Tailgating for Spring Game

Is there any surface lot parking available for Season Ticket holders(Non-FSL)? In the email sent out it looked like the Orange CRI Deck was my only option.

For tomorrow they are not checking parking passes. You may park and tailgate at any of the major lots. Lot 19 is where we will be.

Awesome! Thanks! Only wish I could park there during the seasonā€¦

Sitting at the spring game right now and I am so disappointed. So many empty seats. If this is what the ad hoped for, everyone in the office needs to be fired.

Why do I give an f if an o-line can catch a pass?

Crappy tailgate start time. I still wish I could have made it.

I didnā€™t think it was too bad. Probably around 5,000 in attendance. These are the types of numbers most schools like us see at spring games. Last yearā€™s spring game attendance was the result of the newness of the program.

I didnā€™t think it was too bad. Probably around 5,000 in attendance. These are the types of numbers most schools like us see at spring games. Last yearā€™s spring game attendance was the result of the newness of the program.[/quote]

Announced attendance : 9054

Looked right to me. If it holds 15Kā€¦looked about half full.

I didnā€™t think it was too bad. Probably around 5,000 in attendance. These are the types of numbers most schools like us see at spring games. Last yearā€™s spring game attendance was the result of the newness of the program.[/quote]

Announced attendance : 9054

Looked right to me. If it holds 15Kā€¦looked about half full.[/quote]

Wow, thatā€™s great. Does that number count FSL and season ticket holders who did not attend?

ā€¦and I thought I was crabby today :-\ .

O-line trying to catch a pass is for pure entertainment value only. If I remember last year we only had one guy catch it. Good turn around today.

I was hoping the attendance would have been better as well. A lot of empty seats in the FSL and student sections. A great day to be outside too.
Now we can really start comparing spring game attendance numbers with other schools.

I thought the day was an overall success.
Not sure what some of you guys are expecting for a scrimmage game.

Great weather, good teaser for the fall, and thought the crowd was good for a practice game.

Great spring game again this year. More of a crowd than I was expecting. Saw plenty of people that didnā€™t even go to the game just tailgated, which is fine. I also enjoyed seeing a good amount of student out today, which means that football is accomplishing what it was supposed to in making us lose our commuter school title.

I hope a lot of people made it to the baseball game. It looked empty when we left. I would have attended if I could.

Were stats kept for the QBs? All of them performed poorly, but Barden looked to have more potential. He had good moves in the pocket, except the OL couldnā€™t block. I hope Barden wins the starting job or is an immediate starter as a RS-Fr.

Not sure why we ran 1,000 times. Kind of boring to watch.

[quote=ā€œeason49, post:14, topic:28753ā€]Were stats kept for the QBs? All of them performed poorly, but Barden looked to have more potential. He had good moves in the pocket, except the OL couldnā€™t block. I hope Barden wins the starting job or is an immediate starter as a RS-Fr.

Not sure why we ran 1,000 times. Kind of boring to watch.[/quote]

I donā€™t know if anyone is going to challenge Johnson for the starting job this season. Matt didnā€™t look great today, but I have no reason to doubt him as a starter going into this season after his solid performance last year. Hopefully he continues to improve, but there is no guarantee his abilities will transfer to success in FBS. Barden will likely redshirt this season, but it will be interesting to see if there is a QB contest going into 2015.

[quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:15, topic:28753ā€][quote=ā€œeason49, post:14, topic:28753ā€]Were stats kept for the QBs? All of them performed poorly, but Barden looked to have more potential. He had good moves in the pocket, except the OL couldnā€™t block. I hope Barden wins the starting job or is an immediate starter as a RS-Fr.

I donā€™t know if anyone is going to challenge Johnson for the starting job this season. Matt didnā€™t look great today, but I have no reason to doubt him as a starter going into this season after his solid performance last year. Hopefully he continues to improve, but there is no guarantee his abilities will transfer to success in FBS. Barden will likely redshirt this season, but it will be interesting to see if there is a QB contest going into 2015.[/quote]

Johnson does not have the high caliber passing vision, decision making, or accuracy to excel against many school with athletes and talent, which is the buzz-saw he ran into last year. I think heā€™s close to his potential already. We got a steal last year with him as our 1st year QB, but he is what he is. He was not highly recruited and wasnā€™t really a passer in HS. Heā€™d be a great backup.

If we want to succeed in FBS, we need Barden to be good and to be the guy.

[quote=ā€œeason49, post:14, topic:28753ā€]Were stats kept for the QBs? All of them performed poorly, but Barden looked to have more potential. He had good moves in the pocket, except the OL couldnā€™t block. I hope Barden wins the starting job or is an immediate starter as a RS-Fr.

Probably to test the DLine. It was a blatant weakness last year.

I thought the defense looked good. The offense seemed ok. All three quarterbacks looked about the same to me. Where was Kalif Philips?. Didnā€™t see his name on the roster.

Not sure why he was missing from the roster, probably a mistake, but I believe he is recovering from shoulder surgery.

[quote=ā€œeason49, post:16, topic:28753ā€][quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:15, topic:28753ā€][quote=ā€œeason49, post:14, topic:28753ā€]Were stats kept for the QBs? All of them performed poorly, but Barden looked to have more potential. He had good moves in the pocket, except the OL couldnā€™t block. I hope Barden wins the starting job or is an immediate starter as a RS-Fr.

I donā€™t know if anyone is going to challenge Johnson for the starting job this season. Matt didnā€™t look great today, but I have no reason to doubt him as a starter going into this season after his solid performance last year. Hopefully he continues to improve, but there is no guarantee his abilities will transfer to success in FBS. Barden will likely redshirt this season, but it will be interesting to see if there is a QB contest going into 2015.[/quote]

Johnson does not have the high caliber passing vision, decision making, or accuracy to excel against many school with athletes and talent, which is the buzz-saw he ran into last year. I think heā€™s close to his potential already. We got a steal last year with him as our 1st year QB, but he is what he is. He was not highly recruited and wasnā€™t really a passer in HS. Heā€™d be a great backup.

If we want to succeed in FBS, we need Barden to be good and to be the guy.[/quote]

I agree with this completely.