suppport in the queen city for Charlotte Football

I had emailed Tom Sorensen at the O about his article on Charlotte Football. I let him know that I appreciated his support and asked if he would be writing any more football articles in the near future. He said that he plans to write another extensive article in August. He said he wants to push support and keep the public aware of what is going on. If anybody has other examples or ideas of support to get into the public’s head post them here.

[QUOTE=somosdel;248685]He said he wants to push support and keep the public aware of what is going on. If anybody has other examples or ideas of support to get into the public’s head post them here.[/QUOTE]
Advertise on CATS. Sorry, I had to do it. :49ers:

[QUOTE=somosdel;248685]I had emailed Tom Sorensen at the O about his article on Charlotte Football. I let him know that I appreciated his support and asked if he would be writing any more football articles in the near future. He said that he plans to write another extensive article in August. He said he wants to push support and keep the public aware of what is going on. If anybody has other examples or ideas of support to get into the public’s head post them here.[/QUOTE]
did you play leftfield at any point in your life? lol

I had emailed Tom Sorensen at the O about his article on Charlotte Football. I let him know that I appreciated his support and asked if he would be writing any more football articles in the near future. He said that he plans to write another extensive article in August. He said he wants to push support and keep the public aware of what is going on. If anybody has other examples or ideas of support to get into the public's head post them here.

Funny. Tom is using his position at the LOCAL newspaper to push a LOCAL school’s drive to add football because he feels that it is HIS duty (and his NEWSPAPER’S) to make the LOCAL public aware about the LOCAL school!

ATTN: Mike Persinger…this is all we’ve ever asked of the Observer.

Glad to see that Tom gets it.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;248771]
Glad to see that Tom gets it.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least until he pisses us off again. :biggrin:

If I get sent to the Phillipines for 5-6 months, we’ll have support in Manila.

[QUOTE=HP49er;248760]Advertise on CATS. Sorry, I had to do it. :49ers:[/QUOTE]

If you mean, shave out messages on domesticated felines, then yes. If you mean place ads on the side of Charlotte Area Transportation System vehicles, then no.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;248776]If I get sent to the Phillipines for 5-6 months, we’ll have support in Manila.[/QUOTE]

No, we’ll be hated.

[QUOTE=metro;248770]did you play leftfield at any point in your life? lol[/QUOTE]

what is that supposed to mean?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;248776]If I get sent to the Phillipines for 5-6 months, everyone on the board will be thrilled.[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;248771]Funny. Tom is using his position at the LOCAL newspaper to push a LOCAL school’s drive to add football because he feels that it is HIS duty (and his NEWSPAPER’S) to make the LOCAL public aware about the LOCAL school!

Glad to see that Tom gets it.[/QUOTE]
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hmmmm…no response form Mike on this one?

Yeah…that doesn’t surprise me.

Yeah I never really cared for Sorensen’s articles until recently. I really do feel that he has a passion for the things that he writes. In his email to me (which he responded to in about 5 minutes after I sent it) he really addressed a passion for Charlotte Football. These are the people we need to give us that PR boost!

I find it interesting you all never cared for Sorenson’s articles. I actually always enjoyed reading them - even if I didn’t agree - because in a sea of crap that is written in the Observer, his are always well written and well thought.

Anywho, Thanks a ton for the support Tom!

Funny. Tom is using his position at the LOCAL newspaper to push a LOCAL school's drive to add football because he feels that it is HIS duty (and his NEWSPAPER'S) to make the LOCAL public aware about the LOCAL school!

Glad to see that Tom gets it.

Mike P.

Does this not make sense to you?

Tom didn’t write the article to “sell papers”, he did it because he feels an obligation to spread the word to the masses about the LOCAL school.

Does football make sense? I think it does. Tom does, too.

So if that’s what you mean, yes, it makes sense.

Does football make sense? I think it does. Tom does, too.

So if that’s what you mean, yes, it makes sense.

He’s promoting the school out of respect. The respect of something good happening in the city of CHarlotte, at the school in Charlotte, that most people in Charlotte are not aware of but should be.

Seems like that should be the stance taken by the Big O for all Niner endeavours…not just Football.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;249276]He’s promoting the school out of respect. The respect of something good happening in the city of CHarlotte, at the school in Charlotte, that most people in Charlotte are not aware of but should be.

Seems like that should be the stance taken by the Big O for all Niner endeavours…not just Football.[/QUOTE]

Preach on brotha!!!

[QUOTE=KTown49er;249276]He’s promoting the school out of respect. The respect of something good happening in the city of CHarlotte, at the school in Charlotte, that most people in Charlotte are not aware of but should be.

Seems like that should be the stance taken by the Big O for all Niner endeavours…not just Football.[/QUOTE]

Well, except maybe things like the transit study and the shenanigans that went on there. If we were the “promoting” that Niner endeavor, we wouldn’t have reported that story, which calls into question the integrity of all studies done by the university. But I’d say that’s a good story for us to report. If that kind of stuff is stopped, it keeps the value of your diploma from being damaged. But it’s not likely a story the university wanted told.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;249306]Well, except maybe things like the transit study and the shenanigans that went on there. If we were the “promoting” that Niner endeavor, we wouldn’t have reported that story, which calls into question the integrity of all studies done by the university.QUOTE]

I mean we were just talking about sports with you. Last time I checked you weren’t the head of “studies” or “news” from Charlotte. Lets keep on the topic which is the O’s covarage of Niner SPORTS. Look, overall I think the observer has done better this year than ever with covering Charlotte 49ers Sports. People just get upset on this board and they really have a right to be when it IS so hard to get covered in your “own” city. I think that it is easy for someone else who is a non-U of Charlotte student to say that we aren’t “Big” enough or that we aren’t competitive enough but the fact is that we are. Golf, Baseball, Track, and many of our women’s teams (granted these sports aren’t HUGE on the national spotlight) are having record seasons. It would be expected that a Local Paper of the city in which the University resides would be excited about this just like the paper is excited about the “Bobcats” or “Panthers”. It just is frustrating sometimes…