Students and chants, like D-Fence...

Cinci was good, but not as good as its been in the past. You are the 6th man…bring it!

I want to be able to hear you on the radio broadcast! (since there is no f’in TV for this game) Well, at least I can watch that Duke - Va Tech classic.

I would love to hear the student section count the dribbles when the opposing team is shooting free throws. Back in the day, the Delta Sigs did this and it seemed to frequently mess them up because dribbling is part of their routine and hearing each one counted out got into their heads. Either that, or shout out one word of a sentence for each dribble, so if they dribble three times it would be “HEY…YOU…SUCK!” :smiley:

personally i’d like to see a lot more people jumping up and down on defense and screaming that always looks good no matter what…and people who sit behind the goals need to bring the those psychodelic things like they did during the cinci game that was hotness

on espn the other night they showed a clip(i dont remeber what game), but the whole crowd was quiet and sitting down during the foul shot, then as soon as the player was about to release the shot…the whole crowd stood up…it really messed the player up and it was funny as sh*t

[i]Originally posted by pwiluncc[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:48 AM [b] on espn the other night they showed a clip(i dont remeber what game), but the whole crowd was quiet and sitting down during the foul shot, then as soon as the player was about to release the shot...the whole crowd stood up.....it really messed the player up and it was funny as sh*t [/b]
that was the texas tech-kansas game.. that was crazy.. everyone sittin normal and then suddenly, the entire sections jump.. i know that threw the players off.. it even made me jump :P

The only way to do this would be to form a club(Or use Gang Green) and hand out flyers instructing the lower bowl what to do in certain situations. It would take some time to catch on. (Like the program itself)

Then we could have creative and original chants that would help us gain recognition, and help Bobby and co. have a true 6th man.

That’ll cost ya 2 cents. Now get outta my face!

Pork Chop is right. We have to have a concerted effort by the students to coordinate their actions/chants. If they can pull that off, then other students will hear how fun the games are - how they’re more of an event than just a game. I vote for a liberal plagiarism of the “Boink, boink, boink” chant during dribbling, “Pass” for a pass, and the counting the dribbles at the free throw line.

D-Fense Chant - catches on quick
One side do the “40”, the other will follow suit with "9ers"
we’ve never had probs in this area before.

As for new stuff. Talk amongst yourselves. :slight_smile:

I propose that we take one from the Atlanta Braves but instead of doing the Tommahawk chop, we do the “Axe Pick Swing”

No way I’m doing anything that resembles the chop! Go Phillies!