Surprise...Surprise

Will Bobcats turn to Felton?

Article in today’s Observer discussing the possibility of the Bobcats picking 2 TarHeels in the First Round (Felton at 5 then May at 13)!!!

Only the Chapel Hill media…er…I mean Charlotte media…would push for that to happen!!! (even though I’m sure there are thousands of TarHeel Charlotteans that would cream their pants if it did happen)

The article does mention Villenueva as a better option at 13 than May but still…the local Charlotte media again jumping on the TarHeel express.

2 top 13 First round picks used on 2 TarHeels?!

If that happens, I can add yet one more reason to my list of “Reasons to Hate the NBA.”

Not only would that be stupid, it would be two wasted picks.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Jun 28 2005, 06:08 PM [b] [url=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/12001725.htm]Will Bobcats turn to Felton?[/url]

Article in today’s Observer discussing the possibility of the Bobcats picking 2 TarHeels in the First Round (Felton at 5 then May at 13)!!!

Only the Chapel Hill media…er…I mean Charlotte media…would push for that to happen!!! (even though I’m sure there are thousands of TarHeel Charlotteans that would cream their pants if it did happen)

The article does mention Villenueva as a better option at 13 than May but still…the local Charlotte media again jumping on the TarHeel express.

2 top 13 First round picks used on 2 TarHeels?!

If that happens, I can add yet one more reason to my list of “Reasons to Hate the NBA.” [/b]

Can you lose the inferiority complex already?

Who cares who the bobcats pick and who cares if the observer loves the tarheels.

Quit acting like such a little bitch.

I share the who gives an f sentiment about the observer, but still, makes me wonder if they’re drafting for ticket sales or wins. Granger… now that would have made more sense.

And for posterity purposes, McHale made a great fit pick of McCants to the Wolves. He’s exactly what they need.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Jun 28 2005, 08:37 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Jun 28 2005, 08:37 PM)
[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Jun 28 2005, 07:08 PM [b]

(even though I’m sure there are thousands of TarHeel Charlotteans that would cream their pants if it did happen)

[/b]

Well… There´s the reason it´s in the paper.

Can’t have it all.

They make this pick for local players with class, we blast them for marketing purposes.

They make a pick for a high school player, we blast them for skipping college players.

They pick a talented thug, we blast them for skipping players with class.

I think May was a waste of a pick, especially considering Granger, Warrick, Green were all on the board, but I’m happy with Felton.

[b]A non-instigating, non-threatening, non-opinionated post[/b]

Your post wasn’t opinionated? Isn’t that the point of a message board, to express opinions?

Where did I “threaten” you, drama queen?

I asked a question then requested that you stop whining about the tarheels.

[b]Seriously, dude....you need help.[/b]

Putting this unoriginal drivel in every post will not make it true…dude.

Typical Ktown post. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Jun 28 2005, 09:45 PM [b] Where did I "threaten" you, drama queen?

I asked a question then requested that you stop whining about the tarheels.

[/b]

Telling someone to “quit acting like such a little bitch” just for giving an opinion is not threatening or instigating???

Those are the type of responses/posts that begin all of the personal jabs and fighting that you claim you don’t instigate. That was my point…which you missed yet again.

Go ahead insult me again and tell me how I’m wrong and how you’re right…I never get tired of it.

Skitso

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Jun 29 2005, 12:07 AM [b] Skitso [/b]
schizo

Felton was a reach at 5 at best. Who is May going to guard in the NBA?

He was going back to school because of his defensive liability at the pro level but The Bobcats pick him 13. If Okafor is your PF where is May playing. A 5? A 3?

The Bobcats passed on some serious talent on their 2 picks to sell tickets which makes me loathe the NBA even more.

When will the NBA realize that good competitive basketball is the answer?

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Jun 28 2005, 08:58 PM [b] ....but the actual brand of basketball sucks. [/b]
The nba plays basketball?!?!?! Alert the media!!

I hate to play devil’s advocate because I hate the Heels, but… I don’t get the Sean May bashing. He’s got the best set of hands I personally have ever seen on a big man. My God, if anybody should appreciate that it’s us. Our big men tend to have bricks on the ends of their wrists.

Did anybody bother to watch any UNC games this year? The guy is flat out a player. He’s not a prototype, but he’ll be very functional. Neither was Barkley, you can’t always go on combines and workouts, sometimes you actually need to them watch play.

Felton? Not a huge fan of his game, but it’s definately NBA style. As far as the business aspect goes, if it was 50-50 between on of these guys and another, you always take the local guy. BTW, how many of you actually saw Granger play a game? Be honest.

I agree, May has great hands and can rebound. He is a fatty and needs to get in much better shape, but he has proven himself more so than the others available at 13.

Felotn is a poor mans Greg Anthony. Not worth the number 5 pick.

Felton was the third best PG available in this draft and would probably be the number one PG in next years draft, the Bobcats need a PG badly so he was a no brainer.

May is ten times better than Villenueva(who has never done shit and will be the biggest bust of this draft), he will be a very good PF and will play alot with Okafor who at times will move over to center(much like Time Duncan)

And for those of you who don’t seem to realize it the NBA is a business and picking good local players just make good business sense. Carolina fans are loyal and there are a large number of them in the Charlotte area so why not give them a reason to become Bobcat fans???

[b]Telling someone to "quit acting like such a little bitch" just for giving an opinion is not threatening or instigating[/b]

Still waiting for an explanation about how this is “threatening”. If you fing the above quote to be threatening, then you are a bigger bitch than I had anticipated.

[b]Go ahead insult me again and tell me how I'm wrong and how you're right...I never get tired of it.[/b]

Good that you can admit this now as it will make the rest of your life easier. Some people spend their entire life not realizing just how dumb they really are. Good for you.

[b]Skitso[/b]

Who is this “Skitso”. Were you signing your post “Skitso” or was this a feable attempt at insulting me by trying to insinuate that I suffeer from Schizophrenia?
You’re such a simpleton.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Jun 29 2005, 09:14 AM [b] Who is this "Skitso". Were you signing your post "Skitso" or was this a feable attempt at insulting me by trying to insinuate that I suffeer from Schizophrenia? [/b]
I would hope that the patient would know the disease and the correct spelling of what afflicts him.

Leave it alone and shut up. Do you always have to have the last word? Were you the 6th grade bully that had to pick on all of the 3rd grade girls to get his jollies? Does insulting people over and over again make you feel good?

SERIOUS issues my friend…serious.

I stand by my previous post.

you two just need to whoop out your schlongs and get it over with… :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Jun 30 2005, 03:31 PM [b] you two just need to whoop out your schlongs and get it over with... :rolleyes: [/b]
Silvio, that statement is gayer than Barry.