Summit (Horizon) League logo looks familiar

Not sure why, but when I read that the Mid-Con will become The Summit League on June 1st and saw their new logo, I thought of another one. Hmmm…

“The Summit League – to boldly go where no league has gone before!”

reminds me a lil of the mountain in coors light too

Not sure why, but when I read that the Horizon League will become The Summit League on June 1st and saw their new logo, I thought of another one. Hmmm...

“The Summit League – to boldly go where no league has gone before!”

beam me up?

[QUOTE=run49er;238354]Not sure why, but when I read that the Horizon League will become The Summit League on June 1st and saw their new logo, I thought of another one. Hmmm…
[/QUOTE]

I believe the MidCon (once the proud home to Courtney Williams) is going to become The Summit League. The Horizon will stay the Horizon.

[QUOTE=survivor45;238359]I believe the MidCon (once the proud home to Courtney Williams) is going to become The Summit League. The Horizon will stay the Horizon.[/QUOTE]
Oops! Survivor, thanks for catching that. Still, the logo reminds me of Star Trek!

I believe I made that mistake because Valpo is moving from the Mid-Con to the Horizon. My bad! :tongue:

I feel 100% comfortable saying that whoever rubber stamped those two horrible ideas (a. the name change to Summit and b. the hideous logo) is a complete and utter douchebag. Actually, I take that back. It’s probably 10-12 complete and utter douchebags, since the university presidents would have to take that upon themselves and approve that. Make that 20-24 complete and utter d-bags, considering the Athletic Directors probably thought it up first and put it forward to the presidents.

Mid-Continent Conference was a brutal f’ing name for a league, but Summit League? The Summit of what, Mediocrity? How many of those schools play anywhere near mountains? It would make more sense if it was geography-related, because it’s certainly not performance-based.

What is their new abbreviation, TSL? SL? Summit? UMKC (2-20 overall, 0-15 Summit). Wow, that’s going to look great.

"The Summit League provides a mental image to reach the top, both academically and athletically," Commissioner Tom Douple said in a statement.

The Elmhurst-based conference was established in 1982 as the Association of Mid-Continent Universities, and later changed to the Mid-Continent Conference.

The Summit League will include Centenary, IPFW, IUPUI, Missouri-Kansas City, North Dakota State, Oakland University, Oral Roberts, South Dakota State, Southern Utah and Western Illinois.

In other words, ten schools you know nothing about and probably can’t find on a map."

Talk about Division I being wayyyyyyyyyyyy too big.

Someone get on Photoshop, put the Summit League logo over top of an IUPUI player, then put that image into the Successories thing from the other thread. Here is your tagline:

Contraction. It’s not just for birthing babies or shortening words any more.

In a related note, the A10 is only 4 places ahead of the future Summit League in baseball RPI, but that is just evil internet people speak.

From Jennifer Scroggins, a sportswriter at the Cincinnati Enquirer, writing in their NCAA blog:

Hold onto your hats, fair bloggers, because I have some huge news.

The Mid-Continent Conference is changing its name to The Summit League!!!

See? HUGE news.

The new name takes effect June 1, and the reason for the change is awesome.

"The Summit League provides a mental image to reach the top, both academically and athletically,” commissioner Tom Douple said in a statement.

Spectacular. In theory, if you stood on the Summit League, you could see the Horizon League from there.

To recap, members of the Mid-Con/Summit are: Centenary, IU-PU Fort Wayne, IUPUI, Missouri-Kansas City, North Dakota State, Oakland, Oral Roberts, South Dakota State, Southern Utah and Western Illinois.

[QUOTE=run49er;238423]From Jennifer Scroggins, a sportswriter at the Cincinnati Enquirer, writing in their NCAA blog:[/QUOTE]
LOL :thumbsup: nice