Student Turnout

This. I was in 225, and had a simliar conversation with Roasty from the forums (who I just met last night, acrtually) about this as it was going on. It blew my mind trying to figure out why 104 wasn’t immediately drowning them out. What happened to taking that stuff personal?

Also, who in the HELL let that kid with a Winthrop shirt into the middle of 104?

I’m not asking for a refund. Hell, the tickets were only $7.

I’m not asking for a refund. Hell, the tickets were only $7.[/quote]I’m sure your $7 ticket will be a “better” ticket. I do worry that the freebies won’t be used by a majority of the students that take them.

This is what I had a problem with. Sitting in the heart of 104 is a guy wearing all winthrop gear. Now I realize that it’s bound to happen sometime but he is sitting next to all of the same students who will call out a guy from across the arena for wearing another schools colors. I remember the home opener when 104 ragged one dude constantly for 45 minutes for wearing a VT ball cap WITH a Charlotte T Shirt. Pissed him off all to hell. Then there was a post about we need to point out the weekly douche wearing other teams colors. Also, I don’t remember who it was but when asked if another teams colors were acceptable in Halton the response was something along the lines of in fretwell sure, in the union sure, but in Halton HELL NO!! Well I feel the same way. No one up front even bothered this guy. Now low student turnout is one thing but to let a traitor into the belly of the beast unharmed and unscathed? smh. rant over.

To be fair, the kid was a Winthrop student, and twin brother of a Charlotte student/Niner Nation Gold member with whom he was sitting. He was given hell by us for a bit, but in all honesty, he’s a Winthrop student…who do you expect him to cheer for? The students of schools that come into our arena and cheer for their team don’t bother me or us. Its the CHARLOTTE students that come into our arena to cheer for another team or wearing another school’s gear that get the heckling.

Basically.

I’ve had to explain to several fellow students in the past that we are not division 2. I knew things were bad, but it really hit me recently when a fourth year senior was trying to argue (with 100% sedateness) that our school was in fact d2.

I once had a cheerleader tell me we were in the ACC. No joke.

The Winthrop student in our section is brothers with a Charlotte student. He bought a guest ticket from his brother. He was pretty cool and a good sport.

We call out folks in Halton Arena for wearing gear of a school that is not on the court that night.

You should treat everyone with the same rules. Anyone that brings an opposing fan into the 4th row of the student section is just as bad as someone wearing a VT cap with Charlotte gear.

All is well guys, NLP, er, someone disposed of the offender shortly after the game.

You should have been giving him hell all game. Trust me, you go to the front of any student section in the nation and wear the opposing team’s gear, you get shit.

you should have spit on him… with your ass.

Hell, philly fans puke on their own.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:31, topic:24485”]You should have been giving him hell all game. Trust me, you go to the front of any student section in the nation and wear the opposing team’s gear, you get s***.[/quote]I agree. I can understand not tormenting someone wearing the other team’s gear, but you cannot allow them into 104.

[quote=“jfickett, post:25, topic:24485”]To be fair, the kid was a Winthrop student, and twin brother of a Charlotte student/Niner Nation Gold member with whom he was sitting. He was given hell by us for a bit, but in all honesty, he’s a Winthrop student…who do you expect him to cheer for? The students of schools that come into our arena and cheer for their team don’t bother me or us. Its the CHARLOTTE students that come into our arena to cheer for another team or wearing another school’s gear that get the heckling.[/quote]Well put.

[quote=“HXC Niner, post:24, topic:24485”]

This is what I had a problem with. Sitting in the heart of 104 is a guy wearing all winthrop gear. Now I realize that it’s bound to happen sometime but he is sitting next to all of the same students who will call out a guy from across the arena for wearing another schools colors. I remember the home opener when 104 ragged one dude constantly for 45 minutes for wearing a VT ball cap WITH a Charlotte T Shirt. Pissed him off all to hell. Then there was a post about we need to point out the weekly douche wearing other teams colors. Also, I don’t remember who it was but when asked if another teams colors were acceptable in Halton the response was something along the lines of in fretwell sure, in the union sure, but in Halton HELL NO!! Well I feel the same way. No one up front even bothered this guy. Now low student turnout is one thing but to let a traitor into the belly of the beast unharmed and unscathed? smh. rant over.[/quote]

The kid in question is a Winthrop student who has attended many games before this one, all wearing green.

The kid in question is the twin brother of a student who attends almost every game.

The kid in question was in line three hours before the game, with his brother who got in line at about noon.

We gave the kid a ton of shit, he knew it was coming, but he took it like a visitor.

As far as us ‘ignoring’ the Winthrop fans chanting… it was because there were, let’s count it: one, two, three of them.

We figured the best response was not to dignify their attempt at “taking over Halton” with a response.

so you want to let “3” Winthrop fans be louder than you??

I don’t think you get the objective.

They.

Weren’t.

Worth it.

Lew. I gotta call you on the whole “there were three of them” thing.

There was a small group up top and the small group behind the bench.

They were damn sure loud enough to reverberate up in 225. A few of us up there shot back at them as best we could.

I don’t care if it’s 100 fans or 2. You gotta let 'em have it when they pull that stuff. Period. I don’t care who thinks they’re “worth it” or not. This is not their house. It is ours.

I don’t think you get the objective.

They.

Weren’t.

Worth it.[/quote]I get it, just don’t agree, like most others on here. If Charlotte fans go into another arena and try to get loud, I’m willing to be the students from that school will try and drown us out, that’s what it’s about.

The kid in the VT hat did not have a charlotte shirt on.