Superbowl...who is your money on?

Who do you think will win… not who do you want to win.

Can’t stand the SOB’s but I think New England takes it again. This is pretty much the same team from last year but throw in Dillon and you have an even stronger Pats team. Pitt will be tough to beat but I think NE matches up with them well, should they meet up in the AFC Championship. And I think New England beats St. Louis for the title.

One thing is for sure, a NFC team isn’t winning the Super Bowl.

[SIZE=4]GO PANTHERS!!![/SIZE]

Isn’t Ty Law injured for the Pats? If so, they might not make it to the SB.

[i]Originally posted by allie49er[/i]@Jan 14 2005, 09:46 PM [b] Isn't Ty Law injured for the Pats? If so, they might not make it to the SB. [/b]
It will be a non issue. Pats will move Troy Brown over to DB and they also just signed (former Panther) Hank Poteat to play some CB. And besides, Law has been out for awhile and they're still winning games.

And I certainly don’t see the Colts standing in their way. They absolutely OWN Manning who can never seem to win in Foxboro and has an abysmal QB rating against them. Not sure I see that changing this weekend. Pittsburgh will be the only team to stand in the way of New England in my opinion and I just don’t like a rookie QB in a game that big, regardless of how well he’s played in the regular season. Belichick and Brady will be adding another ring to the collection me thinks.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 14 2005, 11:37 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 14 2005, 11:37 PM)

Baltimore D kept Manning in check most of the day. He threw for under 250 and only had 1 TD against them. If the Ravens had any trace of an offense, they likely would have won the game considering the Colts can’t stop anyone. And keep in mind that game was even a home game for the Colts and he still struggled. I think the New England defense is on par with Baltimore’s but New England has a MUCH more potent offense to compliment it. Colts have already lost in Foxboro once this year and cold weather wasn’t present. Until Manning proves he can go on the road, in cold weather, and win in the postseason, I’m forced to bet against him.

Patriots 34
Colts 24

Go Miami!

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 12:25 AM [b] I agree mostly, but I still wouldn't be surprised if the Colts won this weekend. No defense has been able to stop Peyton Manning this year, and I think he will come to play this week to make up for his performance in the playoffs last year. [/b]
No defense has been able to stop them until this weekend because outside of Baltimore, they didn't really play many tough ones.

I actually gave Peyton way too much credit in my prediction that they’d put up 24 points. Once again, Manning proves that he can’t win a big game, outdoors on the road. This will forever haunt him IMO. The only way he’ll ever get a championship ring is if they get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and the Super Bowl is played in a dome that year. And he’s not getting any younger.

Patriots should be able to handle Pitt pretty easily considering how close the Jets played them. I don’t like them but it’s New England’s title to lose.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 17 2005, 12:03 PM [b] I actually gave Peyton way too much credit in my prediction that they'd put up 24 points. Once again, Manning proves that he can't win a big game, outdoors on the road. This will forever haunt him IMO. The only way he'll ever get a championship ring is if they get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and the Super Bowl is played in a dome that year. And he's not getting any younger. [/b]
Yeah, that was a pretty pathetic performance. Although missing some people, NE still has a solid D... but I think the weather was a big part of the Colt's crappy play too. I don't think you can blame that loss on Peyton though... Other than that INT at the very end of the game, I thought he played well... the Colt reveivers just dropped a [i]lot[/i] of catchable balls. Given that, a crappy defense, and James rushing for 39 yards the Colts had no chance.

Pitt. will have to play a lot better than they did against the Jets next week if they want a chance to win.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jan 17 2005, 12:22 PM [b] Yeah, that was a pretty pathetic performance. Although missing some people, NE still has a solid D... but I think the weather was a big part of the Colt's crappy play too. I don't think you can blame that loss on Peyton though... Other than that INT at the very end of the game, I thought he played well... the Colt reveivers just dropped a [i]lot[/i] of catchable balls. Given that, a crappy defense, and James rushing for 39 yards the Colts had no chance.

Pitt. will have to play a lot better than they did against the Jets next week if they want a chance to win. [/b]

I like Manning and have nothing against him. And if he were the QB for the Patriots instead of Brady, he’d have two rings and two MVP’s as well. But the bottom line is that defense wins championships and the Colts have none. If the Pats D was as bad as the Colts, then they’d have no shot at getting to this point. It’s a shame that Manning doesn’t have more to work with on the other side of the ball because until he does, it will be the same result every year.

With that said, I do think that in order to be a “great” QB, you have to eventually prove that you can win under any circumstances. The Colts receivers were dropping all those passes the other 6 times Manning lost in Foxboro. He just doesn’t play well on the road in bad weather and that’s a weakness/flaw. And if I’m not mistake, the Colts have to play New England in the regular season again next year. Maybe the 8th time is a charm…lol

Pitt/NE game should be pretty good because both defenses (though I give an edge to NE’s) are solid. It should come down to the running game and QB. I give Brady the big advantage simply because he’s been there in that type of game before. I like the Pats by 10.

Atlanta/Philly should be interesting but I just don’t see how Atlanta can put up points against them like they did against St. Louis. Philly should finally get that elusive trip to the Super Bowl, even without Owens.

NE is a better match up for Pittsburgh, but NE has proven they can win a big game at Heinz. Plus Ben looked wretched. I’m sick to my stomach already about that game. With the Niners playing two huge road games, this could either be the ultimate high or the ultimate low come Sunday night.

All I know is PI will be damn unbearable if the Pats win to go along with the Sox. It might be a good omen though. Maybe the Niners will win it all and give him the hat trick.