Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

I dunno, itā€™s hard to beat a navy from landā€¦

https://www.espncharlotte.net/the-wake-up-call-brad-lambert-11-2-2018/

The game is showing on SEC Network + if you have Sling.

If that article is not in every locker tomorrow Lambert should be fired right away.

My favorite song about Tennessee. https://youtu.be/_Nl3iT_lRjw
May not be appropriate for children.

Forget whatever the final score will be. Gotta love the $1M payout. That will come in handy.

Was looking for info on this. Is that was the payout is?

2 Likes

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article221013755.html

Kentucky (2015): $850,000

Louisville (2016): $600,000

Kansas State (2017): $850,000

Tennessee (2018): $1 million

Clemson (2019): $1 million

Tennessee (2020): $1.3 million

Illinois (2021): $1.2 million

South Carolina (2022): $1.4 million

clt says they are going to pay us to beat them!

The game is on one of those 25 SEC stations on AT&T U-verse. We changed cable providers recently, so itā€™s the first time I looked at those stations.

Many of the commercials are for Tennessee and Florida candidates and issues.

Charlotte booted a 75 yard punt with no return.

They ran a Claire McCaskill ad. Sheā€™s a Senator from Missouri.

Special teams continue to be a huge liability. Offense struggles and defense is impressive.

clt says this a high mark for our program

Bs call on lemay set up the punt return

Our defense is elite

Pleased with the game. My only rant: Might just be me, but Iā€™m always pissed off when Lambert decides to go for it. TAKE THE F#king POINTS! We have a great kicker, and Lambert continues to take him out of the equation whenever possible. Pisses me off.

Great effort by our guys on D. Played a great game. Weā€™ve progressed as a program.

Iā€™m a proponent of taking the points on the road until you have no other options and at that point you play for the win

Lambert has used these players this year to make a great turnaround. I have one question. How much better could they have been under a different coach? The decision to go for it on 4th and 1 with 6:53 remaining and down 11 was atrocious. It looks even worse when we only got 2 yards rushing on 2nd down and 1 yard rushing on 3rd down.

Shirreffs really struggled this game. He has the size and the arm strength, but just doesnā€™t have the ā€œitā€ factor to be a high level college QB. He made some bad throws even when the protection held up. If he gets out of the pocket on a scramble forget about a completion. His accuracy on the run is non-existent. Maybe he would be proficient with a really good offensive line, but you just donā€™t get those in CUSA. I think he moves on to FCS or lower after this season. I would like to see Pope in a game or two since the new rules allow it. It would be good to see where we are at QB going into next season. My guess is Lambert wonā€™t do it for fear that there will be film out there on him or because he is just not a good coach.

On Defense, Gimmell and DeLuca showed up, but where was Foggie? He didnā€™t seem to be around the ball as much as normal. Maybe I am wrong, but I just didnā€™t seem to see him as much as I normally do. The DBā€™s struggled, but we saw that earlier this year. I think they are average at best, and I give kudos to Spenser for covering it up as much as he has.

Special teams blows again. Play calling was terrible and if that punter does another rugby punt after watching his normal punts the special teams coach should be fired.

Thatā€™s a Lambert call. Weā€™ve done that from the get-go.

Shireffs is 3 starts into his college career, despite his age /# of burned seasons. That said, I cannot argue with dowlessā€™ criticism of where he is at right now. He isnā€™t showing the poise he showed in the WKU game, and maybe thatā€™s because the competition improved, or maybe itā€™s because itā€™s suddenly on his shoulders.

Benny Lemay is a legit FBS RB. UT decided to deny him and he still picked up 81 yards.

Our defense gave up 7 pts and 20 total yards rushing, on the road, to an SEC team today. If I told you that before the game youā€™d have been ecstatic and dreaming of a W.

Itā€™s a shame that defensive effort today was not rewarded with a win because it was a chance (and a chance still remains for the rest of the season) for this team to establish an identity. An identity comes from playing very well and being dependable. And in this case our identity evolved from two things: 1) good recruiting a couple of years ago by some guys who are no longer with the program: tereshinski, Curry, guys like that; and 2) good coaching in the form of Glenn Spencer. I want to recognize that but I want to recognize that Lambert is not responsible for it either. Itā€™s a tough position to be in.

2 Likes