Sunday's Observer

I got up early this morning to see what page the Observer put our win on, and much to my surprise, I couldn’t find the story until I got to Page 10! The story on page 10 referred back to page 1, but I still can’t see the story on page 1. Anybody else have that problem? :mellow: Worse than that, two of the articles on page 1 have fomer ties to UNC-CH. Mike, please tell me this is a printing issue!

[i]Originally posted by 5yearplan[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 06:21 AM [b] Worse than that, two of the articles on page 1 have fomer ties to UNC-CH. [/b]
Let it go. You are reaching.

same problem for me too.

Yep, same problem. We definitely missed the first half of the article. Articles were just getting moved around, and somehow, this article got chopped.

Here’s the online version which is complete and has a photo/boxscore included.

S9er, not reaching at all. I agree that the Observer has much improved coverage this year. Have you seen the front page of the sports section today? Maybe if the Niner’s story would have actually been on the front page, the story of JamesOn Curry or Antwan Jamison wouldn’t be. I don’t see how they could have possibly put them all on the front page. Doesn’t look like enough room. Not an Observer-bash, just disappointed.

[i]Originally posted by 5yearplan[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 07:35 AM [b] S9er, not reaching at all. I agree that the Observer has much improved coverage this year. Have you seen the front page of the sports section today? Maybe if the Niner's story would have actually been on the front page, the story of JamesOn Curry or Antwan Jamison wouldn't be. I don't see how they could have possibly put them all on the front page. Doesn't look like enough room. Not an Observer-bash, just disappointed. [/b]
I hit submit too soon......

I was going to say that you had a hell of a complait that half our article was missing, you didn’t need to bring UNC into the mix.

Concerning Curry, it must be convicted felon/basketball player week at the Observer.

I can deal with this today mainly because we played Tulame. Not much of a story there.

Wednesday/Thursday I’m sure we’ll get some love being that Memphis is coming in.

I for one am more disgusted that the Observer made a huge error like this than our coverage this year. I would expect this sort of error with my small hometown newspaper, but the Observer ??

What’s the story Mike P ?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Yeah I noticed this too. First half of the article is just not there. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 08:07 AM [b] :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: [/b]
pass the popcorn, HP :popcorn:

Damn, I was hoping that I was the one of the few that got a screwed up edition. Would like to hope that the page 1 portion of the story should’ve replaced the Curry story…but I guess that’s how it goes.

I’m sure they are very busy with this being Daytona weekend and I can understand where that should dominate the Charlotte Sunday sports page…but this kinda of error makes them look like a very small time paper. I don’t care if the opponent was CPCC, there is no excuse except for this carelessness.

EDIT: The irony of the whole thing is that I looked at page 1…didn’t see anything…ok, the game didn’t make page 1…go to page 2 & read a letter to the editor on how the Observer plays a role in addressing the point of Scott Fowler’s column this week…yeah, I can understand that writer’s point, but lets find the game story…page 3 :huh: , 4 :mellow: ,5 :o , 6 :blink: , 7 :unsure: ,8 :frowning: , 9 :confused: , 10 :angry: ??? and then it starts with “from page 1” :flame: :flame: :flame:

On the plus side, I guess 19 points is a stomp so they can use that word and not look foolish. But, hey, mistakes happen. B)

Yea. “Mistales” do happen. I bet Mike P is laughing his a$$ off now.

“Mistake”??? Yeah, right.

the sports editor is a whore. he gets paid to screw people. the better the screw the more he makes.

i predicted this in another thread yesterday but i had an inside tip this would happen.

i hope the observer staff is pleased with themselves. are you feeling richer today?

by making it look like an accident the responsible parties can claim innonence. this would never happen to an article about unc-chapel hill. think about it.

am i the only one that notices s9er always defends the observer even when we have a valid complaint? there is something funny here. who is s9er?

:butt:

I get the final city edition, home delivered and it was F’ed up like you say. Thanks for the online version. Sounds like they tried, but we all make mistakes and now the O can say they do too.

I also noticed that on the bottom of page 12 the headline is, “Miller pitches 49ers to win against Penn St.” The correct name is Mills, not Miller. Great job Observer!

C’mon fellows why should the Chapel Hole Disturber has to treat us any better? Besides, this year has been way much more coverage than others. Whatever sells papers remember guys? If I am not mistaken since the Disturber is way “far” away and have stated that covering us is not their job.

S9er has “close” ties to the big O

Another poster is a former writer’s kid