Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

clt says this team is going bowling

Agreed

And only a handful of Coordinators can make the leap from P5 coordinator to P5 HC. Majority have to take pay cuts to cut their teeth as a G5 HC. Those are the breaks.

Yeah, thatā€™s my point. This is one we could get.

If we get to 6 and a bowl, I just canā€™t see Hill blowing it up. Iā€™d say right now we have about a 44% chance of seeing Brad extended for 1-2.

Saturday was probably the best I have ever felt after a loss. The whole day was a lot of fun and something that I used to dream about when I hoped we would one day get football. Kudos to everyone that made the trip to Knoxville. I loved seeing our fans stick around at the end of the game and give a standing O to the team.

Our defense played their a$$es off. That was an incredible effort and should give us a chance the next 3 games. Itā€™s pathetic to try and dampen it with ā€œwell thatā€™s a below average Tenneseee team, blah blahā€

Lambert needs to go, we all get it. I want him gone, I donā€™t think we have 2 wins left on the schedule to keep his job. However, give some love to the players and their effort. I would have love to have seen our offense with Reynolds and Tucker out there. I hope fans will come out and support the team on 11/17.

2 Likes

I could see us keeping him another year, but not upping his contract till he proves it wasnā€™t a one year fluke. If that means we have to pay a little more to keep him after a successful next year, I can live with that. Weā€™re going to have to pay any new coach we actually want more than we are paying Brad now anyway.

if you think recruiting is bad now, imagine keeping lambert for another season on a one year contract.

Agreed. Odds are Spencer is gone after this year, what does the defense look like after that?

Great point, I donā€™t think Lambert can fully repair some of those relationships locally. Also, the fans arenā€™t confident in him (see attendance).

Since I donā€™t credit Lambert for being the reason most if not almost all our players are here, Iā€™m not sure his recruiting on a 1 year contract and a 6-7 or 7-6 record will have much impact over his recruiting from this season on a 2 year contract with a 1-11 record.

i imagine our recruiting canā€™t get any worse with lambert here but this is precisely a reason he needs to be gone.

I know our relationships with local schools are not very good, but these coaches still want their kids to have an opportunity to play somewhere. Coaches move from school to school so the high school coaches cannot be mad at every coach we have ever employed. I go to church with a head coach in Union County and he tells me that we have been to most of the Union County schools several times in past year and a half. He thinks most of the coaches in Union have a pretty good relationship with us now versus a couple of years ago.

if our mecklenburg county relationships are not good, we are screwed. union county has good players but nothing compared to meck. county.

He cant extend brad. IF brad wins out and wins the east he canā€™t extend brad. That would kill the embers that still remain of our football support.

averaging 8k per game at football is not sustainable. period. we MUST grow the booster club. We must maintain good attendance. These are not options for us. Keeping brad does not help either issue, it only makes them both worse.

edit: For the record, this is why Iā€™ve said all along it really was not fair to brad to keep him this year. The fans gave up on him, as to be honest, they should have. There was nothing he could do to save his job. And honestly thatā€™s not right, but that was a Judy Rose decision.

2 Likes

IF we win out, we have a shot at the C-USA Championship Game with some helpā€¦ including UTEP beating MT.* Obviously thatā€™s incredibly unlikely, but if it does and weā€™re playing football on 12/1, Iā€™ll change my tune on Lambert. Iā€™ve said from day 1 that our primary goal should be to compete for conference championships, and if weā€™re doing that Iā€™ll reserve judgement until we arenā€™t again.

*I ran all the scenarios I could to see if there was a way we pull off a win in a three-way tie with MT and FIU. I canā€™t see a way that it happens.

Carefulā€¦that doesnā€™t fit the narrative.

What about the coaches just recently that were talking about it, again? That pretty much fits the narrative.

OC/QB Coach at Mallard Creek:
https://twitter.com/Dj_Mcfadden11/status/1051857764727869443

HC from West Charlotte:
https://twitter.com/harris_coach/status/1051860086845558785

Also had the OC/QB Coach from Providence chime in too:
https://twitter.com/CoachLashSr/status/1051905722190057472
https://twitter.com/CoachLashSr/status/1051913735445630977

That is absolutely embarrassingā€¦ Its negligence

i agree that this board gets some toxic narratives that are not good for the fanbase. This isnā€™t one of them.

Attendance is WAY down. There are 1700 people left in the 49er club. There are 200 students in the student booster club. We have not had an above .500 season yet. We have won 4 games against one of the worst schedules in the country. We do not have a winning record against any individual FBS opponent. People are walking away from lifetime FSL commitments after 5 and 6 years. Local High School coaches dog our program regularly. By what measure is our program succeeding? The stats were posted here last year, but every single start up program wins more games in year 6. It is the very nature of starting a football program.

When somebody can dispute those incredibly important FACTS, Iā€™ll shut up.

4 Likes