Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

Recruiting isn’t getting worse. John Fox was never fired by the Panthers his contract expired. If Lambert gets us to a bowl do not extend his contract. His “body of work” sucks.

Well deserved, he was dominant.

2 Likes

#Beastmode vs TN

Something else worth thinking about:

How much did Judy try to micromanage the program? How much was the staff constrained by limitations she put on the team?

I think it’s somewhat telling that in the first year without Judy Rose’s input, the team shows signs of tremendous improvement.

I think Judy was the opposite. She was okay with a less than mediocre performance. This season is put up or shut up and football the team is playing better.

I agree Chidave49 and BigTime although I still am not confident we get to 6 wins.

Lambert could win out and I wouldn’t keep him. His staff is going to turnover again this offseason regardless of what we do with him.

2 Likes

This. I also believe we need a tangible change so fans will feel like it is okay to be excited again. I was excited when we hired Major, when we hired Price, and now with Sanchez. My track record is poor in hindsight, but sometimes when you want change, you need to have change.

1 Like

The program is in the drivers seat. If Lambert gets to 6-7 wins then hallelujah. If he falters down the stretch then hopefully the thing continues to sell itself. A candidate looking on from outside sees we have the kids to allow him to come in here and compete from day one. If that’s what transpires then Hill must be able to close the deal. Then, assembling a staff is uber-critical. Would be ideal to keep Spencer but he may want to move on sans-Lambert. Quarterback development should be paramount via OC hire. Lots of positives for us right now.

Well said rtown.

1 Like

clt says attendence is down because the appys purchased 19,546 season tickets and burned them

We haven’t won a road game all season. I will be shocked if we win out. At Marshall, FIU, and at FAU is the toughest three game stretch of the season.

Let me know when we beat a good team.

This is by far the toughest stretch of the season, Marshall, FIU and FAU are all legit CUSA teams (whatever that means).

Playing UT tough was great, but we still haven’t done anything to show that we will beat one of the three upcoming let alone two.

Southern Miss beat Marshall last week. I know we can’t use the transitive property but let’s not go overboard when describing our futility or our opponents uberness (FAU has a losing record).

Southern Miss was a good win, not great but good.

It wouldn’t shock me to lose to any or beat any of the next three opponents. It’s ok to think Lambert should be fired and at the same time give him credit for having his best year. This is where I am atm.

They needed kindlin’ to light their woodstoves. It is getting cold up in the hills.

I’ve always said if he bowls, he should keep his job.

Still think it handcuffs the program.

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

Yes. I’m suffering from cognitive dissonance too. Cognitive dissonance , the mental conflict that occurs when beliefs or assumptions are contradicted by new information. The unease or tension that the conflict arouses in people is relieved by one of several defensive maneuvers: they reject, explain away, or avoid the new information; persuade themselves that no conflict really exists; reconcile the differences; or resort to any other defensive means of preserving stability or order in their conceptions of the world and of themselves.

1 Like

Lambert wasn’t hired to be an FBS coach and he has proven that he is not an FBS coach. He got his 1st FCS head coaching job and it magically became an FBS head coaching job. He is not getting it done at this level. It is time to move on and take the next leap with the program. Good luck to him and I hope that he lands on his feet as a defensive coordinator or FCS head coach.