Temple Postgame

Really solid effort from our guys. Man, what was Henry doing with all this turnovers down the stretch.

Our defense is atrocious when we play on the road. Now given up 81,82 and 89 in conference road games.

Braswell, it’s about time!!

never mind/ 2 threads started at the same time.

Too many turnovers.

Pretty sure his name is Brozwell.

What happened? Our offense was on fire? What happened to our defense?

This game proves we cannot rely solely on 3 pointers. We need to play D too.

Is this the same team from the first half of the season?

[size=2]And I forgot:

Dalton Pepper and Jake ‘F**ckin’ O’Brien?

Are you kidding me?

I don’t think there would be a team in the country that plays better defense at home and then just non-existent D on the road. It’s quite remarkable[/size]

Alot of heart. Good effort. Didn’t quit. Seems this team is playing harder since the Mayfield incident.

But way too many chances on O squandered through bad turnovers.

This is how UMass felt last weekend.

Proud of the way we played, and fought, until the end. Nice job on the press at the end.
Really thought we should have called timeout at the end when we had a chance to tie, not sure if we had any though? Bad turnovers by Henry, but he got the steals to put us in that position.
We had a hard time with Wyatt in the 2nd half. The 1st half our defense was just poor and we gave up too many layups. If you would have told me Temple scored 89, I would have thought they won by about 40. Not sure why we have inconsistent effort on D when on the road.
I hope JT is OK. Reallllllly hope he didn’t blow out his knee again.

Hell of a game from Braswell tonight. More please!

Henry with a really nice stat line, but just a brutal final few minutes with those TO’s. What might have been?!?

Very impressive fight out of the guys tonight. They battled back time after time and made it more than interesting.

Need to tighten up the D on the road.

Hopefully this is just Bras, er, Brohzwell warming up.

I want to thank ninermike for helping Coach Major improve our offense. Otherwise, we would have never been in this game.

Anybody know anything about JT?

When we give up 80, it means we didn’t play well. We are a defensive team. While I like the offensive effort, we aren’t going to outscore many teams. On to the next one.

And why was Ingram guarding Wyatt until he got taken off him early in the second? Our smallest player on one of the leading scorers in conference play?

They were hitting everything like us. We needed a big body like Thorne down low to stop the easy lay ins

We win if we don’t give away the ball all the time.

We shot better than Temple in all 3 categories - fg, ft, and even 3. We also outrebounded them. We just gave the ball away too many times. 17 assists to 18 turnovers vs 17 assists to 13 turnovers. We just don’t take good care of the ball. Yes, defense was abysmal tonight, but the way we took care of the ball was even worse. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Niners team travel or get blocked as much as this team.

Even so, great effort. I think we can beat VCU.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:9, topic:27462”]Proud of the way we played, and fought, until the end. Nice job on the press at the end.
Really thought we should have called timeout at the end when we had a chance to tie, not sure if we had any though? Bad turnovers by Henry, but he got the steals to put us in that position.
We had a hard time with Wyatt in the 2nd half. The 1st half our defense was just poor and we gave up too many layups. If you would have told me Temple scored 89, I would have thought they won by about 40. Not sure why we have inconsistent effort on D when on the road.
I hope JT is OK. Reallllllly hope he didn’t blow out his knee again.[/quote]

Yes, I can’t believe we didnt call a T.O. when we made that last steal, down 3----if not immediately, certainly Major should have called it while PH was dribbling around in circles with nowhere to go at the top of the key.

We are NOT a “defensive team” on the road…not at all.

Damn… >:(