Tennessee Away Game 11-3-2018

Should have just smiled and told her to relax for nowā€¦because shes going to have a stressful few months of home shopping and moving in the near future.

1 Like

Best case scenario for us yesterday. Lambert simultaneously made him self look respectable as a coach while at the same time showed why he shouldnā€™t be leading us going forward. Itā€™ll help him land on his feet for his next job, which I want because heā€™s a good man and deserves no ill will.

2 Likes

UT had 19 plays of 0 or negative yards.

That is the lowest rushing yardage for them since 2014 vs Ole Miss

Reporter: To what would you attribute the offensive struggles

Pruitt: I would say Charlotte

That was an elite dominating defensive performance. We have a shot in every game the way the D is dialed in, but if the O doesnā€™t start finishing drives we could lose them all as well. The rest of the season hinges on Shirreffs imho.

Still, Iā€™m going to take today to enjoy a dominating defensive performance of which I thought we were incapable of delivering against that kind of opponent.

1 Like

I honestly had no major issues with coaching yesterday. Probably would have been better to go for the field goal over going for it on 4th down but besides that I think we were just limited by our lack of experience/talent at quarterback. That ultimately does fall on the coach for poor recruiting but Shirriffs is the backup. If Reynolds played it could have been even closer. Yes I am in favor of a coaching change but in some ways I hate to see us lose the momentum we have on defense. I am also fine with saying that this was a moral victory after last year because this game showed a ton of progress.

Exactly. Why not Spencer as HC?

Why have him as head coach? What are his qualifications? Iā€™m not knocking the idea btw, Iā€™m just saying having a good defense doesnā€™t mean you should be a head coach.

Most fans seem to want a P5 assistant or think we cant even get one. He was that and has done an amazing just as DC this season. Other than a coordinator, our other choice will likely be a lower level HC. Spencer is as good a bet as an fcs HC and it would keep this defensive unit together. This would be ideal.

Who thinks we canā€™t get a P5 Assistant?

Spencer is as good as a bet as Mike houston???

I have 0 issue with us interviewing Spencer, but we better interview others from outside as well if hes under consideration. He has done a great job.

Im probably looking for a unicorn, but I really hope we can get someone that can not only coach but can inspire some excitement (and Spencer may be that way, ive never heard an interview with him). Brad is an incredibly boring personality. Ultimately winning is what matters the most, but a coach that can sell the program can amplify the winning effect.

1 Like

The problem is that Spencer is gone next year regardless. He has earned another P5 assistant job.

Pic of standing O after the game.

2 Likes

That is probably true. Only way to hold onto him may be as head coach & with no prior head coaching experience that is risky. Just hope we get someone who can build on the progress weā€™ve seen this year without totally starting over.

Knew families were close, but didnā€™t know she was literally the person in front of me. I didnā€™t yell it. I turned to HotRod, pointed at our bench and said this is why you are getting fired Brad.

1 Like

What? There have been multiple comments stating ā€œwe wont be able to afford a good p5 coordinatorā€. Obviously I mean a highly successful one.

What does he know about recruiting? Or running an offense? Or selling the,program to fans?

I donā€™t want a guy who is learning on the job.

I think we can afford whatever we need to. The previous regime wanted the funds distributed equally. That is not going to get winning football or basketball.

Probably more than you and i.

If we go bowling, Iā€™ll eat crow and support Lambert. Concerning Spencer, if heā€™s in Hillā€™s list of candidates, then by all means interview him. If not, trust the process.

Listening to Tennesseeā€™s Sunday morning Call-In show on the way home today the color commentator said ā€œIf it was 3rd and 1 yesterday, Iā€™d have bet my house against us picking it upā€

Another of my favorites from someone who covers the Vols ā€œThe 85 Bears shouldnā€™t be able to hold you to .8 yards per carryā€

1 Like

True dat!