Students, will you live in Charlotte?

As a junior here, I have spent close to 3 years in the city of Charlotte now and I feel that even though I haven’t experienced all that Charlotte has to offer, I have experienced it’s highlights and “gotten the gist of it”.

Here is what I love about the city of Charlotte:

[LIST]
[]All of our sports teams
[
]NoDa
[]Plaza Midwood
[
]Uptown
[*]And most specifically, the atmosphere of the area immediately adjacent to campus.
[/LIST]

Here is what I despise about Charlotte:

[LIST]
[]The sports fans for our teams
[
]The ignorant residents of the city who are oblivious to our local sports
[*]The ignorant residents of the city who are oblivious to the great aspects of our city

[*]And most importantly, the overall character of our city. Charlotte is a destination city. You cannot walk from place to place, or even bike from place to place (aside from uptown and the immediate area around campus). Everyone here lives within the confines of their vehicle. Nobody gives two ****s about anyone or anything that they encounter on the way to or from their job, bank, dinner date, etc.
[/LIST]

I have 3 more years of here at UNC Charlotte, if I chose not to go for my masters in Architecture. I have come to the conclusion that when my time at the school is done, that I will try my hardest to move out of Charlotte. I will attempt to go to the west coast, Chicago, or Boston. I have visited both Chicago and Boston and they have far more character (yea, I know, because they have more age and heritage), than Charlotte by a long shot.

What I want to know, is how many of you students desire to stay in Charlotte after you are done with school? Do you like the city as a whole?

I want to move back to Charlotte. In my year and a half at the school, I fell in love with the city and everything about it. You could ask any of my good friends, every time Charlotte is mentioned, I always say that I want to move back.

My current plan is that after I graduate, I want to move back and try to get on the coaching staff for the lax team.

I’m planning on staying in Charlotte, mostly due to my sports teams. I can’t leave the 49ers and the Panthers behind. I just can’t. Unless I get an awesome job somewhere warm. I could see myself in Charlotte, Atlanta or South Florida.

I’m hoping to land a job in D.C. but will make the trek to Charlotte on several occasions a year for football.

i love charlotte, i plan on staying.

I’m staying. Well, unless I have to move for a job.

It depends on who you are and what you enjoy. Most of what I enjoy is in this city. What has Chicago or Boston got to offer me over Charlotte? Not my seen, personally.

I could see myself in Scotland first and foremost. I’d love to take my campaigning experience over there and try to get us separated from England once and for all. Dublin and ROI is cool. I could totally campaign against the English in N. Ireland too lol. If I stayed in the states, I could totally see myself in Seattle or perhaps a southwestern town. New York city seems cool for sure too. Canada is always an option too.

I may move one day just to do something new, but for now I’m sticking around. I like Charlotte just fine.

I’ve decided to invest my life in this city and its university. We’ve got some good years ahead of us.

And when I say I’m staying in Charlotte, what I really mean is that I want to move back up to Lake Norman.

Left Charlotte in the dust after I graduated. Moved to Concord lol. I wish I had moved into a condo downtown though so I could be surrounded by people in my age bracket- instead of 15-80 years younger than everyone in my neighborhood. I’m stuck here until I graduate from grad school.

im going where the jobs are, if thats charlotte then thats where i will be.

Would i like to stay, havent really thought about it, i guess we shall see when that time is a little closer

Ill be here till I die.

But I am unemployed…so anywhere there is a job right now, but il be back. lol

OK, when all you guys are ready to buy condos/houses in Charlotte you just let me know. I’ll make sure Mr. Sparty finds you a good place with no tarhole neighbors :slight_smile:

I agree about character (the lack thereof). If you’re remotely interested in the arts, Charlotte is an abysmal place to live. However, if you’re interested in real estate, golf, banking, and money, then Charlotte is a great place to live.

[QUOTE=49or bust;399912] Canada is always an option too.[/QUOTE]

Ugh Canada sucks.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;399925]However, if you’re interested in…golf…[/QUOTE]

Arts scene is terrible here. Also, golf in the Charlotte area is EXPENSIVE! Where I’m from in Ohio there are many nice golf courses for half the price of these.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;399925]I agree about character (the lack thereof). [B]If you’re remotely interested in the arts, Charlotte is an abysmal place to live. [/B] However, if you’re interested in real estate, golf, banking, and money, then Charlotte is a great place to live.[/QUOTE]

My dream is to be a large part of changing that. I plan to move somewhere in Europe to gain some international experience and to travel and study for a few years after school before settling back down here, eventually starting my own design studio.

Dreaming big, I know… but I love this city and I want the next generation of artists and designers to feel as if they can practice their profession in their own hometown.

My dream is to be a large part of changing that. I plan to move somewhere in Europe to gain some international experience and to travel and study for a few years after school before settling back down here, eventually [B]starting my own design studio.[/B]

Dreaming big, I know… but I love this city and I want the next generation of artists and designers to feel as if they can practice their profession in their own hometown.

You know how I know you’re gay?

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;399937]You know how I know you’re gay?[/QUOTE]

graphic design is gay?

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;399937]You know how I know you’re gay?[/QUOTE]

You wax your asshole?

[QUOTE=thelew1014;399938]graphic design is gay?[/QUOTE]

graphic design is about the most corporate of all the arts. that is one branch of art that could definitely survive in charlotte.