Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

This game is on my birthday. On one hand, it would be cool to go to an sec game on my birthday. On the other, it will suck to see us get smashed on my birthday.

I have been to a couple of games at Neyland, and let me tell you that you are in for an experience. This is what big time football looks like. There is nobody standing outside asking people why they did not wear orange, because there will be 100k+ people all wearing it. Make sure you look below the stadium at the Vol Navy on the river. That has to be the most unique tailgating option in all of college football. We might not beat them, but this will be the best game day experience our fans have seen.

3 Likes

Youā€™d think itā€™d be a great thing to kind of energize the casual fan and get them excited for what we can do hereā€¦but unfortunately I think only the die hards will make the trip to Knoxville.

Yep. The so called casual fan would go if they thought weā€™d be the least bit competitive. Since thatā€™s not the case, only the die hards will go, but sadly this die hard wonā€™t due to family obligations (grandsonā€™s birthday).

Currently working on the tailgate location for the ambulance, limo and some delta sigs. We canā€™t join the bus folks because they are all going to be in a park with an alumni pavilion like event set up.

Deadline for the bus is Sept 30th. Help us being a little to green to fall in Neyland.

Does anyone know when they might set the time for this game? Me and a friend plan to drive, and stay a night, but depending on what time the game is will determine if it is Friday night or Saturday night that we stay.

Typically itā€™s around two weeks before, although I anticipate our game being a SECN broadcast so we may know a little sooner.

This would have been an awesome trip if we had anything resembling a competitive team. As it is, it will be nothing short of an embarrassing debacle that I cannot bring myself to endure.

We made a mini-vacation of our game at Kentucky. Did the tour of distilleries. The final score of the game didnā€™t diminish the good time we had, since it was an expected result.

Interestingly enough on the way up we spent one night at the Hampton Inn and Suites next to UT.

Looking at tickets through ticket return, it just gives a GA ticket to purchase. Will this allow any seating in the highlighted map that was posted before? Otherwise there are some cheap tickets on Stubhub Iā€™d be tempted to buy so I know I get a decent row

If you buy through Ticket Return the 49er Club will assign your specific seat based on 49er Club points. Once you purchase it, you can call the ticket office and make requests like for example, an aisle seat, a seat as close as possible to anyone you know etc. Our AD gets all the proceeds from these. All of the visitor seats are excellent for this game (Iā€™ve sat in them before).

If you go the Stubhub route you can get in cheaper (I did this for Marshall two years ago) Iā€™d just try to get as close as possible to our section.

https://seatgeek.com/venues/neyland-stadium/seating-chart/tennessee-volunteers-football-22024/a

View from Section A.

I misread the previous post. I though they were in the highlighted sections. The tweet looks like theyā€™re only in Section A. Thanks

I was going to go but honestly, I donā€™t know that I want to watch a beatdown and have to drive back that night for work. That UMASS game did not inspire any hope for the rest of the season.

1 Like

Why has the start time for this game not been set YET??

TV schedule not set.

Any recommendations on lots to park in or
Anywhere there may be a few 49er fans?

This is the Buyout Bowl for us

1 Like

KA-CHING!!!$$$