Suns after Bobcats 8th overall pick

Unfortunately I don’t think May is ever going to be healthy enough to contribute full time. He has had I believe 4 knee/foot problems since being a college freshman. The only time he stayed completely healthy is when roy stayed on his butt junior year at UNC and kept his weight at 255-260 so he could run with the offense. With no one pushing may he reverts and apparently if he dosen’t stay in shape his bulk taxes his legs. Kind of like a nicer and slightly less lazy derrick coleman, he could be better than carlos boozer, because he beat the crap out of boozer in college w/20/20 nights, if only he could stay in shape. I know it has only been two years in the pros and maybe I’m being a bit hasty but if this year is more of the same for this kid, I’m afraid he is done, with this team anyway.

Would you trade the 8th pick for Ray Allen? I heard the Sonics are looking to deal him and I think he’d be a great addition for our team, he can flat out score

Would you trade the 8th pick for Ray Allen? I heard the Sonics are looking to deal him and I think he'd be a great addition for our team, he can flat out score

That would be a no brainer. Of course you would need more than an 8th pick to get him.

I would love to see Ray Allen in a Cats’ uniform. The only thing though, don’t veteran players usually make the trade happen - ala - Kevin Garnett. I mean, you know Allen wants to win a championship (not saying Bobcats won’t, just not now). I think you got to keep the picks and keep moving through the expansion process and hopefully sign somebody in free-agency (who wants to be here).

[QUOTE=MooseNiner;245570]I would love to see Ray Allen in a Cats’ uniform. The only thing though, don’t veteran players usually make the trade happen - ala - Kevin Garnett. I mean, you know Allen wants to win a championship (not saying Bobcats won’t, just not now). I think you got to keep the picks and keep moving through the expansion process and hopefully sign somebody in free-agency (who wants to be here).[/QUOTE]

QFT. Moose hit the nail right on the head. We have to make this team favorable, like the hornets once were. Then we have to find ways to keep the team happy without kill tax payers money. Then after all that has taken place get players who really want to be in a bobcats uniform on the court.

Kind of like a nicer and slightly less lazy derrick coleman, he could be better than carlos boozer, because he beat the crap out of boozer in college w/20/20 nights, if only he could stay in shape.
??? Boozer was already in the NBA before May played his first college game!

[QUOTE=NLP;245576]??? Boozer was already in the NBA before May played his first college game![/QUOTE]

hahaha NLPwned

The Bobcats are in a bad situation right now with Gerald Wallace. They need him in order to be competitive, but he is not a $10 million player for Charlotte.

They are not ready to contend yet and that’s a price you pay someone like Wallace if he’s your missing piece.

VC is going to re-sign with the Nets, Billups is going to go somewhere nice, and that is going to leave Wallace as the next-best free agent … in a position to get $10 million from a team like Orlando … which will be looking to replace Grant Hill (overpaid and old, and leaving for somewhere else for less money).

The Bobcats need to just go ahead and take the best player available, or, if a trade really makes sense, pull it. The draft comes at a bad time for the Bobcats because the moves they make are going to hinge on Wallace.

If they can get a big-type player at #8, go ahead and do it. Then you have pieces you can move with a glut of young, solid big men. If it has to be Brandon Wright, he is going to have trade value for other teams so you just do it.

A truly interesting scenario would be to try to sign Rashard Lewis to a free agent deal and then convince the Sonics to part with Ray Allen in a sign-and-trade for Gerald Wallace and (insert something of value here). Those two players combined with Okafor and Felton could get the Bobcats to a middle seed in the Eastern Conference. Lewis is going to be a top-dollar player, but I like him more than Gerald Wallace overall. The price difference won’t be too high. The Sonics might go for this since Wallace and Durant would make them athletic and young at the 2-3 spots.

Two league sources said the [URL=http://fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4565][U][COLOR=#0000ff]Sonics[/COLOR][/U][/URL] are calling around the league to gauge interest in guard [URL=http://fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4136][U][COLOR=#0000ff]Ray Allen[/COLOR][/U][/URL]. KJR-AM radio reported that the [URL=http://fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4565][U][COLOR=#0000ff]Sonics[/COLOR][/U][/URL] offered Allen to the [URL=http://fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4542][U][COLOR=#0000ff]Boston Celtics[/COLOR][/U][/URL] for the fifth pick and Theo Ratliff.

That trade would make sense for all parties. You can try to win now with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen plus Al Jefferson and Delonte West. Ray Allen’s outside shooting would really help the C’s. If they could ditch Wally or have him come off the bench in limited duty, they really could become a middle seeded team in the East. Ray Allen is looking for a house in Connecticut and has the strong UConn ties and likes that area, so he would go.

Also, Chad Ford is saying that if Yi falls to the Bobcats at #8, then the Warriors will be willing to give them Monta Ellis for the pick. Monta Ellis is legit, that would be a nice deal for the Warriors especially if they can get something else along with him, like the Warriors’ #18 pick. (Of course they would probably trade the #18 pick for cash).

This also opens up options with the Hawks at #11. If the Bobcats got Ellis and the #18 pick for Yi, they could then spin Ellis (a PG, and the Cats have Felton) back to the Hawks for the #11 pick.

So the Bobcats could have a real shot at turning pick #8 into picks #11 and #18 with no cost to themselves, if only Yi would fall to them.

If the Bobcats can get Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis that would be awesome. I’d say you throw in Maye, Wallace and Morrison to make it happen. Then you hope Big Baby is around for the second pick.

[QUOTE=NLP;245576]??? Boozer was already in the NBA before May played his first college game![/QUOTE]

Ooops, meant shelden williams, how is he doing now anyway?

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;245588]Ooops, meant shelden williams, how is he doing now anyway?[/QUOTE]

nothing to brag about. like 18 minutes a game last season

18.7 mpg 5.5 ppg and 5.4 boards a game.