Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

It will be interesting how motivated Tennessee plays in this game. They will likely be coming off several losses where they’ve got their brains beaten in by SEC teams. Dare I say this should be the most competitive game we’ve seen from Charlotte against a P5 team to date? Of course we still have the suck of Brad Lambert possessing our program so no reason to get too optimistic. I think Tennessee wins this one but I’d like to see a 27-20 type of game.

We could come away with an upset if this were our first game after the head coach being dismissed. Teams always seem to get an added boost after such an event and with them on a low and us trying to prove something it would make for an interesting game.

I grew up in Tennessee and still keep up with the program. This could be the worst team in the history of UT football, and that is no exaggeration. Their only wins to date are ETSU (a bad FCS team) and a 24-0 victory over the worst team in FBS UTEP (and looked awful in victory). They were non-competitive in their last game against a very average (in SEC terms) Florida team. Their next four games are at Georgia, at Auburn, vs Bama, and at South Carolina.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see a victory in their next four. They will more than likely be limping into our game with a five game losing streak. Currently FPI gives their best chance of victory versus a SEC opponent to be Vandy (at 31%). A 31% chance to beat Vandy, it’s staggering to type that sentence. (FPI gives them a 92% chance to beat us for full disclosure)

Now everything could change if we go without a win as well, or if UT is able to win a game or two over the next month but as I type this there is an excellent opportunity to be competitive. We still have Lambert, and we have not performed well in games against P5 teams (Kansas St non effort still haunts my dreams) but UT will never be as weak again in my lifetime as they appear they will be this year. I just hope we can take advantage of it.

They will beat us.

Convincingly

clt is calling it. we shock the world.

https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/university_tennessee/football/#/

Pretty cool 3D interactive guide to Neyland, tickets should be arriving any day now and this will give you a good idea of the views from your seat. Seat numbers start at goal line and increase as you approach the 15 in A.

Tennessee is improving scoring a big victory on the road over Auburn last week, they may not be the wounded dog (pun intended) that I originally thought they would on the 3rd.

I remember sitting in section D row 8 (40-45 yard line) for Peyton vs UCLA for my second ever Vol game in 1996, along with 106,000 other screaming idiots. My drunk ass got on national TV (CBS). Vols won 35-20 in a game that featured two future NFL QBs. I passed out in the Days Inn banquet room on the strip a few hours later (seem to remember Jeter hit a HR or big RBi single in his first WS game that same night). Was absolutely amazing to be honest. Saw a bunch of other great games there over the next couple of years, including a 35-29 loss to Florida where Spurrier went for it on 4th and 11 from Vol 35ish and scored a TD (I was also in section D for that one, probably like row 4 - damn play happened so close to me I felt like running out on the field to make the tackle), Concord’s Jay Graham on a sprint out go ahead touchdown on that same side of the field in a 20-13 win over Bama (first in a long time in that rivalry), and even an eventually solid drubbing of a game new program from UAB a year later (IIRC they hung around til halftime). Also saw Tee Martin take the Vols to a NC, including beating Florida 20-17 in OT in Neyland, something Peyton could never manage, and Clint Stoerner tripping and putting the ball on the ground to save UTs ass in what should have been a NC hopes crushing loss.

That stadium fills with a lot of rednecks in garish orange, but it’s a really good time. I hope Niner Nation shows up in force. Should be quite a spectacle regardless of the two teams fortunes this season.

Those seats they are giving us are pretty damn good. Section A is tucked in the end/red zone, but its high exposure as its opposite the broadcast location, so any time a team is down there trying to score, you’re gonna be visible. I hope we fill it up with green and make a nice showing.

1 Like

I thought Lower A was our section? I ordered 2 tickets several weeks ago and then called Wednesday to get 3 more. According to the seat chart above my 1st two are row 33 (looks upper) and the other 3 are row 17.

Might help if I could read. 1st two are row 21.

Hah what seats? I’m 14-17 in Row 21. And row 33 is still lower, just above the walkway.

33-34, Row 17 are 11-13.

You guys get your tickets in the mail? Are you going on bus?

Tickets came today. I’m not taking the bus.

Ok, still waiting on mine but we are riding the bus.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-kickoff-tv-broadcast-college-football-schedule-week-10-alabama-georgia-lsu-florida-tennessee-auburn-mississippi-texas-am-arkansas-2018/

4:00 kick-off, absolutely perfect.

Edit: And La Tech versus Miss St. is not a “Dud”, La Tech will give them all they want.

Yup, I was hoping for either a 3:30 or 4pm kickoff. Fantastic!

I was planning on take the ambulance, but the power steering has been acting up and it seems like a bad idea to take it up the mountain with powersteering that may not be behaving. I havent had time to work on it. Still rolling up in the minivan though!

What? Are you saying the minivan can’t tow the Normbulance up the mountains?

2 Likes

Besides alumi tailgate for the bus, anyone else have recommendations for parking? I’ve looked at some spots but just unsure. First time I was at UT I just bought a random lot in game day