten MUCH better then the D’A/Carlos season…

You didnt even have to wait in line that year to get front row…

But then again, maybe I missed the direction your comment was going.

Do our students still camp out for tickets?

No.

Ours, no. Duke and Carolina, yes.