Summer Movie Thread

Discuss em here. What are you wanting to see or what have you seen and loved/hated?

I’ve seen Spidey 2 - wasn’t bad.

Can’t wait to see The Bourne Supremacy and The Village.

Did anyone see The Day After Tomorrow?

Worst. Movie. Ever.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 10:43 AM [b] Did anyone see [i]The Day After Tomorrow?[/i]

Worst. Movie. Ever. [/b]

I didn’t see it, but a friend of mine from HS is a meteorology major at NCSU, and he was on the warpath about that movie. Bruchheimer strikes again.

A big group of us are going to see The Village Friday night and I can’t wait. I absolutely love Shyamalan’s movies and I hope this one doesn’t disappoint.

Predator Vs Alien anyone?? :smirk: Not expecting too much with that one but I may rent the DVD one night when the wife is out of town (she doesn’t do scary movies).

My wife wants a blumenthal season package as an anniversary gift. :drool: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wacko: :weep:

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 05:35 PM [b] My wife wants a blumenthal season package as an anniversary gift. :drool: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wacko: :weep: [/b]
no problem, just get her one and tell her to enjoy. :D

I didn’t think the Day after tomorrow was all that bad. Could have used more action though.

Spiderman 2 - excellent flick
Van Helsing - No awards are going to this flick but it was fun brain candy
Starsky & Hutch - Not too bad, worth checking out on DVD

Going to finally go see Harry Potter and possibly Dodgeball which I’ve heard will make you cry from laughing.

Looking forward to Bourne Supremecy, Aliens V Predators, Collateral, I, Robot and Napoleon Dynamite.

Have seen:
Spidey 2-Thought is was very good, but didn’t see how it was far better than the first one as many critics have suggested.

Shrek 2- Very good, as good as the first(But again not better as many suggest).

Farhrenheit 9/11 - Excellent movie, entertaining and educational for some, a bunch of lies and propaganda to others.

Man on Fire- Thought it was very good, Denzel was great. Don’t really care for Tony Scotts directorial style.

Dodgeball- Funnier than Starsky and Hutch, but no something about Mary or Meet the parents. If you liked Zoolander you’ll like dodgeball. Vince Vaugh was the best part of the movie.

Looking forward to Bourne Supremacy, The Terminal, The Manchurian Candidate, Suspect Zero, and of course the new Benji movie.

:huh:

Movies I’ve seen:

Dodgeball- Great, especailly if you like that kind of comedy

I, Robot - I was disappointed. Some good action and special effects but not as good as I hoped.

Bourne Supremacy - Very good, lots of action, but I preferred the first one

The Notebook - Girl flick, very, very good though. Bring your wife lots of Kleenex

Shrek 2 - I thought better than the first, I absolutely loved it

Man on Fire - Excellent, best of this group

Bourne Supremacy = Unbelievably Good IMO

Dodgeball - I agree with whoever said Vince Vaughn was the best part of the movie, his humor was awesome in it. You don’t stop laughing anytime they are on “The Ocho”(ESPN 8).

Ron Burgandy - Not as good as Dodgeball, but still one of the funnier movies I’ve seen in a while. All of these comedy’s have the same actors and are all similar(Zoolander, Old School, Starsky & Hutch, Dodgeball, Ron Burgandy), I don’t know if they are made by the same people or what, but other than S&H they have all been really really funny.

Starsky & Hutch - Not that great. Definitely not as funny as the other two above, but not terrible, might be worth checking out as a rental. Too bad cause Owen Wilson can be hilarious…

Spider Man 2 - Very good, liked it better than the first.

Troy - So-so. It does get right to the point(the war starts maybe 20 minutes into the movie), so the 2 and a half hours doesn’t seem too long. But just not that great.

Looking forward to The Village, hopefully I’ll see it this weekend.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 09:07 PM [b]Bourne Supremacy = Unbelievably Good IMO[/b]
I concur.
[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 07:58 PM [b] I, Robot - I was disappointed. Some good action and special effects but not as good as I hoped. [/b]
Seriously?! I saw I, Robot 2 days ago and it by far exceeded my expectations. Granted its completely different than the book, but taken as a movie on its own... its was pretty badass. I mean its no LOTR or anything, but definately ranks up there as far as movies this year go.

I’ld definately give I,Robot at least 2.5-3 of 4 stars.

I’ve heard that the cinematography of Bourne Supremecy got annoying and it was BlairWitch-eske?? Haven’t seen it yet (or the first one for that matter).

Anborn their is one fight scene where the camera work was kinda annoying, but the incredible car chases in this movie more than make up for one bad fight sequence.

It looks like I’m going to have to drag the wife kicking and screaming to see Bourne or else just fly solo. But I’m going. This week. And I might rent Run Lola Run just to see that chick since I already own the first Bourne.

I’ll be brief about it, but Shrek bored me to tears. Is the big fun supposed to be picking out the pop culture references? To me, it’s not enough that they’re in there, they have to actually be funny, which most of them weren’t. I was disappointed & bored.

Does anyone know when Guy Ritchie is making another flick? Just watched Snatch again. Incredible flick. Also, after watching Heat again, I’m ready for the Michael Mann movie. Even if it does have Tom Cruise.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 08:25 AM [b]

I’ll be brief about it, but Shrek bored me to tears. Is the big fun supposed to be picking out the pop culture references? To me, it’s not enough that they’re in there, they have to actually be funny, which most of them weren’t. I was disappointed & bored.

[/b]

Shrek was great. I really enjoyed it, I thought it was better than the first.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 06:18 AM [b] Anborn their is one fight scene where the camera work was kinda annoying, but the incredible car chases in this movie more than make up for one bad fight sequence. [/b]
Try watching that scene from the third row in a stadium seating style theater. Gave me a damn headache. Should have got their earlier.

Manchurian Candidate is definitely on my radar now. I can’t even remember the first one, which is probably a good thing.

i’m anxiously awaiting The Village…

Man on Fire is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen!!