Suns after Bobcats 8th overall pick

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2917804]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2917804[/URL]

doesn’t say what we would get in return. hopefully we can get some more details soon.

[QUOTE]The Suns source told ESPN.com that role players were involved in the proposed trade with the Bobcats, but at least one other team besides Phoenix and Charlotte is also involved, making the deal difficult to pull off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard the Nets offered their 17th for Sean May and the Bobcats didn’t bite on it. I would have put him in a fedex box and shipped his ass to New Jersey quicker than you could say Tarheels suck.

heard rumors the suns were trying to deal Shawn Marion.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;245353]heard rumors the suns were trying to deal Shawn Marion.[/QUOTE]

You’ve heard rumors…or you have heard every NBA insider for the past 2 years? The Suns have been on again/ off again with Marion for a few years now. Mostly cause they have a bit of a salary cap issue. Marion would be great for the Bobcats, but it will take a lot more than the 8th pick in the draft to get him I would think

Maybe this is the rumor

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2917781

guess we’ll find out on draft day eh?

any of you guys going to Draft Day uptown?

u get a free t-shirt!!!

What’s going on upstown?

[QUOTE=WBNiner;245351]Yeah I heard the Nets offered their 17th for Sean May and the Bobcats didn’t bite on it. I would have put him in a fedex box and shipped his ass to New Jersey quicker than you could say Tarheels suck.[/QUOTE]

yeah the rumored deal was the pick + Bostjan Nachbar for Sean May. I would’ve made that deal SO fast. The Nets loooove guys with knee injuries, so May will fit right in. I also heard that the suns wanted to deal Kurt Thomas and, like the 24th for a future draft pick. That move doesn’t make much sense, but if they’re trying to get the number 8 pick from us for “role players” then they’re crazy. NBAdraft.net has updated their mock and has the Bobcats taking, surprise, Brandan Wright with the pick and Daequan Cook with the 22nd pick. It’s gonna be an interesting draft day, and sadly I’ll be in training for work :frowning:

Branden Wright would definately be the tarheel with the most upside but I would go with jeff green, roughly the same size with an outside shot. Why does this franchise want to hang on to sean may aka the cookie monster. this kid has the weakest legs in the world and as time goes on he will play for less than a third of the season, DUMP THIS LEMON NOW while he still has value. Sometimes this front office is just retarded. As for Cook, they better not, the kid is a cancer, a ballhog and thinks he is better than he actually is, use your heads bobcats, PLEASE!

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;245405]Branden Wright would definately be the tarheel with the most upside but I would go with jeff green, roughly the same size with an outside shot. Why does this franchise want to hang on to sean may aka the cookie monster. this kid has the weakest legs in the world and as time goes on he will play for less than a third of the season, DUMP THIS LEMON NOW while he still has value. Sometimes this front office is just retarded. As for Cook, they better not, the kid is a cancer, a ballhog and thinks he is better than he actually is, use your heads bobcats, PLEASE![/QUOTE]

I agree about Jeff Green, I’d love him to be on the team because supposedly he makes his teammates better and is very skilled. Hopefully MJ doesn’t buy into simply hype and make stupid mistakes. Brandan Wright will be very good…down the line. The Bobcats should eventually get away from being a project forever and get someone who is more NBA-ready, and can contribute right away. And don’t forget, we have the cash to make some noise in the free agent market, we just need to someone lure folks to Charlotte. go cats go!

May is a solid PF contributor. Is he a star no, he will always probably be to small and not athletic enough to be a star but he certainly has the potential to be a double double man every night. Don’t trade MAY!!!

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;245438]May is a solid PF contributor. Is he a star no, he will always probably be to small and not athletic enough to be a star but he certainly has the potential to be a double double man every night. Don’t trade MAY!!![/QUOTE]

Ship his sorry baby blue ass off. He has not been able to stay healthy and would rather eat than work out. One more year of his crap and they won’t get anything for him and he will end up being a wasted pick.

Can the bobcats at least act like they are looking at other players and just not trying to get a team full of chapel hill alums. Wright has more potential than may and felton but this is getting stupid.

any of you guys going to Draft Day uptown?

I am.

I wouldn’t take Wright, but I sure wouldn’t trade May. If we trade him off and he gets healthy we will regret it. He has been a huge asset for us when he is healthy. I would give him one more shot. WE NEED TO DRAFT THORTON!!! or brewer haha

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=ProRater&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fdraft2007%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dhollinger_john%26page%3dProRater

This is a pretty good analysis.

I am.
But what is it?

Anyone hear the rumor about the Bobcats trading for Jason Richardson from Golden State? Interesting, but I wouldn’t give up the pick for him, I dunno. Either way, apparently that deal was shot down. The Bobcats also turned down the May for the #17 pick (Stupid, IMO). I just have this nagging fear that the 'Cats will pull off a horrible draft-day trade or make two terrible draft picks tomorrow…hopefully I’m wrong