Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

Iā€™m thinking about making plans to go, super last-minute. Anybody have extra tickets?

Does anyone know or have a link to TN tailgating policies? Stuff like alcholol, glass or can, etcā€¦

clt says moonshine is preferred.

1 Like

I canā€™t find a specific tailgate policy. Stadium has a clear bag policy for entry. Being downtown for a couple games before, I think itā€™s safe to say most anything is welcome. Iā€™d just be cautious traveling streets with open containers to avoid any possible trouble

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/will-tennessee-make-a-bowl-game-espns-fpi-predicts-outcome-of-vols-remaining-games/amp/

clt asks if we win this game, can Hill fire lambert?

Tennessee is currently rolling on offense. Itā€™s taken them a while, but theyā€™re getting it going. I donā€™t think we stand a chance.

Opening line Tennessee -21

Anyone know parking options? Stub hub has some passes, but they all look to be parking garages, any help appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.tennesseefund.org/lib/file/upload/football-parking-map-14_athletics_r2.pdf

Last I heard NWA is setting up in G4, the alumni tailgate is in the park just NE of those garages if youā€™re wanting to hook up with either of those two groups. Iā€™ll be walking over from the hotel to meet up with the Normbulance crew. Thereā€™s plenty of private cash lots at different businesses if youā€™re just looking to drive in and catch the games as well.

Hereā€™s an encyclopedia of links to Gameday information. For sure go by Calhounā€™s and check out the Vol Navy, that is a very cool unique Tennessee experience. I also like the band match into the stadium and the Vol Walk. Most of the bars are located on Cumberland Ave if you would like to hit those instead of the traditional tailgate.

Make sure youā€™re in your seat before kick-off, the running through the T is one of the most exciting entrances in footballl.

One more thing, it feels a little cooler in the stadium due to the breeze off the river in fall, so dress a little warmer than you think you need.

Canā€™t believe game week is here!

2 Likes

I would take a 17-38 loss.

Excited for this game. Havenā€™t been to Knoxville in a few years. Theyā€™re already complaining on the boards about opening only as a 21pt favorite with ASU beating us by so much

http://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/ut-opens-as-big-favorite.297701/

I think that we will be more competitive than 21 points as long as the guys worry about the game and not the stadium size.

On a side note, my nephew will be at the game as a guest of the UT football team. His high school team lost the TN state championship game in 2016, won the championship in 2017, and is undefeated going into the playoffs this year. He is a 6-4, 280-300 guard, but his parents donā€™t pimp him like others do. I did try to get him to consider Charlotte, but he is not interested.

clt says tickets start at $6

Tickets will be available outside the stadium for cheap. Scalping is legal in TN, but these are the games they lose money on. You may even be able to score some freebies.

i have one extra alumni tailgate ticket and game ticket. if youā€™d like to purchase the tailgate ticket for $45 ill throw in the game ticket for free. section A row 22. shoot me a message if interested.

Tennessee has been improving, beating Auburn in the murdererā€™s row part of their schedule and really should have beaten South Carolina last week. That being said the way they lost to USCe could be deflating, and our best chance is to get something good to happen for us early. The biggest mismatch I see is their WRs, they run a lot of short passes and those could turn to TDs very easily. If Foggie can do his thing and pick one of those underneath passes off early it would be massive. I ā€œthinkā€ we can hold up ok versus their run.

On O Shirreffs has to play much better than he has up to this point, and he can not run. Decapitation is a possibility if he does so. If he can do enough to keep the D honest will be interesting to see if our OL can open some holes for the run, the D-Line is not the strength of UTā€™s team (interesting sidenote Shy Tuttle their NT went to my high school).

I canā€™t wait for this weekend to get here.

1 Like

App State would crush them this year

Iā€™ll also add that what I most want to see is us play with the same chip (actually with a bigger one) on the shoulder that we did against So. Miss. Far too often (last year in particular) we appear to have been intimidated when playing these P5 schools, I want to see us knock some heads and force them to beat us down.

UT this season has beat ETSU (FCS), UTEP (longest losing streak in FBS), and Auburn. Auburn is a top tier program and has talent but the other two teams are worse than Charlotte. I hope UT takes us lightly and we can hang with them for awhile. If we play our best game ever and get some bounces there is a small chance we shock the world Saturday.

3 Likes